Michael Jacksons This Is It - Dave Rabbit At The Movies

Why the thumbs down?...
I think it was a very positive review!...

I think the person acidentlly use the thumbs down...

Thanks to this review I just bought a second movie ticket because I know that I'll miss many things when I'm viewing it only once. :innocent:
Thanks for posting this!

Saw this review earlier and thank god for a positive one. Cant wait for the other reviews. I must admit I choked up when the reviewer said we'd be going from the cinema thinking 'what an enormous loss.'

GREAT review, very positive..Everyone check it out :)

ty for posting Pasc

Yeah, the guy is very positive but he doesn't give any evidence that he has actually seen the film and mostly just says how great MJ was in life. I'm not sure I believe he saw the film at all.

Yeah, the guy is very positive but he doesn't give any evidence that he has actually seen the film and mostly just says how great MJ was in life. I'm not sure I believe he saw the film at all.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw his "review" lol...

LOL ok I seriously come here to get my laughs...now you don't believe a critic saw the movie. Seriously can you guys keep just ONE post on here positive without accusing people as lying?

This has been a rough week for me as it relates to Michael. Watching that has me crying. I dont know if I can watch this thing, as much as I want to.

LOL ok I seriously come here to get my laughs...now you don't believe a critic saw the movie. Seriously can you guys keep just ONE post on here positive without accusing people as lying?

Laugh if you like, but if you believe a person saw the film when he 'reviews' it without giving any information about the film itself then you're just being gullible IMO, and that IS laughable. Do you seriously believe that Sony would just send out a critics review DVD to an unknown internet reviewer? I don't. They will be keeping copies of this film under tight security, not sending them out for review like this. I would expect them to arrange private screenings for recognised critics belonging to established magazines, TV shows and newspapers in each country so they can prevent leaks. Even if you do believe he saw it, you must admit that because Dave spent most of the 10 minutes talking about his admiration for Mike as an entertainer and his achievements and didn't go into any detail about the film, it is a very poor review. He didn't say anything that any of us couldn't have made up ourselves.

If you want a review from somebody who has seen the film then look up MKgenie's posts, which DOES include specific information. I have no doubt that MKGenie saw the film, but Dave didn't. I'm certain of that.

Last edited:
Wow that was a GREAT review, I'm even more excited and anxious to see it!!! Watching the review actually made me cry:( thank you for posting the link!!!!

Laugh if you like, but if you believe a person saw the film when he 'reviews' it without giving any information about the film itself then you're just being gullible IMO, and that IS laughable. Do you seriously believe that Sony would just send out a critics review DVD to an unknown internet reviewer? I don't. They will be keeping copies of this film under tight security, not sending them out for review like this. I would expect them to arrange private screenings for recognised critics belonging to established magazines, TV shows and newspapers in each country so they can prevent leaks. Even if you do believe he saw it, you must admit that because Dave spent most of the 10 minutes talking about his admiration for Mike as an entertainer and his achievements and didn't go into any detail about the film, it is a very poor review. He didn't say anything that any of us couldn't have made up ourselves.

If you want a review from somebody who has seen the film then look up MKgenie's posts, which DOES include specific information. I have no doubt that MKGenie saw the film, but Dave didn't. I'm certain of that.

Wow...I will never challenge anything on this board. I just saw Oprah's interview with Kenny Ortega, and for Oprah to see just 12 minutes of TII, a guard brought her the tape, and then took it back.

Dave Rabbit being given it under the conditions he indicated certainly does not ring true at all now.

Thanks for the heads up. I was originally thinking OF COURSE he'd seen it.

In any event, I hope his glowing praise becomes a truth from all critics.

Back