Going to LA

Benji78

Proud Member
Hi... I'm heading off to LA in a few days and wondered if there are any events or fan gatherings going on. I would so much like to see places that are special to MJ but I am getting confused over where to go and what to see.

I would also very much like to make the journey to Neverland but cant seem to find any easy way to get there.

Anyone know of any trips that encapsulate all of this or anything at all to help me navigate my way around?

I'm traveling on my own, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

I went to LA LAST MONTH!!! I went to visit family I've not met before and loved it!!! I went to MJs star :D

You're coming to L.A. ??? WHY?! lmao.. :p
I hate this place. Can't wait to move out of fake city.
Don't expect too much around here. L.A. used to be the tourist hot spot in the 80s. It's a little dry today. Well.. then again, I lived here all my life.
Hollywood, the Valleys, the inner cities...

I want to visit England!

lol

Hope you enjoy your stay! :D

I hate this place. Can't wait to move out of fake city.
Don't expect too much around here. L.A. used to be the tourist hot spot in the 80s. It's a little dry today. Well.. then again, I lived here all my life.

I want to visit England!

lol

Haha, I am traveling around CA. I finish up in LA and have 2 days to kill. It cant be that bad :)

2 days is perfect. Anything longer than that and you go crazy like... like... MEEEEEEEE!!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOT!!! LALALALALALLALA!!! *pulls pants down and runs around in circles*

....I am so sorry that was so wrong. :no:

Nar hates LA and wants to go to England... surely something is wrong with that sentence! Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Nar hates LA and wants to go to England... surely something is wrong with that sentence! Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I am with NAR on this. Have been to both LA and England... MUCH prefer England.

I hate this place. Can't wait to move out of

I want to visit England!

lol

LOL ! :agree:

LoL.. would you like to trade places?! *packs his stuff* :D

mjjfan4ever know's what Im talkin' about ahaha.

Hehehe, well some people like coming down here. But most of the visitors I had from over seas would tell me this place scares them. Especially Hollyweirrrdd. lol. It can be fun if you like that sorta thing. ;p

ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!!! I live in england and much prefer LA!! haha lets swap!

LoL.. would you like to trade places?! *packs his stuff* :D

mjjfan4ever know's what Im talkin' about ahaha.

Hehehe, well some people like coming down here. But most of the visitors I had from over seas would tell me this place scares them. Especially Hollyweirrrdd. lol. It can be fun if you like that sorta thing. ;p

Ha! Yup lets trade! Well.. I do feel it could be a little intimidating in LA buuut I'd still love to visit. I would love to travel across the USA visiting different places along the way.. California to New York!

Im leaving for CA in two days! LA in about 6 days.

So you LA'ers what do you recommend I do then!? And where/what area should I stay? Not booked it yet!

Last edited:
Im leaving for CA in two days! LA in about 6 days.

So you LA'ers what do you recommend I do then!? And where/what area should I stay? Not booked it yet!

I'm not and LA'er... BUT I just came back from visiting family I'd not met before (I'm 18 and decided I should just get on a plane and go and see them) and I kind of consider myself a bit familiar with area as I spent 5 weeks being taken to lots of places!!

Ok do Hollyweird, the stars, ect.. and go up to where the Hollywood sign is (we tried but failed.. and ran into a Kyotee and rattlesnake on the way!)

Go to a place called Canters (a deli located on Fairfax) it is YUM and the women serving me said she once served MJ and she asked if he went to Hawaii university as he was wearing a jumper with it on and he giggled and said No. But she knew it was him haha. We saw Larry David in there and he came and stood right next to me!

You could drive round LA downtown to look around but it's a nightmare getting back onto the freeway as there are no signs.. there is a Grammy Museum with and MJ exhibition.

Venice Beach.. or any beach is nice! I went to Crystal Cove at Laguna.

In Beverly Hills there is another deli called Nate and Al's where celebs are meant to hang out - but I suppose anywhere in BH there will be a celeb!

Rodeo drive is nice and also Santa Monica Boulevard.

Santa Monica Pier was a bit of a let down - I would check out San Diego if you're in Cal it's sooooo nice.

It's really nice to take a drive on the freeway listening to Human Nature at night when you see all the cars and LA lit up :)

AAAAAND when I arrived back in London I met Tito cos he was on my flight!!

You will have an awesome time!!!!!

Benji what part of LA are you looking to stay in? I like the Comfort Inn in Santa Monica and the Culver City Travelodge--both on the cheap side but really nice for the price.
As far as I know there aren't really any MJ events, just the spots where fans are still leaving flowers/candles/notes. As far as I know, fans are still visiting the Carolwood residence, his star on Hollywood Blvd, and Holly Terrace. Everything was removed from Hayvenhurst and the hospital a while ago. And, of course, Neverland is visited daily...it's very out of the way so I don't know of any way to get there other than car, if you could rent one.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your suggestions.

I am looking like I will stay in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. Possibly even Santa Monica.

Thanks to 'heehee' for your advise too. It all really helps me plot my time.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your suggestions.

I am looking like I will stay in Beverly Hills or West Hollywood. Possibly even Santa Monica.

Thanks to 'heehee' for your advise too. It all really helps me plot my time.

if your looking for a good place to eat and just let some one do the drving go on amtrack the food is sooo good lol i should be a spokes girl for them lol but really when ever im board or want something good i go form santa ana to LA for like 13$ pluse the food but its so worth it!!!!!!!!!! ( i know im crazy!!!!) i think amtrack gose up to stant barbra close to neverland ill check and let u know tomrow when i wake up

I LOVE LA! Spent two weeks there in March. It's a great great great city, so many places to see, so many things to do.

I am going again in April. This time to visit Michael... It's ironic, when I was in LA this year, I didn't go to Michael's place because I didn't want to bother him. I didn't read forums then and didn't know the fans were there every day and it was okay. And now I am going to visit him at the cemetery :(

Back