New Jackson Albums in the Wings

shimar

Proud Member
I guess the Paul Wanka mishap spurred some creative thinking to release NEW MJ SONGS!!

Posted Oct 13th 2009 1:50PM by TMZ Staff
michael_jackson_getty_52619757_ex.jpg

Sources who have heard the unreleased recordings of Michael Jackson say there are at least 2 albums worth of class A songs that will be released over time, and some of them are even better than "This Is It."

We're told many of the songs that will make the cut were written and recorded by Jackson after he left
Sony in 2004.

As for "This Is It" -- we're told everyone involved liked the tune but it wasn't the best. As one source said, given the title and the tone, "It was the most appropriate song for the end of the movie."
Filed under: Music, Michael Jackson, Exclusives

Dear whoever will be involved, whatever you do, please, please, please do what Michael would have wished to be done with his work ... please :D

What about the album who was rumoured to be ready before the Arvizo allegations?

How is this news? We have read about this numerous times over the past few months and knew about Mike's songs from his own mouth.

I can't wait! :clapping:
As long as Sony is not involved.

Good point...MJ could have the most contested bidding war among the major labels for this new album.

BTW, I heard about a NEW MJ song with NEW songs MONTHS ago when MJ was about to do his O2 performances - and it's supposedly due for Spring/Summer of 2010 after the O2 gigs.

Please, let this become a reality. I'm patient, though. I'd rather that these hot, new songs not be released under the Sony label.

I'm all for hearing those songs. If they are anywhere near the quality of the last 3 tracks on the last disc of The Ultimate Collection it will be great to hear them

EVEN better than THIS IS IT!! lol funniest comment ever! any released MJ song is better than This Is It!!

I am not a fan of Sony. Let me say that first. But they did the right thing by releasing "This Is It". I have a feeling the song will fit the movie perfectly. There's no doubt in my mind that we have yet to hear some unreleased gems. Hopefully they are done right. That's all I care about.

I am not a fan of Sony. Let me say that first. But they did the right thing by releasing "This Is It". I have a feeling the song will fit the movie perfectly. There's no doubt in my mind that we have yet to hear some unreleased gems. Hopefully they are done right. That's all I care about.

I don't think it was the best choice for a song, given the build up, but you're right - the song IS APPROPRIATE for the movie.

However, the way that Sony handled it by not doing their publishing research & offering a request for a mechanical license to Paul Wanka...

...then Paul Wanka moaning about how MJ shut the song down and did a cease and desist on releasing it on Paul Anka's Duets album...(which he had a right to do, but he could've done this quietly...

...was poor execution on Sony's behalf. Simply awful and embarrassing.

I don't think it was the best choice for a song, given the build up, but you're right - the song IS APPROPRIATE for the movie.

However, the way that Sony handled it by not doing their publishing research & offering a request for a mechanical license to Paul Wanka...

...then Paul Wanka moaning about how MJ shut the song down and did a cease and desist on releasing it on Paul Anka's Duets album...(which he had a right to do, but he could've done this quietly...

...was poor execution on Sony's behalf. Simply awful and embarrassing.

Is there a link to the backstory to how Mike ended up with the tapes that I don't know about. :scratch:

and lol at e'rybody calling him Wanka.

Is there a link to the backstory to how Mike ended up with the tapes that I don't know about. :scratch:

and lol at e'rybody calling him Wanka.

It's on TMZ, here's the link on all the Paul Wanka (LOL!) tags:

http://www.tmz.com/tag/PaulAnka/

The Wanka said it himself - and he claims that "Michael got big-headed with THriller" - MJ pulled the song from the Wanka's duets album.

I think it was more of a possible violation of MJ's contract with Epic at the time and did a "cease & desist" move.

But regardless, Wanka should've kept this private under the table - eventually things would work out had Wanka's lawyers settled the matter with Sony & MJ's estate.

But know this: This is SONY's fault, not the MJ estate, even if they are being blamed for it.

I guess the Paul Wanka mishap spurred some creative thinking to release NEW MJ SONGS!!

Posted Oct 13th 2009 1:50PM by TMZ Staff
michael_jackson_getty_52619757_ex.jpg

Sources who have heard the unreleased recordings of Michael Jackson say there are at least 2 albums worth of class A songs that will be released over time, and some of them are even better than "This Is It."

We're told many of the songs that will make the cut were written and recorded by Jackson after he left
Sony in 2004.

As for "This Is It" -- we're told everyone involved liked the tune but it wasn't the best. As one source said, given the title and the tone, "It was the most appropriate song for the end of the movie."
Filed under: Music, Michael Jackson, Exclusives

haha! in Bengali we have a saying: "Pothe Esho".

the exact translation is "get on the road" but it means, roughly, "now now... tell the truth".

but it's waaaaay more funny/sarcastic/ironic a meaning in the actual idiomatic Bengali than it sounds in the translation! actually, I've heard Michael was recently reading Tagore, and Tagore used this phrase every once in a while in his novels.

anyway, Sony's behavior reminds me of that phrase :lol:

way to go, Sony. now pony up with those original MJ sure-fire hits. and ffs, hire some interns to do the research!!

:scratch:

Far as I know Michael never left Sony. :smilerolleyes:

Yeah thats technically true, but if MJ had released a new studio album, he might have used a different label... all the latest $ony's have been compilations and re-issues anyway...

I 100% agree, do to these songs only what Michael would have...

It's on TMZ, here's the link on all the Paul Wanka (LOL!) tags:

http://www.tmz.com/tag/PaulAnka/

The Wanka said it himself - and he claims that "Michael got big-headed with THriller" - MJ pulled the song from the Wanka's duets album.

I think it was more of a possible violation of MJ's contract with Epic at the time and did a "cease & desist" move.

But regardless, Wanka should've kept this private under the table - eventually things would work out had Wanka's lawyers settled the matter with Sony & MJ's estate.

But know this: This is SONY's fault, not the MJ estate, even if they are being blamed for it.

It's kinda both their faults, $ony needed the green light from the estate for the song, neither realised Wanka (ha!) was involved...

oh, post-2004! HALLELUIJAH!

it won't be Sony then. now THAT'S good news!! :D

Hey lady! Word also has it that Universal Music is bidding on it - but not sure about the other labels.

I know this: Sony will do somersaults and triple-lutzes just to keep MJ with them, in life & afterlife. And so does every other label.

TMZ said in their live chat that someone at Sony got fired over the THis is It fiasco.

Also - new songs coming up are FREE AGENT - label wars will begin!!!

Back