Daily News - October 12, 2009

MsSnoop

Proud Member
The big news for the day is.... "This is It" single released -

thoughts? Sounded a bit 'old school' - just wish MJ was here to release it....​

HEAR IT: New Michael Jackson single, "This Is It"

Michael Jackson's "This Is It," the new single and title track from the late King of Pop's upcoming documentary and soundtrack, hit the Internet and radio this morning and is a sweet throwback to his simpler times.
Featuring backing vocals from his brothers, sweeping strings and an easy groove, the midtempo "This Is It" is in the style of the ballads from his "Dangerous" era, especially "Will You Be There" and "Heal the World." He sounds peaceful as he croons, "This is it, here I stand/I'm the light of the world, I feel grand."

"This Is It," which is set for the documentary's credits, launches the promotion of the two-CD soundtrack, which arrives Oct. 27, the day before the documentary begins a special two-week run in movie theaters. Both will cover the preparation behind Jackson's comeback tour that was to begin in London in July.

Jackson died in his Los Angeles home in June of a cardiac arrest, which the Los Angeles County coroner has ruled as a homicide. He was 50.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...w-michael-jackson-single-this-is-it-1.1517827

***********************************​

Michael Jackson's Editor Takes Us Inside The Reissued Bio 'Moonwalk'

MTV.com - Eric Ditzian -
In the months since Michael Jackson's death, most everyone connected to the King of Pop — as well as those that never met him but loved his ...

Win tickets to the UK Premier of “MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT”

Tamworth Blog (blog) - Odeon Cinemas are giving you the chance to win a pair of tickets to the UK premiere of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'* by simply joining the Odeon Premiére ...

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1985 - Diana Ross' single "Eaten Alive" hit #77 in the U.S. The song was co-written, co-produced and co-vocalized with Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb.​

diana-ross-and-michael-jackson2.jpg

1999 - Michael Jackson's "History: Past, Present & Future Book 1" was certified 7 times Platinum.​

2004 - In an interview with Steve Harvey, Michael Jackson said that he was angry over the depiction of him in Eminem's video for the song "Just Lose It."​

2009 - A never-before released song from Michael Jackson, a single entitled "This Is It", was unveiled to the world on MichaelJackson.com
.​

Michael-Jacksons-This-Is--001.jpg

Liam Gallagher: 'Michael Jackson Was A Bit Of A Nut Job'

Ex-Oasis singer claims...

Liam Gallagher has described Michael Jackson as “a bit of a nut job”, but acknowledged the late singer's musical legacy.

The former Oasis frontman made the comments in an interview with the Daily Mail.

“He was genius, without a doubt. Not my kind of music, though,” Gallagher said. “I preferred him when he was in the Jackson Five but then he turned into a bit of a nut job.”

The singer said Jackson's demise was “always on the cards”.

“Anyone who has their own fairground in the back garden has to go nuts,” he added. “I have a couple of trees and a garden shed so it keeps me well on the ground.”

Jackson died at the age of 50 in Los Angeles in June. His death has been ruled as homicide.

Meanwhile, Gallagher also used the interview to again speak out about Oasis' split.

The singer said he was “gutted” about the separation, adding: “I love being in Oasis. When I'm ready, you will hear my side of the story."

Last week, the singer told the Times newspaper that the Manchester band were “no longer” following his brother Noel's shock departure in August.

Liam Gallagher is currently promoting the latest line from his fashion label Pretty Green.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/52883/Liam-Gallagher-'Michael-Jackson-Was-A-Bit-Of-A-Nut-Job'

at first i was like:bugeyed, but then i get what he meant

Liam Gallagher has described Michael Jackson as “a bit of a nut job”, but acknowledged the late singer's musical legacy./QUOTE]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Liam Gallagher needs to be institutionalized in an anger management psych ward and he calls MJ a "nut job?"

Liam Gallagher has described Michael Jackson as “a bit of a nut job”, but acknowledged the late singer's musical legacy./QUOTE]

Liam Gallagher needs to be institutionalized in an anger management psych ward and he calls MJ a "nut job?"

He does acknowledges Michael's genius, even its not his style(he had to clearfy that cause he's such a genius himself:rofl::bugeyed), but i think Liam its a nut himself, who knows how HE will end up, i wish him well, so to robbie williams, they are almost the same, arent they??:rofl: hahaha:wild::wild:

Janet Jackson giving payback to Jay Leno over Michael Jackson?

janet_jackson.jpg

It's been a rough couple of weeks for Jay Leno.

