Jackson Estate News: Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

shimar

Proud Member
RIP_mj_final2.jpg

Jackson Family Claims MJ Fired Branca

Posted Oct 1st 2009 4:39PM by TMZ Staff

1001_branca_mj_ex.jpg
TMZ has learned an attorney acting on behalf of at least two members of Michael Jackson's family will go to court tomorrow and ask the judge to boot named co-executor John Branca from the case, but there's something they don't know.

Attorney Brian Oxman -- the lawyer who pops up from time to time in the Jackson saga -- says he has a document proving Jackson fired Branca.

Branca served as Jackson's lawyer on and off for 29 years. Sources connected to Branca freely admit Jackson fired the lawyer in 1990, but rehired him 3 years later. We're also told Branca quit Michael in 2006 because Jackson insisted on hiring "advisors" Branca believed would do great harm to MJ.

A month before Jackson died, he began conversations with Branca, saying he wanted him back in the fold. We've learned on June 17, eight days before Jackson died, Jackson signed a letter hiring Branca back as his lawyer.

Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the estate, confirmed, "In mid-June, Michael Jackson retained John Branca to represent him as general and entertainment counsel in his business and personal affairs." Weitzman added, "The letter retaining Branca was shared with lawyers for Katherine Jackson very early in the probate proceedings."

Attorney Londell McMillan, who reps Katherine Jackson, tells TMZ "We will not comment on what we will do tomorrow." McMillan also had no comment on Brian Oxman, but did say he had "valuable information."
Filed under: Michael Jackson

We don't know what 2 members are claiming this - but Michael himself signed the letter to hire Branca back as his legal counsel.

And it doesn't matter regardless - the last will was in 2002.

see? I have a wierd feeling with that one. why would he not update his will around 2007? he obviously did it after Blanket was born, and then decided it was fine. he wasn't expecting to die :(

Wish the family would stop meddling! .... the executors have done nothing but great work since they took over the estate.

Is it? They are going to court tomorrow for this though.

And Brian Oxman is wanting to get Branca out.

yeah, I've heard about it before. I'd be interested to see what happens though. Branca's got his legal claws everywhere!

his conflict of interest earlier (with Sony) is partly why MJ fired him. I wonder how many conflicts of interest he's got right now.

one thing about MJ -- and we all know about this and love him for it anyways: he did not have the best judgment when it came to the people around him.

Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the estate, confirmed, "In mid-June, Michael Jackson retained John Branca to represent him as general and entertainment counsel in his business and personal affairs." Weitzman added, "The letter retaining Branca was shared with lawyers for Katherine Jackson very early in the probate proceedings."

Hmm...so the family already know about the letter retaining Branca and are still going forward. The supposed information from Oxman better be very good and very recent.

Oxman and some (not all) Jackson Family members are no better. Oxman sold out MJ when Blanket was born.

I'm in no way qualified to say one is better than the other, but Branca helped Michael become a billionaire, and for the kids' sake, I'd trust Branca with their money versus a Jackson Family appointed lawyer.

yeah, I've heard about it before. I'd be interested to see what happens though. Branca's got his legal claws everywhere!

his conflict of interest earlier (with Sony) is partly why MJ fired him. I wonder how many conflicts of interest he's got right now.

one thing about MJ -- and we all know about this and love him for it anyways: he did not have the best judgment when it came to the people around him.

Hmm...so the family already know about the letter retaining Branca and are still going forward. The supposed information from Oxman better be very good and very recent.

Oxman is just trying to get back in the game - remember, Oxman was the one who ratted out Blanket's birth & all that.

And then he was fired by MJ.

knowing oxman the document is prob from the 80's. so hes gonna claim mj hired and fired him all in 8 days?

Oxman and some (not all) Jackson Family members are no better. Oxman sold out MJ when Blanket was born.

I'm in no way qualified to say one is better than the other, but Branca helped Michael become a billionaire, and for the kids' sake, I'd trust Branca with their money versus a Jackson Family appointed lawyer.

Exactly.:yes:

someone should ask oxman why he was calling mj a druggie when he wasnt even cold outside the hospital

Wish the family would stop meddling! .... the executors have done nothing but great work since they took over the estate.

Okay? Now branca seems a little shady from what I read but I am with you all of the way, stay out of Michael's affair as the family will not be using his name to be swindling away any money he needs to pay out and keep his estate solvent. mike loved his family but too many bad business deals with Joe involved made him step back and say hold up for one minute. family is family and business is business. Also why is loudmoouth oxman in the picture. Nonetheless Branca and Mcclain will continue handling mike's affairs. Londell and Brian need to get out of the way and stay out of it.

