MJIFC members from back in the day: unite!

Dutchie

Guests
Hey everyone,

Do you remember the time where there were no MJ forums, just the looooooooooooooong MJIFC Digest emails?

Do you remember the MJIFC Chatroom?

To make a long story short: are there any of you who used to be members of Michael's biggest online fanclub; the MJIFC (Michael Jackson Internet Fanclub)?

If you were a member, please post here and state your MJIFC Chatroom nickname. I would love to see how many of you are here!! :)

I'll start:

I was a member, and my nicknames in the chatroom were "MJs Feet" and later I was "Dutchie".

Anyone else?

I used Janena, Guinan and african woman most of the times...

I am still in touch with some of the people from back then, those were the times *sigh*...
I actually met a lot of the chatters in 1999 during Mj and frinds as well, great memories :).

I have a march-2008 topic running here about the MJIFC, that brings back great memories as well:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48469

I remember it and i miss those times so much!

In MJIFC i met wonderful people,and most of them are now close friends that i love dearly,and i always will,not to mention the fact that i discovered love there as well.

my nickname was the same i have here...my real name...mariajoaosilva

Yeah, I remember that place, it was awesome. The "chat" was really basic, as the Internet was still relatively young when it appeared; in retrospect it was probably more like a message board w/ posting comments and then hitting refresh to see the new posts lol! I really missed that place and communicating w/ fans, so eventually I returned here; in the mid-term I had used AOL's MJ Chatroom, and then mostly stopped using the Internet until I came back here.

I liked the 'real time' of the MJIFC chat over message boards, and everywhere after, it seemed except AOL went to message board; I did find a few MJ chats after the MJIFC, but they were always empty. Nowadays chat is so seldom used, I'm more comfortable w/ message board lol.

Man, thinking back, I really miss those days. When I 1st started using it, MJ was on the HIStory tour and just released BotDF, and the last few singles from HIStory were SIM, Earth Song (not in the US), TDCAU, and HIStory (not in the US); it really frustrated me that those great songs weren't either released in the US or didn't chart higher. I'm not even a fan of remixes, but I'd buy every version of every single, even the imports. Then I remember speculating w/ fans when/if Smile and This Time Around would be released, and then they just ultimately 'leaked' out or something as extremely collectible singles. . . . At the time I was disappointed and frustrated that the public didn't recognize the genius of work like SIM, the new songs from BotDF, Ghosts, but WOW, what an awesome era to be an MJ fan and part of a fan community!

I was a big insomniac, so that place kept me entertained for a lot of sleepless nights. Fun times! Long live the MJIFC! Food fights forever!

i used mjifc chat. i think i just used my name rebecca in there. good times, and i met my boyfriend there :)

upupup...i wonder if i'll find more people that i used to talk to then...

Sometimes it seems that it happened so long ago....

Wow, I remember. I loved that chat, it was always busy. I think my name was just Linda, not sure. Also MJ EZboards (or something) was such a cool place to hang out.

We should create a chat where we,the good and old MJIFC could reunite.
Back than it was all so different...so good...I miss those times so much...
spread the word to all the fans that used to be in the MJIFC,so this can work.

Of course I remember! I was Billiejean20 on there, if anyone knows what happened to Voyager let me know, i'm still looking for my friend :)

I was toenail. I practically lived in there morning, noon & night from August-November 2001. I used to chat to Gemzee, HighPostLady, MattyJam, Everychild, loads of people.

The foodfights were the best! I actually cried with laughter!

DrDreFSure was probably my least favourite member!

I totally remember that site. Especially since it was one of the very first MJ sites that I join. I don't remember my username though. But it might have been Kingofhearts829. Since that was like one of the first usernames that I had ever used. Only my photobucket account is where I still used that username. The chat room I don't know if I remember ever using that or not. But I do remember there was like a huge list of MJ sites to go in to at the time. And I remember of always having trouble of trying to decide what MJ site to go in to first.

Yes I was a member on MJIFC... and during some terrifying circumstances, please read my topic about it ( http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/125391-Opening-my-heart!-(PLEASE-READ) )I used to have like 10-20 different names on there but the most memorable names had to be CindyMJJ, PrincessMichael, VivaDiva and Labomba... just as when the chat was about to close down I only used CindyJ I think.... *shakes head and sighs*

It bugs me that I can't remember my old usernames..