Amidst sinking ratings on The Jay Leno Show and other networks discouraging their stars from appearing on Jay Leno's prime time talk show experiment, there are rumors that Janet Jackson has rejected an invite to appear this month on Jay Leno as the former Tonight Show host was believed to be interested in paying tribute to Michael Jackson when "This Is It" hits theaters October 28th.

Although some sources at NBC say Janet Jackson is avoiding Jay Leno like the plague in order to pay him back for years of jokes at her brother Michael Jackson's expense, Janet was more than hapy, however, to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2004 (see video below).

Although NBC has not yet confirmed any plans for The Jay Leno Show to present a themed program surrounding Michael Jackson's "This Is It," those close to Jay Leno say the comedian is eager to pay respect to the late King of Pop and there is now a rapidly closing window of opportunity to achieve this.

http://www.examiner.com/x-23871-Jay...ving-payback-to-Jay-Leno-over-Michael-Jackson

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/*****_this_is_really_big_CTx1NRrf8iyPvMih6OuNuO

Great article from New York Post.
Last Updated: 11:49 AM, October 12, 2009

AT THE stroke of midnight this morning, more than three months after the death of Michael Jackson, the title track to the "This Is It" documentary hit the Web at MichaelJackson.com -- and the song is such a whopper, it could become the biggest-selling single of all time

"This Is It" is an optimistic, R&B ballad with an upbeat, percolating rhythm that has all the bombast and power of his New Jack Swing period of the early '90s.

That makes plenty of sense. The song was originally recorded, but didn't make the cut, for Jackson's 1991 album, "Dangerous."

This remastered version, which appears in the final scenes of the documentary, is updated with newly recorded backing vocals featuring Michael's brothers.

When the King of Pop starts to sing, there's a hint of whisper in his voice.

"This is it, here I stand, I'm gonna light up the world, I feel grand."

Gentle, yes, but the familiar and creepy little-boy voice was left in the playground.

If this free taste is the kind of song that Michael was working on for the 50 London concerts, you start to believe that had Jackson not died, he might may have enjoyed an artistic renaissance.

This song is part of a two-disc set due Oct. 27.

Michael Jackson's Memoir, 'Moonwalk': Read Exclusive Excerpts!

'The way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself,' MJ wrote in 1988 book.

281x211.jpg

In 1983, while Michael Jackson was making the epic music video for "Thriller," two editors at Doubleday approached the King of Pop about writing his memoirs. Five years later, while he was in the midst of his Bad world tour, the autobiography, called "Moonwalk," finally hit bookshelves.

It almost never did. Shortly before it was to go to press, Jackson hesitated, fearful that in his quest to clear up all the rumors about his life, he had revealed too much. In the end, though, he allowed publication to proceed, and the book became a best-seller. A reissued "Moonwalk" comes out on Tuesday, and MTV News has obtained excerpts from the book, in which Jackson offers his frank thoughts on plastic surgery, drugs, depression, being abused as a child and more.

On his relationship with his father "He'd sit at home with us every day after school and rehearse us. We'd perform for him and he'd critique us. If you messed up, you got hit, sometimes with a belt, sometimes with a switch. My father was real strict with us — real strict. ... Dad would make me so mad and hurt that I'd try to get back at him and get beaten all the more. I'd take a shoe and throw it at him, or I'd just fight back, swinging my fists. That's why I got it more than all my brothers combined. I would fight back and my father would kill me, just tear me up."

On coping with fame, loneliness and depression "Many girls want to know what makes me tick — why I live the way I live or do the things I do — trying to get inside my head. They want to rescue me from loneliness, but they do it in such a way that they give me the impression they want to share my loneliness, which I wouldn't wish on anybody, because I believe I'm one of the loneliest people in the world. ... Success definitely brings on loneliness. It's true. People think you're lucky, that you have everything. They think you can go anywhere and do anything, but that's not the point. One hungers for the basic stuff. I've learned to cope better with these things now and I don't get nearly as depressed as I used to."

On plastic surgery "I'd like to set the record straight right now. I have never had my cheeks altered or my eyes altered. I have not had my lips thinned, nor have I had dermabrasion or a skin peel. All of these charges are ridiculous. If they were true, I would say so, but they aren't. I have had my nose altered twice and I recently added a cleft to my chin, but that is it. Period. I don't care what anyone else says — it's my face and I know it. ... They say I've had my eyes widened, that I want to look more white. More white? What kind of statement is that? I didn't invent plastic surgery. It's been around for a long time. A lot of very fine, very nice people have had plastic surgery."

