The Daily News Oct 6 - Chinese fans made This Is It to the cinemas!

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson movie to screen in China

HONG KONG – The Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" has snapped up one of the last of China's 20 annual foreign movie import slots, a Sony Pictures executive said Tuesday.

Chinese censors approved the film before the weeklong National Day holiday that started on Oct. 1, clearing it in time for the global release date of Oct. 28, Li Chow, Sony Pictures Releasing International's general manager for China told The Associated Press in a phone interview.

Li said Sony Pictures will give the movie as wide a release as possible because of Jackson's big fan base in China, depending on how many prints they can issue before Oct. 28. China had nearly 4,100 screens at the end of 2008.

"We'll do as many prints as possible. It depends on the labs," Li said.
China only allows 20 major foreign films to be released in the country every year on a revenue-sharing basis. But those Hollywood releases are often immensely popular. China's two most recent all-time box office records were both set by American films. "Transformers: Revenge of the

Fallen" broke the 11-year-old record set by "Titanic" in July by earning 400
million Chinese yuan ($59 million).

Directed by longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega, "Michael Jackson: This Is It" draws on hundreds of hours of footage as Jackson prepared for a series of London concerts for which he was rehearsing before his death on June 25.

Calls Tuesday to state-run China Film Group, which decides which foreign movies to import, went unanswered.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091006/ap_en_mo/as_mov_china_michael_jackson_movie

MJ’s doctor told to stay away from kids’ affairs

Washington, October 6 (ANI): Michael Jackson’s former doctor has reportedly been told to remain at bay from affairs concerning the late star’s children.
Dr. Arnold Klein was informed by a Los Angeles court that he has no legal standing to raise concerns about the welfare of Prince Michael and Paris.

According to TMZ.com, court documents show the court ruled after considering “conclusive presumption” that the King of Pop and his former wife Debbie Rowe are the parents of the two eldest kids, reports Contactmusic.

The court also ruled that there is “no legal mother” of the singer’s youngest child Prince Michael Jackson, II - a.k.a Blanket. (ANI)

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...-stay-away-from-kids-affairs-2_100256605.html

Michael Jackson's tomb's security scaled back

Privately hired extra security has been withdrawn from Michael Jackson's Forest Lawn Memorial Park tomb, but it remains under round the clock surveillance.

Privately hired extra security has been withdrawn from Michael Jackson's Forest Lawn Memorial Park tomb, but it remains under round the clock surveillance.

According to TMZ, extra protection to the mausoleum that houses Jackson's body was withdrawn last week but Forest Lawn guards continue to keep it secure using 24-hour cameras and alarms. So far there have been no vandalism attempts, say reps for the cemetery.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Gossip/60574.aspx#

MICHAEL JACKSON 'CONTROLLED' BY STAFF

Michael Jackson's sister La Toya broke down yesterday (05.10.09) as she revealed how the late singer's thoughts and actions were ''controlled'' by his team of minders.

Michael Jackson's thoughts and actions were "controlled" by his team of minders.

The late pop star's sister La Toya broke down yesterday (05.10.09) as she revealed Michael's staff had brainwashed the timid singer.

She told UK TV show 'GMTV': "Michael was very meek and very kind and people would just barge their way into his life. People controlled him. They did what they wanted and it was very difficult for him to say no. We've tried so many times to intervene but they keep everybody at bay, they keep everyone away actually."

When asked exactly how Michael's staff had influenced him, La Toya replied: "By controlling him. By controlling his thoughts, controlling what he does, not letting anyone through the gates. We couldn't even get near security."

Michael - who was allegedly addicted to prescription medications - passed away aged 50 on June 25 from acute Propofol intoxication.
Propofol is a powerful anaesthetic used to put surgery patients to sleep in hospital.

Los Angeles police are currently carrying out a homicide investigation into Michael's death.

La Toya said the family is pleased with how this is progressing and are looking forward to the truth about the 'Thriller' singer's life.
She said: "I think the police are doing an absolutely wonderful job. You guys are going to get really, really different information and news that you're not aware of. More will be revealed probably within the next month or two."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/michael-jackson-controlled-by-staff_1118177

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1991 - Elizabeth Taylor married Larry Fortensky. The ceremony was held at Michael Jackson's estate near Los Angeles, CA. It was Taylor's 8th marriage and Fortensky's 3rd.

liz-fortensky.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Daily News Oct 6

Congrats China.!!!

