Auction Yesturday: Michael Jackson Not Voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in High School Yearbook

starlightdancer

Proud Member
Auction Yesturday: Michael Jackson Not Voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in High School Yearbook

szuas2.jpg

Michael Jackson might have been the "most creative" and "best dressed" ... but he wasn't the "most likely to succeed" -- at least according to his high school classmates.

An auction of MJ memorabilia took place yesterday in L.A., including his 1976 high school yearbook from Cal Prep in Encino, CA. In the yearbook, Michael was voted pretty much what everyone would have expected -- best dressed, most creative, shyest -- but NOT most likely to succeed.

That honor was reserved for one Scott Ashdown -- who's probably a perfectly nice person, but we've never heard of him.

Even though success is relative and money isn't everything -- can we get a recount for MJ?

source: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/10/michael-jackson-not-most-likely-to-succeed

Re: Auction Yesturday: Michael Jackson Not Voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in High School Yearbook

heehee guess they were wrong

Re: Auction Yesturday: Michael Jackson Not Voted "Most Likely to Succeed" in High School Yearbook

Most likely to succeed?

He already was a success in his childhood & teen years so awarding him "most likely to succeed" is redundant.

Love it that he's voted "most creative & shyest!"

What about the "Most likely to UNF the world" (see my siggy for details)

Most likely to succeed?

He already was a success in his childhood & teen years so awarding him "most likely to succeed" is redundant.

Love it that he's voted "most creative & shyest!"

What about the "Most likely to UNF the world" (see my siggy for details)

:hysterical:

Awwww what a sweetie!

thats Just great, Michael Jackson, Most Creative, Shyest and Best Dressed. Brilliant something we all new all along, and now we see even his Classmates saw it back then :D

"not most likely to Succeed":blink:
[size=+2]epic fail[/size] :lol:

"not most likely to Succeed":blink:
[size=+2]epic fail[/size] :lol:

:lmao:.....yeah I agree!!!

szuas2.jpg

Michael Jackson might have been the "most creative" and "best dressed" ... but he wasn't the "most likely to succeed" -- at least according to his high school classmates.

An auction of MJ memorabilia took place yesterday in L.A., including his 1976 high school yearbook from Cal Prep in Encino, CA. In the yearbook, Michael was voted pretty much what everyone would have expected -- best dressed, most creative, shyest -- but NOT most likely to succeed.

That honor was reserved for one Scott Ashdown -- who's probably a perfectly nice person, but we've never heard of him.

Even though success is relative and money isn't everything -- can we get a recount for MJ?

source: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/10/michael-jackson-not-most-likely-to-succeed

LMFAO!!! "Not Most Likely to Succeed"?! I bet all the people who voted for that are sh*tting their pants right now! :hysterical:

Why didn't he get BEST HAIR.... Afro=EPIC

He was voted the shyest, thats both beautiful and tender, how can one not love him???, he was a superstar by then and he was shy, wow, what a boy that Michael Jackson, he was unique, oh its cool he was voted the best dressed and Most creative, we all know that:yes:

Michael never really talked about his high school years. I wonder how much time he actually spent there considering he had a tutor most of the time on the road with him.

That yearbook pic is so damn adorable. :wub:

Last edited:

szuas2.jpg

For Crying out Loud!! They didn't vote him "Most Musical" either??

aww, he is the cutest ever, my goodness. I can just see myself being totally and utterly in love with him if I were around his age during that time!!

and, awww, best dressed? Of course, man have some style!

wow..in a land that calls themself most advanced, they don't see a beatlesque success story the most likely to succeed? next time i hear a commercial here about how to succeed, i'll be sure not to listen to it.

I see Randy's picture is underneath him, but since Randy is a bit younger I don't know how they attended high school at the same time. Maybe Marlon, but not Randy.

I swear, once certain people get into high school, it's like all previous thought and logic are thrown out the window. No kidding.

I swear, once certain people get into high school, it's like all previous thought and logic are thrown out the window. No kidding.
Well this was around the mid 70s when the Jacksons' popularity had died off and they weren't selling much.

Well this was around the mid 70s when the Jacksons' popularity had died off and they weren't selling much.

Yeah, and people have damned short attention spans!! For crying out loud...it was only a few years before that they were tops on the charts!! Everyone knew who they were and who Michael was...??

you gotta be kidding me, right? even if that was the only success, there is no failure that can match it. and there wasn't much time that passed before the second leg of their success. there simply is no excuse for the thinking of those who did the voting.

But uhm, he had succeed, so...he didn't really needed to be voted for that?
That's how I read the whole thing LOL

Best dressed; YAY!

Well, you're not going to vote someone who has already succeeded - Most Likely To Succeed. Seems a bit pointless. :lol:

Well, you're not going to vote someone who has already succeeded - Most Likely To Succeed. Seems a bit pointless. :lol:

Yep!! Can't argue with that!! LOL!! :lol: :rofl:

you gotta be kidding me, right? even if that was the only success, there is no failure that can match it. and there wasn't much time that passed before the second leg of their success. there simply is no excuse for the thinking of those who did the voting.
What happened in the past has nothing to do with future success. If that's the case, acts like the Bay City Rollers, Vanilla Ice, and Bobby Sherman would still be popular today. At the time the family was doing Vegas, which wasn't considered cool like it is today. It was for has been acts like Elvis & Wayne Newton or oldies like The Coasters. Then the Jacksons did a variety show, which was also for has been acts. You didn't see Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles or Led Zepplin with a variety program. You have to look at the entire environment of the time, not looking at it from a modern perspective or hindsight.

What happened in the past has nothing to do with future success. If that's the case, acts like the Bay City Rollers, Vanilla Ice, and Bobby Sherman would still be popular today. At the time the family was doing Vegas, which wasn't considered cool like it is today. It was for has been acts like Elvis & Wayne Newton or oldies like The Coasters. Then the Jacksons did a variety show, which was also for has been acts. You didn't see Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles or Led Zepplin with a variety program. You have to look at the entire environment of the time, not looking at it from a modern perspective or hindsight.

even doing a vegas act is success. i still don't see a convincing argument here. if you are a past success, like the Bay City Rollers, it's still too late to call them a failure, even if they are no longer popular, because they were already a success. even a one hit wonder, for only one time in life, is a success, let alone MJ's success. so..my feeling is, a 'never satisfied, never successful' is apparent here. perhaps, those who voted, are not successful because of their state of mind. but anyway..you know what? it's not smart for a person to listen to voices outside themselves. they should listen within.

Last edited:

lol, and he became the most successful artist/entertainer ever! :D

Back