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I was on there ALL THE TIME lol, can't remember my user name though.... Goodness, this must've been around 1998? 1999???? For me at least lol, my first teenage forays into the internet were MJ-related, go figure lol. :heart:

^^ WOW, I remember you!!! I wonder where all lost souls went when it closed ... hehe, some of them (I think) went over to MJNI right?? What happened to MJNI btw?

You know this website called archive.org? If you remember the address to the chat you can log on to the site and check whats left of the MJIFC chat...
Does anyone remember the address?

Is this the same Fan club that was run by Brian? I thought it was called the Michael Jackson Internet Fan club or Michael Jackson international fan club? I'm so confused to be honest. It was so many moons ago. I was apart of a group of ladies called MJsBunnies. I do hope I'm in the right place. =)

Is this the same Fan club that was run by Brian? I thought it was called the Michael Jackson Internet Fan club or Michael Jackson international fan club? I'm so confused to be honest. It was so many moons ago. I was apart of a group of ladies called MJsBunnies. I do hope I'm in the right place. =)

I was a member at MJIFC, but I was a member for 7 months and I left there last year for my friend's sake and never went back there ever again.

I was a member at MJIFC, but I was a member for 7 months and I left there last year for my friend's sake and never went back there ever again.
This is not possible, you must be talking about a different fanclub. MJIFC was unfortunately terminated in 2000.

This is not possible, you must be talking about a different fanclub. MJIFC was unfortunately terminated in 2000.

Dutchie, I think it was revived and then closed down again....
closed.jpg

I'd joined it again too about a year or so ago when I was in a nostalgic frenzy lol. I didn't care for the interface of the site, seemed kinda chaotic; not to mention it made my laptop run really slow. I eventually stopped going in there altogether. :unsure:

What? You mean tell that MJIFC I went to was the different MJIFC? I'll be darned. I joined there since February or March 2012, until early last year things went unpleasant there.

I was septembermoon on that site and I loved going on there to read the fanfiction even making my own fics on there as well :) :) back when I was doing the PennFoster High School program back then, I would stay up while my folks would be asleep to read until 3 or 4 am lol! Up until sometime back in 2014, I was a member on there I think from back sometime in 2011.

OMG DUTCHIE……..!!!!!! Do I remember the MJIFC chat??!!!! As if I could forget!! I used to LIVE there!!! 😂😂😂😂😂 My user name was the same as now: summer. Remember Marjo and PapaBear ? I met them (and soooo many others!!) in Munich during MJ & Friends in 1999!! I remember KellyH who was SO FUNNY that I was literally crying with laughter and almost peed in my pants from laughing every single time she was there!! 😂😂 And Jar Jar and AgentVamp and Minnie and RisingStar and MichaelRadio and of course PoP and so many others!!! IanC was such a nice guy and such a good friend, we used to talk on the phone often. We sadly lost contact…Isn if you’re on here, send me a message!!! I still have the card you sent me!! Oh and Ana (Carrot!!!🥕😂😂) …I still have the card she sent me also!! I think I’ve either met in person or talked on the phone or written snail mail letters with almost all of the people that I used to chat with the most. 🤔 And that’s one of the things I really have missed after Michael died….meeting people from all over the world and hanging out with all the fans at Michael’s hotel and having a good time together. Those are some of my favorite memories! ❤️

OMG DUTCHIE……..!!!!!! Do I remember the MJIFC chat??!!!! As if I could forget!! I used to LIVE there!!! 😂😂😂😂😂 My user name was the same as now: summer. Remember Marjo and PapaBear ? I met them (and soooo many others!!) in Munich during MJ & Friends in 1999!! I remember KellyH who was SO FUNNY that I was literally crying with laughter and almost peed in my pants from laughing every single time she was there!! 😂😂 And Jar Jar and AgentVamp and Minnie and RisingStar and MichaelRadio and of course PoP and so many others!!! IanC was such a nice guy and such a good friend, we used to talk on the phone often. We sadly lost contact…Isn if you’re on here, send me a message!!! I still have the card you sent me!! Oh and Ana (Carrot!!!🥕😂😂) …I still have the card she sent me also!! I think I’ve either met in person or talked on the phone or written snail mail letters with almost all of the people that I used to chat with the most. 🤔 And that’s one of the things I really have missed after Michael died….meeting people from all over the world and hanging out with all the fans at Michael’s hotel and having a good time together. Those are some of my favorite memories! ❤️
OMG i remember you Summer and Marjo, papaBear ... i used to have the same nickname ... this thread brought back a lot of memories

My original handle was Morphine Lover, but I switch it to the handle I use today, Prince Of Pop. :D

Back