Klein....no comment...

Privet Security guards...thankyou...

Latoya...lol...i really dont know what to say. But I can say that she's not on my bad side anymore...

Thankyou for the news Marie...its a good start of the day...:D

Love,
Romi

why is she only telling this to the UK press, she was on Barbara Walter and on the View why is she now talking about this.

LaToya is absolutely right in this.

Michael was manipulated, and that manipulation was killing him.

That was obvious that family could not visit Michael, the so-called advisors and "his" people were keeping his family away, most of the time.

I do believe this too.

I do not believe for one second that anybody was keeping Michael from seeing his family. In my opinion, "sometimes" Michael probably didn't feel like being bothered with the family. Which I'm sure some of us on this very board have experienced with our OWN families at one time or another.

I mean, it's probably easier for a sister to say: "they were keeping him away from us." Rather than have to say: "sometimes he did not want to see us (for whatever reason)."

His so called "advisors and/or people" didn't appear to mind that Michael attended that dinner which was held for his parents. They must have all been taking a nap, when Mike and the kids snuck out the crib and went to the dinner party. LOL!

^^^

LOl, I agree with some of that.

Thanks for the news

I do not believe for one second that anybody was keeping Michael from seeing his family. In my opinion, "sometimes" Michael probably didn't feel like being bothered with the family. Which I'm sure some of us on this very board have experienced with our OWN families at one time or another.

I mean, it's probably easier for a sister to say: "they were keeping him away from us." Rather than have to say: "sometimes he did not want to see us (for whatever reason)."

His so called "advisors and/or people" didn't appear to mind that Michael attended that dinner which was held for his parents. They must have all been taking a nap, when Mike and the kids snuck out the crib and went to the dinner party. LOL!

I agree with this somewhat as well.

Michael does seem like one who can be easily influenced, but in a kind of "go with the flow" kind of way. I don't think however that you could get him to do or not do something that he REALLY did or didn't want to do.

He wanted to have the number one album in the world...he did it.
He wanted to have kids no matter what....he did it.
People wanted him to stop hanging out with kids...he didn't.
People begged him not to have any more face work done...he didn't.

He talks on one hand about how he has to have heavy guard around him at all times, but I've read an article by a close friends of his (one of those kids that used to tour with him in the 90's) who says that occasionally Michael would just turn up at his house, which is on the opposite side of the US, by himself and without a security guard in sight.

I think sometimes he just didn't want to mess with anyone and made it seem as though it was the people around him blocking, rather than have anybody's feelings get hurt to know he was the one telling them to keep them out.

I'm a Chinese fan
A lot of Chinese fans wrote letters to China Film Group,we hope all Chinese fans can watch Michael in cinema.
We are so happy,our dream will come ture.

Last edited:

I'm a Chinese fan
A lot of Chinese fans worte letters to China Film Group,we hope all Chinese fans can watch Michael in cinema.

That's pretty cool that you wrote them :)

I'm a Chinese fan
A lot of Chinese fans worte letters to China Film Group,we hope all Chinese fans can watch Michael in cinema.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:clapping:
YOU DID IT!!!!!!!:agree:

"The Official Michael Jackson Opus" To Be Only Brand New Authorized Tribute to The King of Pop On Holiday Shelves

Book Joins 1988 Autobiography “Moonwalk,” To Be Reissued This Month, as Only Titles Authorized by Legendary Artist’s Estate​

* Press Release
* Source: Opus Media Group and The Estate of Michael Jackson
* On Monday October 5, 2009, 8:32 am EDT

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Despite the proliferation of Michael Jackson books published or announced since his death, “The Official Michael Jackson Opus” will remain the only brand new authorized tribute to the King of Pop appearing on the shelves for the holidays, it was announced today. The book joins the reissue of Michael’s 1988 autobiography “Moonwalk” as the only titles authorized by the legendary singer’s Estate.