On not taking drugs "I myself have never tried drugs — no marijuana, no cocaine, nothing. I mean, I haven't even tried these things. Forget it. This isn't to say we were never tempted. We were musicians doing business during an era when drug use was common. I don't mean to be judgmental — it's not even a moral issue for me — but I've seen drugs destroy too many lives to think they're anything to fool with."

On marrying and having children "I believe in relationships. One day I know I'll find the right woman and get married myself. I often look forward to having children; in fact, it would be nice to have a big family, since I come from such a large one myself. In my fantasy about having a large family, I imagine myself with 13 children."

On spending time with children "That's what I love about being with kids. They notice everything. They aren't jaded. They get excited by things we've forgotten to get excited about anymore. They are so natural too, so un-self-conscious. I love being around them. There always seems to be a bunch of kids over at the house and they're always welcome. They energize me — just being around them. They look at everything with such fresh eyes, such open minds. That's part of what makes kids so creative. They don't worry about the rules."

On the fate of other superstars "[P]eople thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way [Elvis Presley] did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself. ... Often in the past performers have been tragic figures. A lot of the truly great people have suffered or died because of pressure and drugs, especially liquor. It's so sad. You feel cheated as a fan that you didn't get to watch them evolve as they grew older. One can't help wondering what performances Marilyn Monroe would have put in or what Jimi Hendrix might have done in the 1980s."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623608/20091012/jackson_michael.jhtml

If this free taste is the kind of song that Michael was working on for the 50 London concerts, you start to believe that had Jackson not died, he might may have enjoyed an artistic renaissance.
er no

Michael Jackson’s New Single “This Is It”–Recycled from Early 90s

By: Roger Friedman // Monday October 12, 2009
Michael Jackson’s new single “This Is It” — its existence was first reported here, exclusively.
Now it’s out this morning, and “This Is It” should be called “This WAS It.” The single sounds more or less like Michael’s never-released 2001 charity single, “What More Can I Do” and his 1985 hit, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You.”
The new single is a mess. It has no actual chorus, and — to make matters worse — it has background vocals added by some of Michael’s brothers. Jackson would never have wanted that.
“This Is It” was produced, or concocted, by John McClane, Jackson’s longtime friend and one of the executors to his estate. McClane tried unsuccessfully to get the Jackson 5 back together in 2002, after Michael’s solo concerts in 2001. At the time, he was assisting in Michael’s management with Trudy Green of HK Management.
Well, the song is not great. For a theme song, and a way to market the “This is It” movie, it’s fine. But there are better songs among the few Michael left behind in the vaults. There’s one, left off of “Bad,” called “Saturday Night Woman,” that’s supposed to be a real, er, thriller. Maybe it will turn up on a CD of unreleased material.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/michael-jackson-this-is-it-john-mcclane/

i post cause of the part where he talks about the song called "Saturday Night Woman":yes:
that must be a good one, i mean the tittle sounds like an up tempo song, will see.

Anyway i love THIS IS IT song, I fell in love with it now:yes:, guess its cause its Michaels:)

Michael Jackson's Memoir, 'Moonwalk': Read Exclusive Excerpts!

'The way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself,' MJ wrote in 1988 book.

281x211.jpg

On the fate of other superstars "[P]eople thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way [Elvis Presley] did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself. ... Often in the past performers have been tragic figures. A lot of the truly great people have suffered or died because of pressure and drugs, especially liquor. It's so sad. You feel cheated as a fan that you didn't get to watch them evolve as they grew older. One can't help wondering what performances Marilyn Monroe would have put in or what Jimi Hendrix might have done in the 1980s."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623608/20091012/jackson_michael.jhtml
wow, its all i can say:mello:, i always think what would have been the new album, which was never done, and much more music, but, its like a curse of the greats.

About the MJ news in history, i LOVE that song he did with Diana Ross, "Eaten Alive", Michael was crazy on that one hahah, well they say he always loved Diana, but we dont know, we'll never know...

Last edited:
Most truthful article of the day, IMHO :clapping:

Michael Jackson's 'This Is It': The Past, The Present, A Perfect MJ Tune Song showcases MJ's often-overlooked talent as a singer.

By James Montgomery

I only say this because to the casual music fan, it might not be apparent. Whether it was because so much about him — his dance moves, his style, his swagger — was so dynamic, or because he rarely spoke above a whisper, or even because he frequently peppered his verses with vocal ticks (like those oft-imitated "Hee-hee's"), Jackson remains one of the most underrated vocal artists in music history.

