"This Is It" extended version (no fade ending!)

Because singles are usually no more than 4 minutes in length.

Regarding Paul Anka calling MJ a thief.

We MUST take action. I do want to support the estate but I am not willing to give my money to Anka (for insulting Michael and calling him a thief) or to McClain (for insulting MJ's legacy as a songwriter to cover up his own incompetency).

What do you guys think if, instead of buying the "this is it" soundtrack we buy the "number ones" album? (you can gift it to someone, if you already have the CD)

it would accomplish 2 things:

1) it would help #1 remain the best seller in the US (Taylor Swift is trailing MJ by only 86K, and she is re-releasing her album in November. She will definitely outsell MJ before the end of the year and take the #1 seller for 2009)

2) Paul Anka would not be getting our money. He is getting 50% publishing rights (rightfully so)....but do you really want to give your hard earned cash to that jerk after he call MJ a thief? I don't...I really really don't.

McClain will also receive $$ for finishing the song, and after insulting MJ's legacy, I do not want to honor him by buying this particular song. He should know better...he did not have to belittle MJ to cover his and Branca's mistake. That is UNACCEPTABLE from a co-executor of the estate.

Most fans want to support MJ's estate ...we can still do so without that jerk Anka profiting from it more than he should.
We cannot do anything about the song appearing at the end credit of the movie, but the payment is usually a one-time fee.
Bottom line, Anka thinks he hit the jackpot and that pisses me off. He did not have to go to TMZ to call MJ a thief...MJ is not here to defend himself, but we the fans are.

Let's call for a group boycott of the "this is it" CD...and instead buy "Number ones". We can give the press a warning, so they don't question fans support for MJ.

I know we have tons of issues with Sony, but they did not insult MJ's memory.

Can we all organize this, together?

Lol, no way I would support the MJ estate by buying one more copy of a record I already have... The MJ estate is going to make a HUGE amount of money on MJ and they do not need us to waste our money like that.... Considering Paul Anka, we do not really know what happened between him and MJ and we have no way of judging the situation with the song....

About the extended version/original long version, typical Sony to do something like that....

I believe that the Extended Orchestra Version (4:40) is, in fact, the album version we will get on the OST, while the 3:46 version w/fade is simply the Radio Edit. Quite why Sony couldn't release the radio edit as the single (and still give us the incentive to buy the OST for the 2 other alternative TII edits) is beyond me. Missed opportunity IMO.

omg they took it off YouTube... can someone please upload it somewhere else please or re-upload it on YouTube?!.. thanks!

-Dal

I adore Michael and everything he ever recorded..and his voice is magic. I love the song.....but Sony sucks really bad. This is not the way to treat THE KING OF MUSIC ! Stupid Sony. Michael was angry for a good reason.

its the extended orchestra version and it rocks!

Yes its amazing :wild:
god I'm so in love with this song MJ's voice is perfect I don't really care about when it was recorded I'm happy that I finally got to hear it its beautiful IMO and I know that there are more amazing songs to come ppl just have to be patient :)

is there a more fitting thread, I don't know, if please move ...

Sony, Michael Jackson's Estate Tell Apple to Beat It, Skip iTunes with New Album

* By Peter Kafka
* On 8:08 am EDT, Wednesday October 14, 2009

After Michael Jackson died, fans flooded iTunes to snap up his music. But when “This Is It“, the singer’s final work, comes out this month, they’ll have to look somewhere else: Apple’s digital store won’t be selling the album.

So says Digital Music News, citing “confidential information”. The problem, supposedly, is that Sony (SNE) and Jackson’s estate want to sell the entire double album as a set, while Apple insists that all of the music it sells needs to be available as singles.

I’m checking with Sony and Apple to confirm, but the story is a familiar one, because it’s a longstanding dispute between Apple (AAPL) and the music business. The industry, for both financial and artistic reasons, has tried to keep music bundled together, while Apple insists on selling it a la carte.

Apple usually wins these disputes: Even the stubborn iconoclasts in Radiohead eventually bowed to Steve Jobs’ will and turned their precious albums into individual songs.

If there is a clamor for the new Jackson music online, it will reportedly benefit Amazon (AMZN), whose MP3 store does offer album-only releases.

But I’m not sure how loud the clamor will be: As best I can tell, the “new” release only contains a smattering of Michael Jackson you haven’t heard before: Two versions of the title song, plus “a recently discovered spoken word poem”.

The rest? Greatest hits you can already buy, song-by-song, on iTunes.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Sony-Michael-Jacksons-Estate-allthingsd-700756186.html?x=0&.v=3

Back