A number of unauthorized books have been published or announced in recent weeks, frequently promoted to mislead fans into believing they were either approved by Michael before his death or sanctioned by his Estate. As authorized works, “Moonwalk” and “The Official Michael Jackson Opus” are the only books whose proceeds will go to his Estate for the beneficiaries Michael designated -- his children, his mother and the charitable causes that were important to him.

Said Michael Jackson Estate Co-Special Administrators John Branca and John McClain: “As Special Administrators of Michael’s estate, we have authorized one title that sees Michael through his own eyes and another through the eyes of people he touched. Michael’s fans worldwide will appreciate the contribution each book makes to his remarkable legacy.”

Added Jeff Wald, president and COO of Opus Media Group: “We are privileged to have witnessed Michael’s creative genius up close and grateful to his Estate for recognizing our dedication to continuing his legacy. His fans will be thrilled, and have something that will remain with them for years to come. We also are grateful that this will benefit Michael’s children, his mother and his many charitable causes, as well as providing his children and his mother with a lasting testimonial to his life of accomplishments.”

Available December 7, 2009 from Opus Media Group, “The Official Michael Jackson Opus” is a leather-bound tribute that provides his fans with more than 400 pages of photographs and remembrances of his amazing life. Fans can preorder now and receive a discount for a limited time by going to Ticketmaster.com.

“Moonwalk” will be reissued by Harmony Books on October 13, 2009.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-Official-Michael-Jackson-bw-1085348676.html?x=0&.v=1

Michael Jackson Dance Class: Wish Granted

2009_10_3_CenturyBallroom.JPG

Odds are there will be thousands of Michael Jacksons crawling the streets this Halloween, so do yourself a favor and up the ante by actually learning some of Jackson's most recognizable choreography, gleaned straight from his music videos. The folks over at Century Ballroom dance studio are teaching a four-week Michael Jackson Tribute class series, covering the moves from Jackson's "Beat It," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Bad" and "Thriller." (Overachievers: learn how some of the choreography was conceived by listening to NPR's interview with Jeffrey Daniel, who worked with Jackson on the "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal" videos.)

The series is currently halfway through, but you can still drop in for the "Bad" class on Tuesday, 10/6 as well as the "Thriller" class on Tuesday, 10/13. The entire series will re-start the following week.

8:00 - 9:30 p.m. // Century Ballroom (HaLo Studio), 500 E. Pike Street, Second Floor // $15 per class

http://seattlest.com/2009/10/05/michaeljackson.php

Congratulations, Chinese fans you did great!

Cant wait till I get my copy of the Opus! Woot! Woot!

‘Michael Jackson’ first fawn born in breeding center

By Carla Gomez

pic-09300315340137.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON, named after the late pop superstar, is the first fawn born in six years at the Negros Forests and Ecological Foundation’s (NFEFI) captive breeding and

BACOLOD CITY – A fawn named after the late American pop superstar Michael Jackson became the first Visayan Spotted Deer to be born in the last six years at the Negros Forests and Ecological Foundation’s (NFEFI) captive breeding and conservation center in Bacolod City.
The male deer was born in July.

“We were all very excited about the birth,” NFEFI curator Doctor Joanne Justo said.

“We were delighted when the female, Sandy, turned out to be pregnant and we kept our fingers crossed it would lead to a successful birth,” Justo added.

The fawn, nicknamed MJ after Michael Jackson, went on display last week to visitors who flocked to the NFEFI center by the Provincial Lagoon in Bacolod City. The NFEFI now has 13 of these rare creatures and all can be seen at the center.

“The Visayan Spotted Deer is the rarest and most threatened deer species in the world and the arrival of MJ is very encouraging. Under the right conditions, this beautiful animal certainly has a future,” Justo said.

As part of NFEFI’s recently launched fund-raising campaign the center is hoping someone will come forward and sponsor the fawn.

“Supporting the fawn for a year is not expensive and it would make a unique gift for a loved one,” Justo said.

If any concerned citizen would be interested in supporting the fawn in full or in part, please call NFEFI at (034) 4339234 or e-mail negrosforests@gmail.com.

NFEFI’s website is www.negrosforests.org.