And that's a shame, because his voice was a wondrous thing, capable of reaching both towering heights (the final verse of "Rock With You") and depths ("Childhood"). It was technical, but it was also decidedly human, too, full of pump-priming rage ("Man in the Mirror") one minute, tethered tenderness the next ("She's Out of My Life").

It was a finely tuned instrument that, when unfurled, revealed all the pain and frustration and joy of Jackson's life ... a window inside the man's soul. It could stop you in your tracks and raise the hair on the back of your neck. It was something to behold.

But don't take my word for it. Just listen to "This Is It," the title track to Jackson's posthumous concert-film/double album that premiered at midnight on Monday (October 12). Because if anything, it's reinforcement of my original point: Jackson was a powerhouse vocalist.

The origins of the song may remain cloudy — it was reportedly written in 1980, in the fertile period between Jackson's Off the WallThriller albums, and recorded in the mid-to-late '80s, in between the Bad and Dangerous albums — but really, none of that really matters: "This Is It" is a prime showcase for Jackson's prodigious pipes, which means that the best way to experience it — indeed, the best way to pay tribute to the man and his music — is to turn the volume up, sit back, and just listen. and

Ignore the trilling strings, and the soft-jazz/light-funk backing track (which sort of make the song sound like Off the Wall's "I Can't Help It.") Block out the hype surrounding the song's release and the drama surrounding Jackson's death. Focus on those vocals — the way Jackson counts it in with a boyish "one, two, three, four," the way he glides from verse to verse with breathless, effortless phrasing, the lean-yet-heavy falsetto, the hint of gravel (and gravitas) is the verses, the soaring choruses — it's all there, untarnished by time or tabloids. And it's all wonderful.

In a lot of ways, "This Is It" might be the perfect Michael Jackson tune.

And by that I mean, while it's by no means his best, or his most memorable, it might be his most representative. It's a mixture of his yearning early years and his messianic later period, and it shines a light on the best aspects of both: His voice.

Because, just in case you weren't aware, Michael Jackson was a hell of a singer.

MTV

I felt so sad reading this. The Michael in 1988 would never have imagined what life had in store for him or how much people wanted to tear him down. But I just want to know if Michael understood why these great stars like Elvis, Marilyn and Elvis allowed themselves to go down a self-destructive path. I am pretty sure Michael knew that these people were also lonely and isolated and had a lot of pressures on them.

Anyways, it's just sad because here is proof that he said that he never wanted to turn out like them, but then that is what happened in a way.

Janet Jackson giving payback to Jay Leno over Michael Jackson?

janet_jackson.jpg

It's been a rough couple of weeks for Jay Leno.

Amidst sinking ratings on The Jay Leno Show and other networks discouraging their stars from appearing on Jay Leno's prime time talk show experiment, there are rumors that Janet Jackson has rejected an invite to appear this month on Jay Leno as the former Tonight Show host was believed to be interested in paying tribute to Michael Jackson when "This Is It" hits theaters October 28th.

Although some sources at NBC say Janet Jackson is avoiding Jay Leno like the plague in order to pay him back for years of jokes at her brother Michael Jackson's expense, Janet was more than hapy, however, to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2004 (see video below).

Although NBC has not yet confirmed any plans for The Jay Leno Show to present a themed program surrounding Michael Jackson's "This Is It," those close to Jay Leno say the comedian is eager to pay respect to the late King of Pop and there is now a rapidly closing window of opportunity to achieve this.

http://www.examiner.com/x-23871-Jay-Leno-Examiner~y2009m10d12-Janet-Jackson-giving-payback-to-Jay-Leno-over-Michael-Jackson
Interesting.

Hi, I'm a Virgo and I just wanted to say that I love the song "This Is It". The vocals are beyond beautiful, and so is the melody of the song. It's very timeless and catchy.
I can't wait to hear the version with just Michael and the piano. I'm in love with the song (although 'falling in love wasn't my plan')

Hi, I'm a Virgo and I just wanted to say that I love the song "This Is It". The vocals are beyond beautiful, and so is the melody of the song. It's very timeless and catchy.
I can't wait to hear the version with just Michael and the piano. I'm in love with the song (although 'falling in love wasn't my plan')

:) Definitely I share the same feelings about the song. I hope that with recent negativity it won’t take away these feelings from the fans… This is a wonderful song but I hate Anka.

Back