Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

mjdove

Proud Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_yS-tFbtT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFZWOHs4S0g

Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

by MichaelJacksonSecrets

Oprah Winfrey just interviewed Kenny Ortega on her talk show

Kenny Ortega, Michael Jackson’s creative partner, director of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” concerts and one of the producers of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” movie, appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show today, October 16th.

Kenny Ortega is a world-class choreographer, and was the mastermind behind the Thanksgiving Day Parade in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Madonna’s “Material Girl” music video, Patrick Swayze sexy moves in the 1987 film Dirty Dancing and was the director of High School Muscial.

Oprah on “This Is It” – Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

Oprah Winfrey, who got a sneak preview of 12 minutes of Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” film, said that the movie was “magical.” The 12 minutes of “This Is It” was delivered by armed security guards, who stood by as Oprah Winfrey viewed the footage, and then left with “This Is It” in hand.

Oprah Winfrey mentioned that Michael Jackson appeared skinny, but was impressed with his obvious energy and excitement about the performance. Oprah Winfrey also said that while viewing she thought, “Wow! What a loss!”
“This Is It” Film Production – Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

When Oprah Winfrey asked Kenny Ortega how he handled the death of Michael Jackson, Kenny Ortega said, “I had the hardest time. I had just seen him 14 hours earlier.” Kenny Ortega added that he would tell Michael Jackson that he loved him and that Michael Jackson would respond “I love you more.”

Kenny Ortega said that cutting the film, making the film, and having the entire group together helped to create a supportive situation. Kenny Ortega felt lucky to have the opportunity to be there with the material, which gave a greater value to the history that he shared with the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Oprah Winfrey asked Kenny Ortega if he had been able to process the fact that Michael Jackson is gone. Kenny Ortega responded, “Little bits, he’s so much alive for me still, thank God.”

Kenny Ortega added that Michael Jackson is so present in the film that viewers will almost forget that he’s no longer with us.

Kenny Ortega told Oprah Winfrey how Michael Jackson would call him at 3 a.m. to dicuss the upcoming concert, saying, “We need fireflies!” Kenny Ortega compared Michael Jackson to a firefly because he shines from the inside out.

The Oprah Winfrey show included exclusive clips from Michael Jackson’s rehearsals, including for the song “The Way You Make Me Feel.”

Kenny Ortega told Oprah Winfrey that they started rehearsing in late April, and started physical rehearsals at The Forum and The Staples Center in Los Angeles in May and June. Michael Jackson was about 8 days from London, where they would conduct the final rehearsals before the tour.
Kenny Ortega on Michael Jackson’s Weight – Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

After watching some more footage from “This Is It,” Oprah Winfrey asked Kenny Ortega if he was concerned about Michael Jackson’s weight.

Kenny Ortega said that they looked after him, stressing that the entire crew was a family with a refrigerator full of drinks and healthy food.

Kenny Ortega added that he saw no hint of drug use, and that he saw fatigue at time, due to his sleepless nights, but that Michael Jackson always insisted that he felt good, working on the record, being a father, brainstorming about the performance.
This Is It Choreography – Kenny Ortega’s Interview on the Oprah Winfrey Show

Although Travis Pane and Michael Jackson were the primary choreographers, Kenny Ortega played a large role, calling them “The Three Muskateers” or “The Three Stooges.” Kenny Ortega added that Michael Jackson was an improvisational genius.

All the dancers were inspired by Michael Jackson, and were participating in what they had always dreamed of. Kenny Ortega said that the dancers always felt special when Michael Jackson looked their way.

Michael Jackson was constantly adding to the performance, and with the budget already surpassing $24 million, Randy Phillips said, “I was ready to jump off the balcony of my office. We went and met with Michael, and [director] Kenny [Ortega] said, ‘Michael, you’ve got to stop. We’ve got an incredible show, we don’t need any more vignettes.’ Michael said, ‘But Kenny, God channels this through me at night. I can’t sleep because I’m so supercharged.’ Kenny said, ‘But Michael, we have to finish. Can’t God take a vacation?’ Without missing a beat, Michael said, ‘You don’t understand — if I’m not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince.’ ”

Kenny Ortega also mentioned that Michael Jackson greatly admired Prince, who recently spoke about Michael Jackson after a concert at the Gran Palais.

http://www.michaeljacksonsecrets.com/kenny-ortegas-interview-on-the-oprah-winfrey-show.html

thanks to the site I have taken from!

It is also here: http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20091016-tows-michael-jackson-this-is-it

20091016-tows-kenny-ortega-oprah-290x218.jpg

OMG the clip rehersal of ''Bad/They Dont Care About Us'' was AMAZING!!! I miss him even more now.. I planned not to see this movie because I dont feel ready.. This is so painful..

''Fireflies'' so CUTE....

I love Michael's humour, the Prince line was hilarious!

Thanks for sharing :)

I'm wishing I had recorded this Friday's Oprah and not last Friday's that Chris Rock guess starring.

but oh well, I can't wait to Oct 28 to see This Is It.

OMG the clip rehersal of ''Bad/They Dont Care About Us'' was AMAZING!!! I miss him even more now.. I planned not to see this movie because I dont feel ready.. This is so painful..

''Fireflies'' so CUTE....
seeing the movie will be cathartic for some.

