This is It Album Vaults to #2 on Amazon

joemjni1

Proud Member
Guys - maybe the release of TII by SONY was planned to do just this: attract buyers to the album, which it has. It's jumps to #2 on Amazon's best seller list.

its probably Sony buying their own product to send it shooting to the top initially to increase the hype of the record....call me cynical but it wouldn't surprise me....I'm a hardcore fan and even I can't find myself to get excited by it's release nor have I ordered it nor plan too.

This is it album:
10 hours ago :

#1 UK Amazon
#1 French Amazon
#1 Canadian Amazon
#3 US Amazon
#3 German Amazon
#12 Japanese Amazon (#2 foreign, Backstreet Boys at 9)

Can the single go to number 1 while NOT being a commercial release -only by airplay? I think 'Cry' had a chart career based solely on airplay, so technically it shouldn't be a problem..
I'd really want a no.1 for michael before the end of the year –as it would make him the first artist with number 1 hits spanning in five different decades!

Yes it's #1 on the Canadian Amazon! Thats incredible. I know This Is It has had tons of media time all day from CTV to CBC, to Global, CP24, and A Channel. They have been rotating the story every hour. I think this album is going to sell very well!

great news but i agree with seany about not being excited about it.

Can the single go to number 1 while NOT being a commercial release -only by airplay? I think 'Cry' had a chart career based solely on airplay, so technically it shouldn't be a problem..
I'd really want a no.1 for michael before the end of the year –as it would make him the first artist with number 1 hits spanning in five different decades!

wuh? Cry was a proper single release. I own a copy of it. You must be thinking of Butterflies. Anyway, the US Billboard charts are the only ones I know of that count radio airplay towards chart position. Most big music markets only count the actual sales/legal downloads of a song.

Yes it can - Billboard bases their hits on RADIO PLAY.

Albums are based on units sold.

wuh? Cry was a proper single release. I own a copy of it. You must be thinking of Butterflies. Anyway, the US Billboard charts are the only ones I know of that count radio airplay towards chart position. Most big music markets only count the actual sales/legal downloads of a song.
I know over here in NL they use airplay ONLY for SOME of the charts as well! It really depends on which charts you have I guess.

this whole thing has left me very bitter.
1) All over the net "this is it" is being called a rip off
2) they are accusing MJ of plagiarize an Anka song
3) Paul Anka is calling MJ a thief
4) MJ's own co executor, McClain, claims MJ couldn't write a song like "this is it" on his own.

I am utterly disgusted. I have never been this turn off by an MJ project. Never.

this whole thing has left me very bitter.
1) All over the net "this is it" is being called a rip off
2) they are accusing MJ of plagiarize an Anka song
3) Paul Anka is calling MJ a thief
4) MJ's own co executor, McClain, claims MJ couldn't write a song like "this is it" on his own.

I am utterly disgusted. I have never been this turn off by an MJ project. Never.

me too :(

Way to go, sony & estate! First "new" release already a big mess....Way to honour Michael's memory and legacy. Someone should be fired.

doesn't even matter. like MJ once wrote in a poem from Dancing The Dream, innocence of childlikeness seems to ward off all these enemies, and we are still left enjoying the brilliance of Michael Jackson. it's not number 2 because of Sony or Paul Anka. it's number 2 because of Michael.

It fell to #3 today :(

Also today at Amazon UK it fell from #1 to #4

Sony!!! You idiots

Dont buy it if you dont want to. People who wants to buy it, will buy it. Thats all.

Stop the hate against SONY. This is becoming ridiculous

Although I hope Mike gets another No.1 album with TII, I'm not convinced it will happen.
Too many people bought hits albums recently for it to be a certain success and Cheryl Cole releases her album here the same week. she is on X Factor week after week and will be performing her single (which is getting lots of radio and TV coverage) this coming weekend too.
Sony's promotion of the TII album has been typically sparce as has the promotion of all MJ's releases over the past few years. I haven't seen any billboard posters on the streets, nor any adverts in papers or on TV. The promo seems to be limited to the release of the single on Monday, which was a disaster. Hopefully advance sales of TII will be maintained at quite a high level for the next couple of weeks, but judging from the low initial sales, I don't think there's much interest in this album from the public, and we all know how the fans feel about it.

I think in the end, no matter how they feel towards sony and the TII song, the fans will buy the album to show the world their support for Michael, and that's exactly why I'll buy a copy.
As for the general public I doubt it will be a success but hei there's hope for the next album release.

Back