SaFire talks about working with Michael Jackson on This is It / I Never Heard

shimar

Proud Member
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's SaFire talking about her involvement in the "This Is It / I never heard" song.

She's very genuine & sweet about how things went down with her recording:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mich...-jackson-this-is-it-controversy_video_1166449

I have a good friend who works with her & says that Safire's been offered 1 MILLION DOLLARS for the demo she shows in the interview, and she's refused. The tape contains Michael & her going over the song - SINGING the song.

Also - when Safire talks about how the song was originally planned as a duet between her & Paul Anka, I heard it here on MJJC that MJ said to Paul that the duet wouldn't work because Paul's too old & Safire was beautiful and young. So, she did the song by herself. In the interview Safire glazed that it was decided to do the song by herself.

MJ burned Wanka once again!!

Safire22.jpg
safire_l.jpg

Last edited:
Re: SaFire talks about This is It / I Never Heard

It would be great to hear the demo.. but good on her for sticking by her decision

Safire had the chance to sell out MJ and she didn't.

My friend says that she's refused all offers - from Sony & very wealthy MJ collectors.

This is why I like her.

It would be great to hear the demo.. but good on her for sticking by her decision

Good on her for keeping the tape. :D

Exactly.

Safire's had the demo tape with her & Micahel going over "This Is It / I never heard" for 19 years!!!!

And she still won't let go of it, especially with everything that's going on??

Gotta support her & thank her for keeping her integrity to MJ.

Last edited:

i don't like her version

i don't like her version

It's ok, you don't have to like it.

But this was a background as to what happened with the song & at least she didn't sell out MJ - that's the point of of the post.

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's SaFire talking about her involvement in the "This Is It / I never heard" song.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mich...-jackson-this-is-it-controversy_video_1166449

I have a good friend who works with her & says that Safire's been offered 1 MILLION DOLLARS for the demo she shows in the interview, and she's refused. The tape contains Michael & her going over the song - SINGING the song.

Also - when Safire talks about how the song was originally planned as a duet between her & Paul Anka, I heard it here on MJJC that MJ said to Paul that the duet wouldn't work because Paul too old & Safire was beautiful and young. So, she did the song by herself. In the interview Safire glazed that it was decided to do the song by herself.

Safire22.jpg
safire_l.jpg

Oh hugs and big kisses to you, you wonderful wonderful woman! MJ is smiling upon you for this. =)

This pic looks kinda like Lisette Melendez. I used to listen to the freestyle groups like Safire, The Cover Girls, Sweet Sensation, & Expose'. I still have their records and pull them out every once in awhile. I mostly liked the female acts although some of the guys like TKA & Stevie B were ok. I remember Noel's "Silent Morning" was like played forever, lol.

wow! Thanks Safire. You are the best. Michael will love you for this and so do we. Keep the Demo it is special..

Waw that could turn out to be one of the most expensive tapes :)

This pic looks kinda like Lisette Melendez. I used to listen to the freestyle groups like Safire, The Cover Girls, Sweet Sensation, & Expose'. I still have their records and pull them out every once in awhile.

YEP, i AM GLAD HE WORKED WITH HER, I FOR SURE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HEAR SOME FREESTYLE FROM MJ

:clapping: I would love to thank her for not selling MJ out, she's awesome! She could have sold the demo to a tab, but decided not to, unlike like some of MJ's so called friends..

She seems like a sweet and genuine lady. I think this incident was a blessing in disguise. Its a shame the other guy choose to run to the tabs before just dealing with the logistics behind the scene cause its evident nobody was trying to steal anything.

I am glad she can confirm that MJ gave her the song and there was nothing on toward. If she wasn't around that other writer would probably continue to make things seem seedy and of course slimy tabloids would run with that story over and over again.

Nope, not Lisette Melendez - that's definitely Safire. She's considered one of the original women who started the Freestyle movement.

