The Iconic Beat It and Thriller Jackets replaced for TII "WHY"

Do You prefer the iconic jackets ( from bad,dangerous,HIStory tours ) or the New ones from TII

• ICONIC

Votes: 58 69.9%
  • NEW ONES

Votes: 25 30.1%

• Total voters

Screamin

Proud Member
Im very curious as to why all the dance routines were kept pretty much the same throughout the TII rehearsals but yet the iconic Thriller and Beat It jackets were replaced ?

Why ?

The jackets were amazing and could have easily have been slightly updated but they should not been completely forgot about.

What do you guys think ?

Well as we all know this was Rehearsals. Maybe He didn't get to wear the iconic jackets. I would prefer the iconic jackets but we should be happy with what we got.:) I think if he could have done the actual concerts surley he would have had the iconic jackets.:yes:

Last edited:
yeah i dont think they would have been replaced for the real show. maybe updated slightly, and sparklier than ever. but gone entirely? i think not.

You know that these are rehearsals....Meaning Michael was not wearing what he was going to wear for the show...
Except the Smooth Criminal jacket probably because he had it handy from the Dome Project.

You know that these are rehearsals....Meaning Michael was not wearing what he was going to wear for the show...
Except the Smooth Criminal jacket probably because he had it handy from the Dome Project.

im pretty sure that there were FULL dress rehearsals taking place on some days ?

Dress rehearsals as much as they could without being in the O2. Michael can wear whatever he darn well pleases ;].

Well as we all know this was Rehearsals. Maybe He didn't get to wear the iconic jackets. I would prefer the iconic jackets but we should be happy with what we got.:) I think if he could have done the actual concerts surley he would have had the iconic jackets.:yes:
exactly

I personally think the Beat It jacket would be the iconic Red one wth Swarovski crystals on the shoulders etc, making it look like the worlds most expensive Beat It jacket, lol, I really think Mike was going for it with the costumes this one!!

there was an interview with Christian Audigier
he showed some of the clothes line he had designed for the concerts
they were inspired by the iconic ones but they looked different
& there was also a "BAD" belt

he said that this would've been the "Beat it" jacket
beatit.png

"Thriller"
thrill.png

"Bad"
grammy84shirt.png

the "BAD" belt
badbuckle.png

the Glove
glovel.png

Last edited:
I think Christian Audigier is a liar.

Michael Bush was the designer. No?

Last edited:
wasn't he wearing a blouse he was wearing when was spotted outsid @street? so I pretty much think they're rehearsels clothes only. but they definitely sexay enough for onstage too!:lol:

And I want a glove!!

i don't belive audigier. anyway, i think he was saying that they were items designed for a clothing line or something?!
i think michael bush was the concert costume designer.

There has been many interviews with Michael over the years about the Beat It jacket and the Billie Jean glove.
He loved wearing those because as soon as he put them on, the fans knew what song he would be doing. Everyone would just go nuts.
I can't see him changing it now.

i don't belive audigier. anyway, i think he was saying that they were items designed for a clothing line or something?!
i think michael bush was the concert costume designer.

Yes those are probably just for a clothing line. NOT the concert. Come on. Michael wearing a t-shirt for beat it? Anyone can get that from Threadless LOL
That plain Bad belt? Why would he have Japan on Thriller outfit?

dunno
but they were close the year before
remember Christian's birthday

Yes those are probably just for a clothing line. NOT the concert.

there were some other clothes for the clothing line but i didn't post them coz they just look ugly (and yes, uglier than these)

Why would he have Japan on Thriller outfit?

no idea LOL
i wondered about that too

hey, don't shoot the messenger :p

I also always wondered why MJ didn't wear the short films' jackets in concerts
they were close but not the same

Last edited:
I HAVE that threadless shirt!
7127_1175778848469_1648020015_474244_7041817_n.jpg

I also always wondered why MJ didn't wear the short films' jackets in concerts
they were close but not the same

On stage everything has to be BIGGER and as such the jackets tended to be very sparkly and have be enhanced slightly so even the people far in the back could tell (without looking at jumbotron) what it was that he was wearing.

plus thriller and beat it are 25+ years old. Those jackets are probably either long gone or in a museum (plus the wear and tear of doing that many shows would ruin them).

I don't think MJ wore the Billie Jean jacket either, and there's no fedora in the rehearsal...

The Way You Make Me Feel uses the blue jacket. Smooth Criminal used the original uniform and in one video he wore something else with sparkly golden pants (like actual glitter on them).

I can't imagine he would have done Billie Jean live without the sparkly jacket, glove and fedora. That was his most iconic image. He would never have missed out on the reaction he was sure to get from the crowd when he pulled out that white rhinestone glove.

Maybe some of the costumes weren't finished yet?

I swear I saw a picture of MJ wearing the Thriller/Beat It jacket (although it looked like the design had been modified) when he was coming out of or going to the doctors. Also in the trailer there is a very short film of MJ wearing a red leather jacket that looked like the Beat It one.

I have Michael Bush friended on FB and I think he said those weren't the outfits for the concert when somebody posted those clothes...I don't know what the hell Audigier is doing. I''m sorry if I'm wrong but I didn't pay much attention to it.

Anyway the point it Michael Bush was hired for the costumes. By Michael.

Last edited:

beatit.png

"Thriller"
thrill.png

"Bad"
grammy84shirt.png

the "BAD" belt
badbuckle.png

the Glove
glovel.png

well this was only to sell as merchandise probably
I dont think this were for the concerts common man,
what a butt ugly Belt :puke:

LOL and the Bad t-shirt doesn't look anything like the Bad outfit in the video. It looks more like an imitation of a military jacket.

I am not convinced.

beatit.png

"Thriller"
thrill.png

"Bad"
grammy84shirt.png

the "BAD" belt
badbuckle.png

the Glove
glovel.png

Nope. Those pics are just of some crap Audigier threw together to sell as merchandise. He wasn't working on Michael's costumes or the dancers costumes at all (THANK GOD), but some of the TII merchandise looks like the douchey Ed Hardy gear he does. Audigier also did not design the new glove, so if he said he did, he lied.

ed-hardy-hat-4031d.jpg

vxhusw.gif

xiaoxuetrade%5CPKUTXT351edhardy_wallet3034.jpg

2411fy8.jpg

correct.

Back