Interesting observation from Moonwalker

danae85

Proud Member
You guys have all seen Moonwalker, right? I was watching it late last night, and it struck me as odd that the bad guy's name was Frank Lideo! I mean, it cannot be a coincidence that it's that similar to Frank Dileo. Not only that, but the in the movie he also spells out his name, saying "make sure they get my name right, L-I-D-E-O, Frank Lideo." It's funny right?
According to Taraborreli M had not yet fired Frank when the movie was shot, and Taraborreli i think implies that the project had more to do with Frank than it had with Michael. It's weird. What do you guys think?

I don't know what to think, you know Frank is in Moonwalker also.
We can only speculate (which I don't like to do), but I think it was just a random fun thing they all did and Frank was with it.

This would be an interesting question for Frank :)

I think it was probably a joke. He liked to do things like that.

Haha, he probably just did it to tease Frank for fun. That was the impression I always got anyway.

I can imagine them laughing over it.

its in the trivia bit on imdb.com

The bad guy's name is "Frank Lideo". One of the film's executive producers is Frank DiLeo, Michael Jackson's long-time manager.

Yeah I always figured it was a joke played on Frank.

Michael never fired Dileo, he just never needed him after Bad Tour and Moonwalker. But they always remained good friends (and one that doesn't sell stories to the media).

In the movie, I think in Speed Demon Michael or the rabbit goes to a fast food restaurant, it's also called "Frank in a box" instead of..is it.. "Jack in a box"..
Don't know if there are other "hidden frankies"..

^^^That Frank In The Box has Frank Dileo on top of it.

And, yes, Michael did fire Frank after the end of the BAD era. He never denied he was fired, but reasons were never given officially.

Back