Can we stop with the TMZ threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so long ago it was all fine here, the TMZ nonsense was posted in the TMZ only thread. But now, more and more i see people posting TMZ nonsense news in the news discussion forums. TMZ reports stuff about news albums and singles...well duhhhh we already new for quite a while that there's enough unreleased material.

Let's not treat TMZ as if they are a reliable source, let's keep this forum good without the TMZ bullshit.

Exactly, not at all. These idiots dared calling him a healthy drug addict, instead of simply reporting objective news, they simply had to go there. No matter what, they always must put something negative next to his name. Now they have 'new' nonsense about new albums and songs....oh really TMZ? HEY...we didn't know that, amazing. Sigh.

TMZ is pathetic. And i treat them like any other tabloid....100% ignoration (is that a word?)

AMEN!

I'm sorry TMZ is not the be all and end all, and I would NOT consider them a reliable news source. I remember before Michael passed that TMZ was looked at by most in this and the entire fan community with contempt and most took what they said with doubt and a grain of salt. Then they (unfortunately) were the first to report Michael's untimely passing and BAM now a good amount of people on here and else where are like "Oh! TMZ just reported this so it has to be true!" or whatever. It's sad really but more disappointing than anything. They might get lucky occasionally but they are nothing more then tabloid fodder.

TMZ is run by a bunch of douchebags who only give a crap about the all mighty dollar and they act like the "prey" (I.E. Celebrities) they hunt are just pieces of meat and they'll report anything and everything regardless if it's true or not just so they'll get the ratings, the sells, and the cash they want. And if a story doesn't come out how they wanted it to, they'll spin it to try and fit into the nice little picture they tried to create so it doesn't screw with what they've been doing. Like what they did with Michael and the autopsy report..."Healthy Drug Addict". Healthy Drug Addict my ass. It has to end! It's sickening and I'm tired of hearing about TMZ and what they're douchebag "I'm a Lawyer" Harvey "Lying Ass" Levin has to say.

TMZ is Junk food and I want something healthy. I'm sick of the junk!

Excuse the rant but I just had to get it out.

Not so long ago it was all fine here, the TMZ nonsense was posted in the TMZ only thread. But now, more and more i see people posting TMZ nonsense news in the news discussion forums. TMZ reports stuff about news albums and singles...well duhhhh we already new for quite a while that there's enough unreleased material.

Let's not treat TMZ as if they are a reliable source, let's keep this forum good without the TMZ bullshit.

So true. I hate seeing anything they put out.

Hmm, follower fans would tell you that unfortunately, TMZ has been very accurate when it came to MJ before June..I'm not commenting on their integrity, just accuracy...after I don't care, I don't follow anymore

So far TMZ has been the most accurate in the Jackson case. They were even the one's who leaked the autopsy report first. I don't see a problem with TMZ to be honest. lol

Hmm, follower fans would tell you that unfortunately, TMZ has been very accurate when it came to MJ before June..I'm not commenting on their integrity, just accuracy...after I don't care, I don't follow anymore

TMZ and accurate in the same sentence? I highly doubt that...i only recall TMZ being a tabloid course, for christ sake....even on their own site it says celebrity gossip.

So far TMZ has been the most accurate in the Jackson case. They were even the one's who leaked the autopsy report first. I don't see a problem with TMZ to be honest. lol

You mean the REAL autopsy report came from them first? You sure about that? Cause i found that
out on a whole different website.

Ok, but there are many other articles that are full of unconfirmed crap. For all we know they could make up quotes (Randy Jackson recently) and claim he said that. Or the stuff about healthy drug addict. I certainly don't recall TMZ being accurate on Michael before june at all. Then again, i hardly ever visit the site. But alot of it was posted here in the tabloid section i believe.

Ok, but there are many other articles that are full of unconfirmed crap. For all we know they could make up quotes (Randy Jackson recently) and claim he said that. Or the stuff about healthy drug addict. I certainly don't recall TMZ being accurate on Michael before june at all. Then again, i hardly ever visit the site. But alot of it was posted here in the tabloid section i believe.

