This Is It - EP Single Confirmed for I-Tunes

I'm pretty sure EP's are charted on the album charts and not the single charts, at least with respect to Billboard here in the U.S. I hope I'm wrong but...

In the UK I'm pretty sure EP's can't chart at all. I'm surprised we won't be able to purchase the radio edit, even if it is just as a one track single.

Wonder if the EP will use the TII Single Artwork?

In the UK I'm pretty sure EP's can't chart at all. I'm surprised we won't be able to purchase the radio edit, even if it is just as a one track single.

I think an EP can chart on the album chart on itunes but not on the official Top 40 (as far as I know)

Which is a shame because I'm pretty sure most people are going to buy the EP rather than the album as most people already have MJs greatest hits, plus millions of Michael's greatest hits albums were sold this year so I doubt many people will buy the full album (I know I won't)

An EP can chart on the UK singles chart!! Weather or not 'This Is It' will be eligible is still uncertain as we don't know for sure what will be included on the EP!!!

I found this on the Official Charts Website -

EPs expected to make a comeback

Alongside the rule change for downloads, the Official UK Charts Company is also relaxing one of the restrictions on physical singles in a move which is expected to boost sales and lead to a revival of the EP.

There have always been restrictions on the number of tracks and the amount of music a single can contain – in order to differentiate them from albums. Until now the rule has been three tracks and a playing time of 20 minutes. These will now be relaxed to four tracks and 25 minutes, offering consumers even more value for money.

I wonder where all the "I'm going to pirate this it because there is no single" fans are now?

An EP can chart on the UK singles chart!! Weather or not 'This Is It' will be eligible is still uncertain as we don't know for sure what will be included on the EP!!!
i think the EP will have 6 tracks so it wont be able to chart

I wonder where all the "I'm going to pirate this it because there is no single" fans are now?
probably planning to buy it now instead.if u can physically buy it in the shops i will get it otherwise i dont care for downloads. i want a cd and packaging in my hand

This is good news! :)

Let's not be mean about fans who didn't want to buy the album - this is a good result, no need to illegally download and not everyone would have done so to begin with.

Hopefully Michael can have another number one :)

This will lead to new music and give Michael another number 1 yet again! Lets hope that a new track could be made available for Xmas 09! A fantastic result and showing that fan and even media can make big organisations like Sony take notice.

NEW MUSIC coming .

who cares about charting? if you want it to chart then go buy the full album :S

i still think that if Michael were around he'd demand that This Is It be sold as a single. he used to sell tickets for thirty dollars, when those around him wanted the tickets to sell for higher. a tribute to MJ being better at business. that's probably one of the reasons why there was such a standoff between Michael and Sony.

but i'm sure people will buy it anyway

Last edited:
^ Yeah me too. He's had a US number one single in every decade since 60s apart from this one, it's the last chance of getting this record :(

Back