TDRCAU Rehearsal. Dubbed with Munich audio?

L.T.D

Proud Member

This has been puzzling me. At around 0:32 in the video you can clearly hear Michael yelling 'hooooooooo'. To me it sounds like TDCAU from Munich. Just before you hear that you can also hear a much shorter but clearer 'Hooo'. Is it possible that they have mixed the audio between the rehearsals and Munich? Does this also mean that Michael may have been singing live on this but the Munich sound has been dubbed over it?​

Yeah.I noticed this from the first time :).It's pretty weird.

I want to know the story behind the "HOOO" on the 2009 clip.

Everyone agree it sounds like the 'hooo' from Munich?? :S

Yeah it's definitely the hoooooo! from Munich. Then it kind cuts off and u hear his real live voice.

no no no they are just playin the playback while MJ's microphone is also turned on. but i munich and all other history shows the HOOO is live :)

I'm sure they've doctored the audio, this clip came out like 2 days after MJ died, they wanted to give the best quality to prove he was healthy when all the initial speculation and media circus began building steam.

By the way, I love the way Michael smiles at the very end of the TII rehearsal version! :)

it's the same recorded Mix, but you can clearly listen to the Drums being live, specially towards the end...

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!
JUST THE VOICE IS THE SAME, CAUSE IN this Rehearsal Michael is using playback!!!

PAY ATENTION WHEN U HEAR!!!

To me the "hoooo" in the TII rehearsal sounds live. It just seems like they were a few seconds late in turning his mic on, because he was lip-syncing the rest of the song, so it sounds cut-off.

I don't know, the Munich yell sounds much grittier to me.

To me the "hoooo" in the TII rehearsal sounds live. It just seems like they were a few seconds late in turning his mic on, because he was lip-syncing the rest of the song, so it sounds cut-off.

I don't know, the Munich yell sounds much grittier to me.

There are two hooooos. One is quite short and a lot clearer, then after that finishes you can hear another hoooo in the background which sounds a lot like the on efrom Munich. Which is why I am lead to believe they might have mixed the audio between the rehearsal and the Munich show.

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!
JUST THE VOICE IS THE SAME, CAUSE IN this Rehearsal Michael is using playback!!!

PAY ATENTION WHEN U HEAR!!!

Im talking about the 'hoooo' bit. You obviously didnt read my post properly because I acknowledged the fact it was playback during the rehearsal. There was nothing crazy about what I said.

lol, no definitely not, the instrumentation is live and the vocal is playback. His mic came on late, this isn't the only time thats happened, its happened in loads of other shows, first one that springs to mind is MITM at the 88 Grammys.

lol, no definitely not, the instrumentation is live and the vocal is playback. His mic came on late, this isn't the only time thats happened, its happened in loads of other shows, first one that springs to mind is MITM at the 88 Grammys.

Ill say it again. There are TWO hooooos. The first one is quite short and clear which I think is Michaels voice at the rehearsals. Then once that stops you can hear another hoooo in the background which sounds like Munich 1997.

i have listened carefully and got the 2 hoos that L.T.D mentioned. But whether or not they really mix the audio is not important i think bcos after comparing very closely with CD track, i am quite confident that besides the hoo, all the rest are lip-synch perhaps with the exception of the last sentence. But there are too many voices and mayb he still didnt sing cos I think he was panting quite a fair bit by then. L.T.D, hope my answer helps.

yeah the loooong Hoooooo you hear is clearly from munich. I heard it the first time it was shown on tv..i recognize that ho.. lol, I've seen that concert maybe about- 100 000 times since 97..
the hooooooooooooo was clearly added from munich as there are allready live versions from munich out..I got it on mp3, but then you hear the HO that is live.the shorter one.. that he does slightly after the long hooo begins.
you can still hear the other HOOO in the background when he does the new, shorter one!

so yea

Gotta keep in mind this was a rehearsal. They could have quite easily just been using the Munich mix to practice to whilst a finalized version was being finished.

Yeah I understand what you are saying L.T.D I hear the two also. Remember Kenny O saying the whole thing was live on the short clip they showed on news, which we know with tdcau it is usually playback with live Hooo.

It was a live band with a play back vocals plus live "hooos"

It has nothing to do with the munich concert, listen correctly next time

It was a live band with a play back vocals plus live "hooos"

It has nothing to do with the munich concert, listen correctly next time

I knew Michael was amazing but he could sing to hooo's at the same time :O

The Hooo's where going on at the same time. Only one was live, the other was from another show. Which im guessing might be Munich.

YOU listen carefully next time :)

I knew Michael was amazing but he could sing to hooo's at the same time :O

The Hooo's where going on at the same time. Only one was live, the other was from another show. Which im guessing might be Munich.

YOU listen carefully next time :)

Sorry my dear friend, am really not trying to be rude, but i don't get what you saying, Sorry if am mistaking =)

Sorry my dear friend, am really not trying to be rude, but i don't get what you saying, Sorry if am mistaking =)

if you dont understand please dont be so rude then. during the breakdown of the tdcaau rehearsal justbefore he sings the history line, we hear HOOOOO, one that is live on the day, and the other one in the background is definitly from munich in 1997 when he performed there. must have been used just for rehearsals

I don't know if its the same but why would you mime in a rehearsal ?? I mean everyone there would know he's miming so what would be the need to mine ?? I do see some similarities between the 2 especially the hooooooo's but IMO I think its live

Back