That's the problem with the internet. I don't agree with the 'healthy drug addict' crap they posted. I agree with the techical court stuff though.

That's the problem with the internet. I don't agree with the 'healthy drug addict' crap they posted. I agree with the techical court stuff though.

Technical court stuff? You mean the 2005 case? I haven't followed TMZ at all back then, i'd expect them to only lie and mock things during such things.

I liked visiting this site when we did not compromise our guidelines just because a negative source was "accurate about some things." It now appears we are not as selective about the sources we quote and not as tolerant of others.

Yes, TMZ is tabloid -

but

they have given the most up-to-date news on MJ.

TMZ is the source for the world - as wacky & unorganized as they are, they have their people working on MJs case 24-7, as opposed to the bullshit corporate media.

It's the only source we have.

TMZ is in touch deep with Branca & the Jackson family - moreso than most media sources.

Ebony Magazine is the premier source of data on MJ, but they aren't following the MJ case 24-7.

Hate me for it, but as a desperate MJ fan who wants to know what is going to happen next, they are all - at least IMHO - that I feel I have right now.

Well at least TMZ (Tabloid) did tell us about Anka and did report the mending of the incident. They are trash but a tad bit better than others. Wasn't they the first at 200 Carolwood when Michael was taken via ambulance to UCLA? Don't care for them but don't mind either. Some People prefer to go to TMZ instead of other tabloids/Media.
Just my opinion.

Yes, TMZ is tabloid -

but

they have given the most up-to-date news on MJ.

TMZ is the source for the world - as wacky & unorganized as they are, they have their people working on MJs case 24-7, as opposed to the bullshit corporate media.

It's the only source we have.

TMZ is in touch deep with Branca & the Jackson family - moreso than most media sources.

Ebony Magazine is the premier source of data on MJ, but they aren't following the MJ case 24-7.

Hate me for it, but as a desperate MJ fan who wants to know what is going to happen next, they are all - at least IMHO - that I feel I have right now.

So far they are the one's constantly updating about Michael Jackson. The other sites have kinda given up on it. And when they do mention Michael, the source is usually TMZ. Harvey Levin, being the Lawyer/ex College Professor he is, is on top of all these cases. Even the whole Jon and Kate thing lol :laugh:

Granted they have mocked MJ in the past, but what website hasn't? Even his ex wife Lisa has done it too.

The important thing is is to keep the Jackson case alive so people don't forget. If people don't want to read TMZ threads -then don't read it. No one is forcing you to read it. By creating a thread about not liking all the TMZ threads being posted here, is not helping the situation. Also complaining about it at other news thread's ain't helping. Plus you posted it in the wrong section of the site. This section of the site is for news regarding Michael, not complaints. :) All you had to do is PM a mod and tell them. No need to make a thread. So far no mod's have complained about these threads, and they are very watchful so I don't know :)

Last edited:
The important thing is is to keep the Jackson case alive so people don't forget. If people don't want to read TMZ threads -then don't read it. No one is forcing you to read it.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Otherwise, we the desperate MJ fans would be scratching at the surface of whatever is happening.

TMZ is like that famous Clint Eastwood movie, it's the Good, Bad and UGLY. I'm on the TMZ comments page everyday - and yes, there are many MJ fans out there.

But it's all we have right now.

We've demanded to Harvey Levin & his bloggers to stop using the ***** horrid nickname - and they DID, in respect to MJ and his beautiful children. And so far after that - they never used it again.

AND...we've also demanded in the comments section that they not use unapproved photos of the MJ3 - and they haven't after we made a big deal about it in the comments section.

So far, they've been respectful of the kids. Now - I don't know if it's because of the fans OR that Harvey Levin got an "in" with the MJ Estate & Jackson Family - but they are listening to our demands for respect.

