Jay - Z blog on MJ songs: MJ sang on 'Girls, Girls, Girls' remix

HeavenCanWaitx3

Proud Member
I'm glad to see Jay-Z talking about MJ.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...el-I-knew-was-just-a-musician-who-loved-music

Jay-Z on all the MJ tributes: "I think it gave Michael a chance to be celebrated for the genius he was without all the other stuff in the way,” Jay-Z writes, “and I don’t know if that would ever have happened had he been alive.”

Jay-Z on the MJ he worked with: "He played a concert with me in New York, which was great. He got up and he walked out and the place went mental, guys were just grabbing their hats and throwing them like, 'Aiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!' After that, he did a song called ‘You Rock My World’, and I did a remix with him. Then he was on my song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, singing these background vocals and I didn’t even put his name on it. I remember him calling me and him just talking about, you know, ‘syncopation’ and musician stuff like that. The Michael Jackson I knew was just a musician who loved music."

Everyone loved to work with MJ.

that was nice only MJ can make ppl go crazy like that lol
oh and I never knew that he sung background vocals for "girls,girls,girls" thats amazing
thanks for posting :)

Last edited:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...el-I-knew-was-just-a-musician-who-loved-music

Jay-Z on all the MJ tributes: "I think it gave Michael a chance to be celebrated for the genius he was without all the other stuff in the way,” Jay-Z writes, “and I don’t know if that would ever have happened had he been alive.”

Jay-Z on the MJ he worked with: "He played a concert with me in New York, which was great. He got up and he walked out and the place went mental, guys were just grabbing their hats and throwing them like, 'Aiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!' After that, he did a song called ‘You Rock My World’, and I did a remix with him. Then he was on my song ‘Girls, Girls, Girls’, singing these background vocals and I didn’t even put his name on it. I remember him calling me and him just talking about, you know, ‘syncopation’ and musician stuff like that. The Michael Jackson I knew was just a musician who loved music."

nice guy, but so ignorant, i mean syncopation is such a basic principle, and top names in music today dont even know what this stuff is, which is why the industry is weak at the moment, or a factor to it at least

I love seeing mj appear with rappers..Just shows how every side of music respected him..Like at mtv awards..He shakes notorious big's hand..Greats with greats

Surely someone recorded better vid of mj on stage with jigga..Did he said ' I love you at the end?''

And was his voice sped up for the girls girls remix?mj LOVED the ladies lol

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always loved Jay z and hus music, but mike on girls girls girls? OH MY WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did mj sing those last few seconds of the remix..about too many girls out there etc? coooool lyrics lol

The version of Girls, Girls, Girls that was released doesn't have Michael's vocals on it but there was one that was recorded with Michael doing background vocals. The reason it wasn't released was because of legal issues apparently.

Jay Z is like Michael. Doing his own thing ! The legend to legend. I love how respectfull he is against Michael. Jay is great not like other rappers.

naa i thought that..i think he said he did yrmw which jay z rapped on..then he did girls girls

Never knew about the GGG remix with Mike.
I like Jay Z n everythin, but take sometime to search on youtube Jay Z swagga jacker. Pretty interesting tbh.

Damn, MJ did backing Girls, Girls, Girls? That is one of my favorite Jay-Z tracks. A bit poppy, but that was the point. I'd love to hear the version with MJ.

I think Mike liked rap music. Raekwon said on twitter shortly after his death that MJ visited Ghostface in the studio when he was recording the album Bulletproof Wallets.

The version of Girls, Girls, Girls that was released doesn't have Michael's vocals on it but there was one that was recorded with Michael doing background vocals. The reason it wasn't released was because of legal issues apparently.

aww, I got excited there for a sec :( I would love to hear Mike on the track.

Thanks for the link to youtube Bruce. So that's where those pics of Mike and jay came from...

Jay who??, sorry, he thinks he's the big deal, but is good to have a high self-esteem, isnt it??

Am i the only one who thinks it FAKE, you may say, well they altered his voice, not even like that, its fake, and that song is crappy as it can be, God, so cheap:smilerolleyes:, not Michael

Am i the only one who thinks it FAKE, you may say, well they altered his voice, not even like that, its fake, and that song is crappy as it can be, God, so cheap:smilerolleyes:, not Michael
the remix featuring Michael was NEVER RELEASED nor has it leaked, that was said earlier in the thread

I just know I've always loved Jay Z and this made my day!!!!!

I love Jay-Z, got a lot of respect for him. I wanna hear this remix!

Sorrry but u talking alot of sh*t. Jay -Z is VERY talented and is one of the best in his game .. rap industry. His a legend , like Michael. Respect.

Back