That was hilarious what Michael said about if he's not there to receive God's messages he'll give them to Prince :hysterical:

I wish she hadn't brought up his weight, though. I always thought he looked fine, no matter what anyone else said or still says; and on top of that the autopsy confirmed that he was average weight for his height, so no issue there. I'm slim, too, but also average weight for my height. And that's a healthy thing. This should be put to bed. It's a non-issue, that we know had nothing to do with his untimely death.

Anyway, can't wait to see this film :D

I made a promise to myself the other day that I would not watch any more clips from the movie, but thanks to the person that made an effort to tape this for us.

I really enjoyed hearing this. And the Prince comment, that is just dear to me.

Speaking of "Purple Rain", my first Michael Jackson concert when we were waiting for Michael to get on stage, "Purple Rain" were being played through the big speakers! One of many great memories I will treasure for ever actually. We're there and waiting for Michael Jackson to take the stage, and while we waits, "Purple Rain" comes on. Amazing!

I miss you, Michael!

Where is that picture of Michael reading the USA today article about Prince's Purple Rain movie in 1984? I love that! It reminds me of that picture.

l_5170b8b2ae0bc96a2c9750d9380f497e.jpg

I hope it is not photoshopped. I know they were both touring the US at the same time and that their were lots of comparisons between Michael and Prince, but I think they both admired each other and kept up a good competition to best each other.

I think the Oprah show was great, so was Kenny!

I have it on my DVR in HD. I wish I knew how to upload it here to show you.

Where is that picture of Michael reading the USA today article about Prince's Purple Rain movie in 1984? I love that! It reminds me of that picture.

l_5170b8b2ae0bc96a2c9750d9380f497e.jpg

I hope it is not photoshopped. I know they were both touring the US at the same time and that their were lots of comparisons between Michael and Prince, but I think they both admired each other and kept up a good competition to best each other.

I think the Oprah show was great, so was Kenny!

I have it on my DVR in HD. I wish I knew how to upload it here to show you.

I wish you knew how to upload it too, because I really want to see the footage in HD.

I thought this was a pretty decent interview.
I caught it on the late night repeat. As well as the
Entertainment Tonight Show.:)

Kenny seemed sincere and genuine with his comments.

He so captured Michael when he said that Michael "channelled
the music and thats why when everyone else was out of breath,
MJ wasnt tired at all." He said "MJ WAS the music. He EMBODIED the music".
I loved that cuz thats how MJ described it too. And its such
a true statement.

Another thing that got me was when Oprah, said,
"When I looked at that (the film) I thought, what a loss."

I had a very strong feeling that was what she was gonna
say before she said it.

She also said that she feels that THIS IS IT is gonna
break all records of all time.

Can you imagine Oprah in a public theater? I can!
Thats what she said..."I'LL BE THERE on the 28th."

I cant WAIT to see MJ on the big screen myself.
I'll probably be a mess, but I cant wait.

thanks for the link, that rehearsal footage looks fantastic. i have tears rolling down my face just watching this short bit, lord knows how i'm going to cope in the cinema.

From this interview Kenny mentioned something about Michael working on a new record, and he said we’ll have recording studio for Michael in London during the gig. I wonder what Michael was having in store for us!!!! When people say that he is bigger in death I disagree, because that was going to be such a great show and a huge comeback in addition to new albums and all the events surrounding his comeback. I also think that what if this interview was done with Michael if he was still alive! We’ll really miss him…

I purposely missed this show. I didn't want to give Oprah ratings. But watched it on youtube. kenny seems like a nice guy. Thanks for uploading. :)

kenny seems very sincere :) and surprisingly to me, so does oprah. :eek:
what I don't get is why she keeps asking if he had health issues? it's been cearly stated that he was a healthy man before he died.

Just seen the interview and it was great. I cracked up at the Prince line and just amazed by how amazing Michael looked. The footage from the final rehearsal just killed me-how could he be like that but dead 14 hours later?

I purposely missed this show. I didn't want to give Oprah ratings. But watched it on youtube. kenny seems like a nice guy. Thanks for uploading. :)

you technically can't "give" anyone ratings unless you have a Nielsen box.

From this interview Kenny mentioned something about Michael working on a new record, and he said we’ll have recording studio for Michael in London during the gig. I wonder what Michael was having in store for us!!!! When people say that he is bigger in death I disagree, because that was going to be such a great show and a huge comeback in addition to new albums and all the events surrounding his comeback. I also think that what if this interview was done with Michael if he was still alive! We’ll really miss him…
I agree, and that hurts like hell. Earlier this year I really believed London was going to be the beginning of a huge MJ 'comeback'. With the Thrill The World flash mobs and the inmates in the Philippines dancing and music starting to change a bit in the past couple of years it really felt to me like the world wanted to love Michael Jackson again. I mean, deep down inside the world wanted to love him again -- they were just waiting for a reason to be open about it again. I really felt it would happen 2009/2010. And certainly not in the way it's turned out :cry:

Good interview. I am going to be a mess when I go but I think it will be an amazing and heartbreaking experience at the same time.

thank u..it's just sad...i don't know if i'm ready to watch the movie :(..it's so painfull :(

Thanks for posting this & thanks to the person who put it on You Tube, hopefully he/she visits here :)

Back