Entertainment Weekly to publish THIS IS IT exclusive story

The release is getting close now guys, I expect the US will see more and more "This Is It" related features in magazines and papers. ET may have the 'exclusive' but others will follow shortly. There is already 1 video review on youtube, so we should get others soon too!

Sony seem to have forgotten the UK so far though, but hopefully they have plans to start promo here soon!

Entertainment Tonight will be airing an 'exclusive' on their show tomorrow about the This Is it movie, more footage etc......saw a clip of kenny Ortega speaking.

mjackson-1072_l.jpg

Highlights from ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY's October 23, 2009 issue

(on newsstands nationwide Friday, October 16):

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY HAS THE FIRST LOOK AT THE NEW MICHAEL JACKSON MOVIE

PLUS: THE INSIDE STORY OF HIS FINAL PERFORMANCES AND THE FILM THAT CAPTURES HIS LAST DAYS

NEW YORK - This week's Entertainment Weekly has the inside story on Michael Jackson's final performances and the film that captures his last days. His tragic death last June shook the world, and now Jackson is returning to the stage - and the screen - thanks to some revealing raw footage, a director he trusted, and the resurrecting power of his adoring fans.

With a 50-show engagement set for London's 02 arena, Jackson wanted to give his fans the ultimate Michael Jackson concert experience, a career-capping spectacle to end all spectacles. It was right there in the name: "This Is It." But at age 50, Jackson hadn't performed on stage in more than a decade, and as he rehearsed the show at L.A.'s Staples Center, his collaborators sometimes worried that he was pushing himself too hard: not eating enough, not getting enough rest. "Don't worry," Jackson told director Kenny Ortega. "Just put the people all crushed up against the stage. They're my fuel. They're my food. Their love will get me to the end."

On June 25 the pieces were nearly all in place when Jackson's sudden death brought the production to a stunned halt. It seemed Jackson's ambitions for This Is It - to reinvigorate his career, rejuvenate his fan base, replenish his finances, and spread messages of peace, love, and ecological responsibility - would never be realized. But cameras had been rolling during those four months of rehearsals, recording the singer as he and his team developed the show. Though some of it was considered potential backstage material for a later concert movie, it was never meant to be seen by the public. Suddenly it became the last existing documentation of one of history's greatest entertainers at work. Now, after months of anticipation, the world will finally get a chance to see that footage when This Is It opens around the globe on Oct. 28.

Kenny Ortega, the director of both the concert and now the film This is It was one of Jackson's closest collaborators. "Over the last few years, Michael would say, 'Let's find something to do,'" Ortega says.

"But he turned down a lot. He turned down an invitation to do a Vegas production. He said, 'It has to be important. We can't do something just because we can.' I'd never heard him talk like that before. This time around, he wanted to do it for deeper reasons, more mature reasons."

The announcement of Jackson's London concerts was greeted with both excitement and skepticism. Many speculated that Jackson simply needed the money, but Randy Phillips, president of the concert promotion firm

AEG Live, says there was more to it. "After the press conference, I asked him, 'Why now?' He said, 'Because I've spent 12-and-a-half years bringing my kids up, and now they're old enough to appreciate what I do - and I'm still young enough to do it.' Yes, he had to clean up his finances. But money was not the primary motivating factor."

more here:
http://www.mjdatabank.com/english_version/news/2009/october/20091015_ew_tti.htm

Well you have 2 choices
Au coin du monde on Cartier street or la Maison de la presse on Rue st-jean ;)

I'll run there after work (to realize they,ll have it like 1 2 weeks...uhg!)

WOW! I'm a loyal subscriber to Entertainment Weekly and I can't wait to get my hands on that magazine! Oh yeah! :D

With the budget already past $24 million, Jackson told his team he wanted to recreate one of the world's largest waterfalls on the stage. "I was ready to jump off the balcony of my office," Phillips says. "We went and met with Michael, and Kenny said, 'Michael, you've got to stop. We've got an incredible show, we don't need any more vignettes.' Michael said, 'But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can't sleep because I'm so super-charged.' Kenny said, 'But Michael, we have to finish. Can't God take a vacation?' Without missing a beat, Michael said, 'You don't understand - if I'm not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince.'"

:lol: Awww, Michael :better:

Here is the EW article that I got from my google alerts. It's a little bit different from the one posted.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/10/15/this-weeks-cover-michael-jackson-this-is-it/

This week's cover: An exclusive first look at the new Michael Jackson movie
by EW staff

Categories: Michael Jackson, This Week's Cover

When tickets for Michael Jackson’s This Is It went on sale on Sept. 27, hundreds of shows around the globe sold out in less than 24 hours, without anyone knowing quite what it even was — a concert movie? A documentary? “It’s somewhere in between,” says Sony Pictures co-chair Amy Pascal of the film, which consists of behind-the-scenes footage of Jackson rehearsing for his planned comeback concerts at London’s O2 arena. “It’s a movie about rehearsing for a concert that never happened. It’s heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. It gives you chills.”

Now, with the October 28th worldwide release of the movie fast approaching, the late pop star’s collaborators open up about working with Jackson during his precarious last days. At age 50 Jackson hadn’t toured in more than a decade, but while his team worried at times about his health, his imagination was as active as ever.

In fact, as the production got under way, it quickly became clear that Jackson’s creative ambitions for the concerts were beyond anything he’d ever attempted. With the budget already past $24 million, Jackson told his team he wanted to recreate one of the world’s largest waterfalls — Victoria Falls in southern Africa — on the stage. “I was ready to jump off the balcony of my office,” says Randy Phillips, president of the concert promotion firm AEG Live. “We went and met with Michael, and [director] Kenny [Ortega] said, ‘Michael, you’ve got to stop. We’ve got an incredible show, we don’t need any more vignettes.’ Michael said, ‘But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can’t sleep because I’m so supercharged.’ Kenny said, ‘But Michael, we have to finish. Can’t God take a vacation?’ Without missing a beat, Michael said, ‘You don’t understand — if I’m not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince.’ ”

Yea, can someone please post a hi-res version of the pics thanks!!

Just saw pages of Entertainment Weekly on ET. Kenny did an intrview and there were loads of behind the scenes footages of This is It and new footage of the movie with Michael telling people how to do this or that with Human Nature. They just showed on ET....

The man looked amazing.

"But Michael, we have to finish. Can’t God take a vacation?’ Without missing a beat, Michael said, ‘You don’t understand — if I’m not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince.”

For a guy who he really dislikes, why did he name his son's "Prince"? :giggle:

Just saw pages of Entertainment Weekly on ET. Kenny did an intrview and there were loads of behind the scenes footages of This is It and new footage of the movie with Michael telling people how to do this or that with Human Nature. They just showed on ET....

The man looked amazing.

"But Michael, we have to finish. Can’t God take a vacation?’ Without missing a beat, Michael said, ‘You don’t understand — if I’m not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince.”

For a guy who he really dislikes, why did he name his son's "Prince"? :giggle:

First, MJ did not dislike Prince. They weren't friends, but they were never enemies, even after Prince refuse to do the "Bad" duet.

Second, Prince is nicknamed after his great grand father. Not the singer.

First, MJ did not dislike Prince. They weren't friends, but they were never enemies, even after Prince refuse to do the "Bad" duet.

Second, Prince is nicknamed after his great grand father. Not the singer.

I know his son wasn't named after the singer Prince, I was just saying out of all the names....Prince.

As for his dislike of Prince, I read in many books and articles he really wasn't fond of him. Anyway *shrugs*

This magazine looks amazing, but I really hope these are exclusive shots for EW, and they're not just what we're getting in the OST booklet.

Back