'THIS IS IT' - exactly same as "I NEVER HEARD" sang by Safire in 1991?

mftx5kt3

Proud Member
i know some of you will hate me for this post, but honestly, i think this whole THIS IS IT - NEW SINGLE thing is one big joke...

Yes, commercially, Sony will be able to rip lots of money of us die hard Michael Jackson fans. But as some of you have said, taking a song, which was originally named 'I NEVER HEARD' written for Safire in 1991, changing to be called THIS IS IT (because he starts with them), is not something Michael would have wanted.

THIS IS NOT what Michael would have wanted us to hear. The song is no way in its finished statues. Backing vocals by brothers were most likely done after his death.

I did a cover of the song and people thought i was making it up because the song was 'never released' before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hiAK3N_IU

but it's the same... (except for a few lyrics change...)

Last edited:
I know, Sony really sucks here, but I have to say I'm happy hearing Michael's voice.

But I'm very angry at Sony for that cheap shot.

I start to think that Sony chose to not release it as a single because they knew we would be mad at them and not buying it and wait for the album to come out. *maybe they are more clever than I think..oooh*

It also pisses me off, but well... we still all gathered here and crashed Mj's site to hear it even if we knew it was no way a NEW song ....

Yes I listened to it since it's out, that doesn,t mean I can't be angry at Sony for doing a quick cash in with an old song just because it says This is it in it.

i listened to it one hour ago and i have to say, that the song really absolutely doesnt sound finished, it just sounds like a demo or something.

and yes, its almost exactly the same like the one from safire. sucks big time

Well, I'll say it like this. I was aware that there was a song that sounded exactly like the MJ version before I listened to the MJ version, but I went ahead and listened to Michael before I finally listened to Safire's version. I'm glad I did. I think Michael's version is way better, but I'm glad I downloaded it and didn't buy the album, because I'm pretty sure I have those demos that Sony is gonna release on that album.

So if I had paid to listened to this song, I'd be pissed, but since I didn't, I'm not. Go Michael, I love you.

OMG how stupid! I had no idea this song existed! There are so many other songs out there that we fans have heard which are unreleased which are better than this song and many which sound closer to being finished. It is so obvious that this was a very rough demo MJ recorded. He would hate it that we have all heard it.

Who's calling him a stealer? I thought he wrote the song with Paul Anka?

he did. He probably wrote this song in the late 70s/early 80s, recorded a demo back then, never found a place for it on his own albums and finally let it be recorded by someone else in 1991, Safire.

It is not the same as the YANA situation, although stupid media will twist it to make it seem like that (when they get a hold of this story). The difference from that is that Mike wrote the song there.

I would love to see some unreleased songs that are complete or close to compete make it to an album.

It is not the same as the YANA situation, although stupid media will twist it to make it seem like that (when they get a hold of this story). The difference from that is that Mike wrote the song there.

I would love to see some unreleased songs that are complete or close to compete make it to an album.

I heard that MJs plan was to release a NEW album after the O2 arena concerts with new material in 2010.

can some one explain to me how michael could have used something from the 1990's when his song came from the 80's? Cuz im not understanding???

I'd like to hear MJ's version with the funky 80's pop music, as opposed to the soulful ballad orchestration... Yes Safire's version sounds dated, but that is funky!! lol.

And before the TII situation, I had never heard of either Safire or herr take on this song.

ok maybe I was reading to fast on the first few post. Cuz I was thinking peeps where saying michael bit off of someone else song. When thats not the case. Michael wrote it, did a demo and then later on someone else recorded and released the song. Thread Title is misleading imo. makes ppl think michael bit off of safire.

If you don't feel justified with the what we got you know who to write to. SEND them an e-mail, Bitch to them. Michael sounds fab no matter what. i wish the song was this yea or even last year vocals but we get what we get. its sad that no one is ever satisfied with what we get here. Its like we get diamonds and rubies and you all find flaws in them just to find them. Just be happy we got ANYTHING.

Thanks alot Sony.. Assholes.. This was supposed to be Michaels moment.. Now we find out this is the same song as released by some artist in 1991...

i know some of you will hate me for this post, but honestly, i think this whole THIS IS IT - NEW SINGLE thing is one big joke...

Yes, commercially, Sony will be able to rip lots of money of us die hard Michael Jackson fans. But as some of you have said, taking a song, which was originally named 'I NEVER HEARD' written for Safire in 1991, changing to be called THIS IS IT (because he starts with them), is not something Michael would have wanted.

THIS IS NOT what Michael would have wanted us to hear. The song is no way in its finished statues. Backing vocals by brothers were most likely done after his death.

I did a cover of the song and people thought i was making it up because the song was 'never released' before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hiAK3N_IU

but it's the same... (except for a few lyrics change...)
I LOVE you for this post! :) I'm incredibly pissed off! It makes perfect sense, they found a subpar song from 20 years ago of his that happened to start out with 'this is it' and thought BINGO -- let's rename and this will perfectly look like it one of mjs last works as it coincides with the THIS IS IT tour! $$$$$

It is so obvious that this was a very rough demo MJ recorded. He would hate it that we have all heard it.

So you've never heard In The Back or Fall Again or Beautiful Girl, then??

Well, I like it, so...

Screw-You-Guys--C11755105.jpeg

Am I a bad fan since I like Safire's version better? *ducks and hides*
Their sound mixing is much better. The good thing with the MJ version is MJ's vocals. Too bad Sony did this...
I wonder if there will be remixes in the future combining the MJ vocals with Safire's version...? Fans would do a better job in remixing and polishing this track... Shame...

Last edited:
Back