They also had a very endearing story about the MJ3 trying to raise money for this dog with 2 legs - and they used official photos, and they used no paparazzi pictures (this is after we tore them a new azz-hole in the comments section about using unofficial photos) - EVEN if they are a paparazzi blogsite.

And to me, that counts.

Last edited:
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Otherwise, we the desperate MJ fans would be scratching at the surface of whatever is happening.

TMZ is like that famous Clint Eastwood movie, it's the Good, Bad and UGLY.

But it's all we have right now.

We've demanded to Harvey Levin & his bloggers to stop using the ***** horrid nickname - and they DID, in respect to MJ and his beautiful children.

AND...we've also demanded that they not use unapproved photos of the MJ3 - so they are listening to us.

And to me, that counts.

They are all we got. I mean, all leaks have come from TMZ and that's because Harvey has mad connections to the Lawyer's, judge's and LAPD....it's no accident that all major things regarding Jackson has come from TMZ. Even the autopsy report leak.

Harvey and co. listen to fans complaints, and so far he has done what MJ fans have asked, with respect. Something that most major tabby shows would never do.

Just today on the insider, Star Jones was defending Michael and some lady there came on going on about how he dangled Blanket out the window and insinuated that MJ was a pedophile. It all started with the Roman Polanski case. The Insider has gone so low since they changed their show look...all this panel stuff...really low.

I'm beginin' to think that some folk around here work for TMZ myself. :smilerolleyes:

I usually just ignore them, but yeah, I do wish all the TMZ reports were kept in ONE THREAD.

That way I don't have to waste my time even entering...darn

Is that too much to ask?

I'm beginin' to think that some folk around here work for TMZ myself. :smilerolleyes:

I usually just ignore them, but yeah, I do wish all the TMZ reports were kept in ONE THREAD.

That way I don't have to waste my time even entering...darn

Is that too much to ask?

There is a thread for TMZ reports only. It's a sticky in this section. Problem is many people want to discuss TMZ's reports and the sticky is a 'no chatter' thread, so people have no choice but to repost the articles so they can discuss. Otherwise the only option that will please everyone will be to have another TMZ sticky solely for discussion, I guess.

and also anything that comes through the other media usually started at tmz anyway. I think their reporting has been ok, up to date, frequent and not to disrespectful.

the whole "healthy drug addict" thing was taken out of proportion. I thought it was a play on words, as in.....they all say he's a drug addict but his body was in good shape, certainly not as you'd expect and addict's to be. Have you ever heard of a healthy addict? that kind of thing. I thought it was more like a question, "could he have been an addict with his body in such good shape?"

I agree! TMZ is just another tabloid rubbish

yes pleassee. ban it now (and this is another thread about it) why did we start it at all? This things should never have beenn spread

TMZ has not been good. As a contributor to the Michael Jacksons Legacy Project this is the exact thing we are trying to fight against. They are preying on his fans because they know we are desperate for news on MJ. There are other sites that report news on MJ and they do not over-sensationalise. For example, Yahoo news reported the exact same story about the mishap with the song. When reading their version as to oppose TMZ's version it was like no big deal. TMZ put a poll about MJ stealing the song. How is that helpful to his legacy. In his life, he was trying to tell us not to be so desperate to get info about him that we rely on this type of reporting. The sad part about, people are using them as if they were the bible on news. That means millions upon millions of people will trek to their site and see the inuendos slurs they use when reporting about Michael. It is almost like rewarding them for bad behavior. They are a Tabloid. Don't knock The Insider and Enter. Tonight for their reporting they are all in the same basket. Yeah, you may have the facts right, but it is what you do with the facts. They are twisting them and turning them and people that don't know MJ the way we do have been influenced negatively. You can do what you like, but I refuse to give that piece of crap any more of my hits. I hope you will join me.

Gaz allowed TMZ reports for a reason. And we need to be able to discuss them. Which we can't do in the TMZ thread, so people have to make new ones.

But TMZ`s reports are more reliable than other sites, right? I think we can transfer some reliable reports here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back