15. This Is It
16. This Is It (Orchestra Version)

Disc 02
1. She’s Out Of My Life (Demo)
2. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Demo)
3. Beat It (Demo)
4. Planet Earth (Poem)

Four tracks... for a whole disc?

This is a joke. seriously? i figured they were going to try and screw with us (and give us a few "unreleased" tracks we already had... but to make a second disc with 4 tracks only? This HONESTLY must be a joke.

I never expected my idea of releasing a few new tracks for every compilation but this is redonk.

Full press release:
At the stroke of 12 a.m. (midnight) EST on October 12th, a never-before released song from Michael Jackson - a single entitled "This Is It" - will be unveiled to the world on www.MichaelJackson.com. "This Is It,” a brand new song, marks yet another exciting moment in music history for one of the world’s most revered artists; featuring backing vocals by Michael’s brothers The Jacksons, the song plays during the closing sequence of Sony Pictures' forthcoming film MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT and is on the 2-disc CD set Michael Jackson's This Is It, which is the stand-alone companion to the motion picture. The single artwork - a new photo of Michael taken recently at his Staples Center rehearsals - will also be disclosed.

Later this month, Sony Music Entertainment's Columbia/Epic Label Group will release the two-disc album Michael Jackson's This Is It internationally on October 26th and North America on October 27th to coincide with the worldwide release of the motion picture, which arrives in theaters on October 28th and runs for a limited two-week engagement.

Disc one features the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits such as "Billie Jean," "Smooth Criminal," "Human Nature," and "Thriller" arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film. The disc ends with two versions of "This Is It," the original and an orchestral version. "This Is It" is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.

Disc two offers fans a rare listen to the early demo versions of classics "She's Out Of My Life," "Wanna Be Startin'," "Somethin'," and "Beat It." This disc also features a recently discovered spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth."

Michael Jackson's This Is It also includes a 36-page, commemorative booklet featuring exclusive photos of Michael from his last rehearsal.

THIS IS IT – COMPLETE TRACKLISTING

Disc 01
1. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
2. Jam
3. They Don’t Care About Us
4. Human Nature
5. Smooth Criminal
6. The Way You Make Me Feel
7. Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
8. I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
9. Thriller
10. Beat It
11. Black Or White
12. Earth Song
13. Billie Jean
14. Man In The Mirror
15. This Is It
16. This Is It (Orchestra Version)

Disc 02
1. She’s Out Of My Life (Demo)
2. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (Demo)
3. Beat It (Demo)
4. Planet Earth (Poem)

The motion picture MICHAEL JACKSON’S THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from March through June, 2009, the film is drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Kenny Ortega, who was both Michael Jackson's creative partner and the director of the stage show, is also directing the film, which is being produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. For more information about the film please visit www.thisisit-movie.com.

Gotta love sony!

I haven't bought any of the greatest hits packages so I might buy this album.... But I probably won't. Mike supposedly left all these unheard songs and we get demos? I'm disapponted to say the least

disappointed with the album.

now I don't know If I'm buying or not, man I really want to see Mike #1 but this wtf c'mon Sony u can still earn money, even more $$$ if u give us, fans, a bunch of other 'unreleased' songs....

now this is 'cashing in'!!!!

...I'm really buying it for the 36-page TII rehearsals pics booklet.

A 4-track second CD really is surprising and disappointing... I feel 8 would have been a decent minimum.

im just praying that, wen the album comes out, this was just a teaser and we get a full cd2, unlikely, but 3 demos and a poem? must be a joke.

yeah well if the 4 track second disc is any indication the "booklet" could end up being a P.O.S. aswell.

SERIOUSLY! 4 tracks? what a waste of a disc. i mean if it was hybrid and had videos and stuff i can understand... but why even bother?

Definately NOT buying. Sony's completely *cough* ripping *cough* fans *cough* off.
I'll get the 'This is it' song one way or the other, though...

that or the poem is actually 45 minutes long :p

christ the BEATLES had more material on their album re-releases than this!

The booklet is the only good thing.

Man, we're really pathetic as music lovers and MJ fans now if we're reduced to saying, "well, it's just a freakin' greatest hits package with a 3/4 empty second CD, but at least we're getting a new BOOKLET"...

We're all free to do what we want with our money, but if we keep supporting Sony when they put out such insulting products, that's what they'll keep doing forever. Boycott this crap, and don't worry about the estate : they're rich enough, and they'll get plenty of money from better MJ products, including -- hopefully -- the movie itself.

If you take a look at the first cd. it has the same tracks as the poll on the site www.thisisitpoll.com so it might be a live cd?

NO live recordings on the CD! studio versions/edits only

that or the poem is actually 45 minutes long :p

christ the BEATLES had more material on their album re-releases than this!

here are the track times of DISC 2

01 She's Out Of My Life (Demo Recording) - 3:19 min
02 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Demo Recording) - 5:43 min
03 Beat It (Demo Take) - 2:03 min
04 Planet Earth (Spoken Poem) - 3:13 min

unreleased material will be released over the course of the following years, you have to stick with that.
look at the Beatles and Elvis: companies are not crazy enough to release a bunch of rarities at once and then having nothing left to sell ;)

Last edited:
Man, we're really pathetic as music lovers and MJ fans now if we're reduced to saying, "well, it's just a freakin' greatest hits package with a 3/4 empty second CD, but at least we're getting a new BOOKLET"...

Oh man... this made me laugh out loud... :lol: sigh..

unreleased material will be released over the course of the following years, you have to stick with that.
look at the Beatles and Elvis, the companies are not crazy enough to release a bunch of rarities once and then having nothing left to sell ;)

Well they could at least give us something...

This is just flat out dumb.

They are awful businessmen, there are so many other ways they could have gone about this that would have made everyone happy and made them INSANE amounts of money.

You'd think a money hungry corporation would actually know how to make money.

Well they could at least give us something...

and that's what they did: 6 tracks

fans have to realize that their expectations were way too high
we'll also see more tracks in 2010/2011, so that's pretty much okay at the moment
it hasn't passed much time since he's gone, only 3 months, remember that ;)

and that's what they did: 6 tracks

fans have to realize that their expectations were way too high
we'll also see more tracks in 2010/2011, so that's pretty much okay at the moment
it hasn't passed much time since he's gone, only 3 months, remember that ;)

Yeah well, it's been 8 years since we got new music...

hahaha laughed out loud when I read that!!

wahoo a new booklet!

Man, we're really pathetic as music lovers and MJ fans now if we're reduced to saying, "well, it's just a freakin' greatest hits package with a 3/4 empty second CD, but at least we're getting a new BOOKLET"....

This is just flat out dumb.

They are awful businessmen, there are so many other ways they could have gone about this that would have made everyone happy and made them INSANE amounts of money.

You'd think a money hungry corporation would actually know how to make money.

they actually know it. you just haven't realized it yet:
they're making lots of money right now, they would NOT make more money if they let the cat out of the bag right now
they need to make sure they have profitable income from future releases, and that's why they will release unreleased tracks from time to time, but not many at once ;)

Back