LOL! I was in elementary & high school when the freestyle movement came about, and Silent Morning was the SH**T!!!

I Love Shannon's "Let the Music Play" - Safire's "Don't break my heart" - "Show Me" by the Cover Girls, Expose's "Let Me be the One" - the list goes on.

I think the music itself was very underestimated and only got recognition when British acts like New Order & Depeche Mode started using that famous freestyle breakbeat.

I know that the Latin Rascals produced a lot of remixes back in the early to even late 90s for a lot of people.

And Safire had a recent dance hit called Exotique, which is the one my friend worked on with her. It's a cute song & very dance oriented, but promoted as an underground club song, not anything that Billboard would pick up since independent labels rarely get any charting unless you have major label distribution and marketing $$$.

This pic looks kinda like Lisette Melendez. I used to listen to the freestyle groups like Safire, The Cover Girls, Sweet Sensation, & Expose'. I still have their records and pull them out every once in awhile. I mostly liked the female acts although some of the guys like TKA & Stevie B were ok. I remember Noel's "Silent Morning" was like played forever, lol.

Nope, not Lisette Melendez - that's definitely Safire. She's considered one of the original women who started the Freestyle movement.

LOL! I was in elementary & high school when the freestyle movement came about, and Silent Morning was the SH**T!!!

I Love Shannon's "Let the Music Play" - Safire's "Don't break my heart" - "Show Me" by the Cover Girls, Expose's "Let Me be the One" - the list goes on.

I think the music itself was very underestimated and only got recognition when British acts like New Order & Depeche Mode started using that famous freestyle breakbeat.

I know that the Latin Rascals produced a lot of remixes back in the early to even late 90s for a lot of people.

And Safire had a recent dance hit called Exotique, which is the one my friend worked on with her. It's a cute song & very dance oriented, but promoted as an underground club song, not anything that Billboard would pick up since independent labels rarely get any charting unless you have major label distribution and marketing $$$.
I know it wasn't her. Lisette was more busty, lol. My favorite freestyle song is "Yo Little Brother" by Nolan Thomas. I used to laugh at the video with the kid Billy Idol, Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, & Prince. India was good too. She is sometimes called La India today and sings tropical & salsa now.

I know it wasn't her. Lisette was more busty, lol. My favorite freestyle song is "Yo Little Brother" by Nolan Thomas. I used to laugh at the video with the kid Billy Idol, Cyndi Lauper, Bruce Springsteen, & Prince. India was good too. She is sometimes called La India today and sings tropical & salsa now.

OMG - "Yo Little brother" was AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L0H_w9kBx8

India was good too. She is sometimes called La India today and sings tropical & salsa now.

I know her VERY WELL - I've worked with her on her Latin stuff & Little Louie Vega is a friend of mine. Her voice is like MJs when she was young, crisp & brilliant. She recently got herself into trouble after she trash-talked to tabloids about Marc Anthony about the Latin Grammys seating & just a big old mess.

Exactly.

Safire's had the demo tape with her & Micahel going over "This Is It / I never heard" for 19 years!!!!

And she still won't let go of it, especially with everything that's going on??

Gotta support her & thank her for keeping her integrity to MJ.

she better have that thang under super-duper lockdown!! :lol:

Also - when Safire talks about how the song was originally planned as a duet between her & Paul Anka, I heard it here on MJJC that MJ said to Paul that the duet wouldn't work because Paul's too old & Safire was beautiful and young. So, she did the song by herself. In the interview Safire glazed that it was decided to do the song by herself.

Safire22.jpg
safire_l.jpg

Shimar, from the interview, it looks like Safire was given the tape. so how could it have Michael and her going over the tape? can you please clarify that? thanks! :)

Shimar, from the interview, it looks like Safire was given the tape. so how could it have Michael and her going over the tape? can you please clarify that? thanks! :)

The demo tape is one tape - the original with added on stuff where Safire & Michael are going over the song.

Last edited:
Back