Brian Oxman is a moron.....Michael signed that will and wouldn't have left Branca in control if he did not trust him. Some (not all) of these Jackson family members need to STFU for a while about all the legal stuff. Branca has been doing a decent job so far, and I just worry that all of these "lawyers" are going to stick their noses where they don't belong and way down the road Michael's children will be the one's to suffer.

Branca brought Michael the best deals of his career. He certainly has proven himself better than others, and I never heard him going off like Oxman about Michael's "problems."

I also think Branca genuinely loved Michael, unlike so many other backstabbers.

And he's done a great job for him in the last 3 months. If Jackson's family was so good at business, they would not need to be interfering in Michael's.

Brian Oxman is a moron.....Michael signed that will and wouldn't have left Branca in control if he did not trust him. Some (not all) of these Jackson family members need to STFU for a while about all the legal stuff. Branca has been doing a decent job so far, and I just worry that all of these "lawyers" are going to stick their noses where they don't belong and way down the road Michael's children will be the one's to suffer.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It seems Michael fired some others as well but the family doesn't have a problem with THEM (e.g. the former nanny) still being around. *smh* Nobody that was around Michael is to be trusted imo.

Well, for one thing, he's an executive producer for TII. Does that count? AEG and Sony are in partnership for TII. Both Branca and McClain are co-producers of the movie. This might be ok, if Michael REALLY hired Branca back, or was he coerced into it, or. . don't know. I just smell a LOT of fish.

Carry on, though,

Vic

I completely get what you're saying, but the challenge is coming from Brian Oxman and 2 Jackson Family members (who have yet to be named).

Between Branca & Oxman, who's the bigger schmuck?

My money's on Oxman.

HE SOLD OUT BLANKET TO THE MEDIA at 2 days old.

So anything that comes from Oxman, I'm not really believing it.

Well, for one thing, he's an executive producer for TII. Does that count? AEG and Sony are in partnership for TII. Both Branca and McClain are co-producers of the movie. This might be ok, if Michael REALLY hired Branca back, or was he coerced into it, or. . don't know. I just smell a LOT of fish.

Carry on, though,

Vic

Branca brought Michael the best deals of his career. He certainly has proven himself better than others, and I never heard him going off like Oxman about Michael's "problems."

I also think Branca genuinely loved Michael, unlike so many other backstabbers.

And he's done a great job for him in the last 3 months. If Jackson's family was so good at business, they would not need to be interfering in Michael's.

There could have been a lot going on behind the scenes. We have NO idea if Branca "loved" Michael, or not. Others have said that, too, and then stabbed him in the back. It's almost axiomatic that if a person was in Michael's inner circle, then he'd rip him off some way. History shows this, over-and-over.

I don't know Branca personally. I just find it highly suspicious that he was hired only eight days before Michael died, and that magically, he had a copy of an old will naming him as executor, and NOW he's co-producing the TII movie, which is an AEG/Sony partnership. I'd give the ATV catalog, say, six months? (Remember this post, when Michael's share is sold back to Sony, ok?)

I completely get what you're saying, but the challenge is coming from Brian Oxman and 2 Jackson Family members (who have yet to be named).

Between Branca & Oxman, who's the bigger schmuck?

My money's on Oxman.

HE SOLD OUT BLANKET TO THE MEDIA at 2 days old.

So anything that comes from Oxman, I'm not really believing it.

Hmmm. Tough question. As schmucks go, I'd say Oxman? Doesn't leave Branca in the clear in the schmuck-department, though. He may have an entirely different agenda. Time will tell. . . . .

The Jacksons are itching to get their claws on MJ's money. I can't help but be scared for MJ's kids. They are like lambs surrounded by wolves.

Hmmm. Tough question. As schmucks go, I'd say Oxman? Doesn't leave Branca in the clear in the schmuck-department, though. He may have an entirely different agenda. Time will tell. . . . .

Exactly - the schmuck-o-meter rings higher for Oxman.

Branca very well is oozing with schmuck-dom, but he never sold out one of MJ's kids, like Oxman did and a NEWBORN at that.

The Jacksons are itching to get their claws on MJ's money. I can't help but be scared for MJ's kids. They are like lambs surrounded by wolves.

They need to step off because they are going to cause Katherine to lose her 40% if they don't quit it.

Back