Investigation Wraps Up Next Week

celine

Proud Member
I guess we are getting closer and closer. I can't wait to see Dr. Murray go down for Michael's death.

Jackson Investigation Wraps Up Next Week

Posted Oct 7th 2009 1:10AM by TMZ Staff
michael_jackson_getty_52495017_ex.jpg
TMZ has learned the LAPD is on schedule to present the case against Dr. Conrad Murray to the L.A. County D.A.'s office next week.

As we first reported LAPD detectives planned to wrap up their case and present it by the second week in October. They were waiting on some written evaluations by medical professionals who reviewed the evidence surrounding Michael Jackson's death.

Our law enforcement sources say the medical reports are in and the LAPD plans to formally present the case to the D.A. next week.

Prosecutors have been working with the LAPD for months now, so it's not as if the evidence will be a surprise.

Sources say Dr. Murray is still the sole target.

One well-placed law enforcement source says there's a "70/30 chance" the D.A. will take the case to the L.A. County Grand Jury rather than charge Murray directly.

As one source said, this could be a complicated case and a lengthy preliminary hearing wouldn't have a whole lot of upside for prosecutors. A grand jury indictment would be easy to get and it would avoid a prelim.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0TE6eBdBV

FINALLY!

hopefully murray will be arrested soon, he knows what he did was criminal

Finally! I hope murray gets what he deserves!

i pray every single day
hope justice will be served!
get them all!!!!!

I also want to know about the possibility of a Grand Jury. Does this mean the case may not come before the Grand Jury for months? What is the process?

One well-placed law enforcement source says there's a "70/30 chance" the D.A. will take the case to the L.A. County Grand Jury rather than charge Murray directly.

As one source said, this could be a complicated case and a lengthy preliminary hearing wouldn't have a whole lot of upside for prosecutors. A grand jury indictment would be easy to get and it would avoid a prelim.
what does that mean? that we're going to have a trial? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these things

I have a lot of faith that wherever Michael is, he will make sure justice is served. He fought so hard for justice for himself, im SURE he will make sure it's done.

glad to see things are still ontrack.better be going for 2nd degree by negligence and conspiracy to cover it up though.

I also want to know about the possibility of a Grand Jury. Does this mean the case may not come before the Grand Jury for months? What is the process?

I googled the difference between a preliminary hearing and a Grand Jury. Both are used to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to have the defendant (Murray in this case) criminally tried. Hearsay is allowed and the prosecutors will only give part of the evidence open, because you want to keep the real nasty surprises for later ( so the defense won't know if there's more damning evidence that they can then prepare against). a Grand Jury has an extended jury similar like the one in the criminal trial. in the preliminary hearing the judge decides if they will proceed with a criminal trial. Preliminary hearings ( from what I gathered) take much longer usually than a Grand Jury. Also, the defendant or suspect will have to either plead guilty or not guilty.

I am wondering what he will be charged with - manslaughter or second degree murder. I am hoping second degree murder because that is easier ( or so I have read) to get a conviction on. Maximum punishment for second degree murder is 30 years in prison and there might be other charges as well.....

I hope I explained it correctly...

I googled the difference between a preliminary hearing and a Grand Jury. Both are used to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to have the defendant (Murray in this case) criminally tried. Hearsay is allowed and the prosecutors will only give part of the evidence open, because you want to keep the real nasty surprises for later ( so the defense won't know if there's more damning evidence that they can then prepare against). a Grand Jury has an extended jury similar like the one in the criminal trial. in the preliminary hearing the judge decides if they will proceed with a criminal trial. Preliminary hearings ( from what I gathered) take much longer usually than a Grand Jury. Also, the defendant or suspect will have to either plead guilty or not guilty.

I am wondering what he will be charged with - manslaughter or second degree murder. I am hoping second degree murder because that is easier ( or so I have read) to get a conviction on. Maximum punishment for second degree murder is 30 years in prison and there might be other charges as well.....

I hope I explained it correctly...

I hope for that too. I believe it was 2nd degree murder.

I'm assuming that the DA wants a Grand Jury because the charges will be second degree murder instead of manslaughter.

I HOPE.

I find it disturbing that TMZ has "law enforcement sources".

Back