Aside from NFEFI, the other two key players in the Visayan Spotted Deer Conservation Program are Silliman University’s Center for Tropical Conservation Studies and the Mari-it Conservation Park of West Visayas State University in Panay.

deer-sep2809.jpg

http://www.negrosforests.org/?q=news-sep2809

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/regions/view/20090930-227593/%91Michael_Jackson%92_first_fawn_born_in_breeding_center

Last edited:
Re: ‘Michael Jackson’ first fawn born in breeding center

You Just Made My Day.
I thank you for posting. :wub:

Aww, bless his heart!

If anyone has that photo of Michael feeding the baby deer with a bottle @ Neverland, please post it here.

6532_230460675231_504055231_8451365_6380311_n.jpg

6532_230466020231_504055231_8451451_3056656_n.jpg

6532_230467510231_504055231_8451497_1669707_n.jpg

found it!!!

6532_230467525231_504055231_8451500_5887054_n.jpg

6532_230472320231_504055231_8451619_3648712_n.jpg

^^Possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

This made me cry. I love animals too. What a wonderful tribute to M. His nameake is saving the species from extinction; he would have loved it. Great pictures!

The Visayan Spotted Deer is the rarest and most threatened deer species in the world and
the arrival of MJ is very encouraging. Under the right conditions,
this beautiful animal certainly has a future,” Justo said.

As part of NFEFI’s recently launched fund-raising campaign the center is hoping someone will come forward and sponsor the fawn.
Awww! A little MJ deer! Hee hee!
With a name like Michael Jackson, certainly this cute little
creature has a future. And it's rare....just like MJ. :girl_sigh:

Good job Shayla!
As I looked at each pic you posted, I was like, naaaw, that aint it.
Nope, thats not it either. Mmpmmm. Then finally...there it was!
So cute!

Thanks for posting the article MsMo! :)
found it!!!

found it!!!

Yes, that's the one! The other ones are cute too...musta been @ Hayvenhurst...?
Thanx for posting ALL of 'em :D

Y'all are welcome ;-)

I agree with you honey. He was the 'captain' of his ship and a man who is hard to control. Listen to what Lisa Marie said in her blog. People will find any excuse, even trying to paint him as a weakling. The Jackson family are running on a lot of guilt right now and La Toya should really stop talking to the press. Enough is enough. :mad: :rolleyes:

What a sweet gentle soul this man was. He would have been an amazing Veterinarian if he wanted to.

By Carla Gomez

pic-09300315340137.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON, named after the late pop superstar, is the first fawn born in six years at the Negros Forests and Ecological Foundation’s (NFEFI) captive breeding and

BACOLOD CITY – A fawn named after the late American pop superstar Michael Jackson became the first Visayan Spotted Deer to be born in the last six years at the Negros Forests and Ecological Foundation’s (NFEFI) captive breeding and conservation center in Bacolod City.
The male deer was born in July.

“We were all very excited about the birth,” NFEFI curator Doctor Joanne Justo said.

“We were delighted when the female, Sandy, turned out to be pregnant and we kept our fingers crossed it would lead to a successful birth,” Justo added.

The fawn, nicknamed MJ after Michael Jackson, went on display last week to visitors who flocked to the NFEFI center by the Provincial Lagoon in Bacolod City. The NFEFI now has 13 of these rare creatures and all can be seen at the center.

“The Visayan Spotted Deer is the rarest and most threatened deer species in the world and the arrival of MJ is very encouraging. Under the right conditions, this beautiful animal certainly has a future,” Justo said.

“Supporting the fawn for a year is not expensive and it would make a unique gift for a loved one,” Justo said.

If any concerned citizen would be interested in supporting the fawn in full or in part, please call NFEFI at (034) 4339234 or e-mail negrosforests@gmail.com.

NFEFI’s website is www.negrosforests.org.

Aside from NFEFI, the other two key players in the Visayan Spotted Deer Conservation Program are Silliman University’s Center for Tropical Conservation Studies and the Mari-it Conservation Park of West Visayas State University in Panay.

deer-sep2809.jpg

http://www.negrosforests.org/?q=news-sep2809

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquir...Jackson%92_first_fawn_born_in_breeding_center

Oh, this made me cry, what an honor, Michael must be happy, i love animals, and MJ is so tender and beautiful:baby:, just like Michael.

Back