Are you satisfied with Sony's promotion of This is It

BabeBeMine

Proud Member
Advertisements of the movie are on pretty much every website online. Even sports forums that have nothing to do with music. They have come up with multiple commercials for a variety of rehearsed songs which is awesome. I don't think the promotion could be any better The movie is in position to break records.

I think the promotion from what has been said here on the forums in the US has been very good. However there has been very little promotion in the UK yet, no trailers have been shown on tv hopefully that might change over the next week since Kenny is in London.

Advertisements of the movie are on pretty much every website online. Even sports forums that have nothing to do with music. They have come up with multiple commercials for a variety of rehearsed songs which is awesome. I don't think the promotion could be any better The movie is in position to break records.

I don't see any of that here in L.A. Just a few billboards.

I've seen absolutely nothing in the UK to be honest. When Kenny's over here he'll probably do some promoting. It just makes no sense, why not promote it in the country that the concerts were actually going to be in?!

Billboards are not as important as in the past. Sony has made sure it's online everywhere. Hip Hop music forums, pop forums, youtube, Sports forums. In LA the 2 most popular stations power 106 and Kiisfm have been hyping it up.

Here in Canada advertising and promotion has been incredible. Television, radio, online, and in theater ads are all over. I am very pleased.

i thought i would have seen the commercial on tv way more than i have. although it is starting to creep up now. i saw a random premiere episode and it was part of the commercial slot.

It's all over the internet, there have been a couple of ads on TV when the This Is It film was first announced and there's a fair amount of radio hype too. I don't think the UK are doing too badly! :no: There could be more promotion of course, but to me less is more as there can be too much promotion, where it's shoved down your throat and you're sick of hearing about it.

I think the promotion from what has been said here on the forums in the US has been very good. However there has been very little promotion in the UK yet, no trailers have been shown on tv hopefully that might change over the next week since Kenny is in London.

Same thing happening in Australia. I saw just one trailer and the This Is It new song hit the 6pm news, that's it so far.

It's all over the internet, there have been a couple of ads on TV when the This Is It film was first announced and there's a fair amount of radio hype too. I don't think the UK are doing too badly! :no: There could be more promotion of course, but to me less is more as there can be too much promotion, where it's shoved down your throat and you're sick of hearing about it.

You have seen the TV ad in the UK?
Nobody else here has seen it in the UK! Which channel was it on and when?

I heard a radio ad the day before tickets went on sale but nothing else since. The Odeon near me doesn't even have any posters up.

Nope. Seen nothing in the UK xept clips on two talk shows and the stuff about the TII song. They need to get the trailer on TV.

too bad i only saw one time on local tv and a few times on E!, they should do a lot more so many people will go see the movie :) i got my tickets cant wait!!

Last edited:
You have seen the TV ad in the UK?
Nobody else here has seen it in the UK! Which channel was it on and when?

I heard a radio ad the day before tickets went on sale but nothing else since. The Odeon near me doesn't even have any posters up.

The only time I ever saw a This Is It ad on tv in the UK was when it premiered during the MTV Video Music Awards. Since then I haven't seen any adverts at all.

No, they are not properly promoting TII....

At least, there is another Greatest Hits compilation, why they didnt release LIVE album with the records from rehearsals...????

That would be a smash hit, not just a GHs album...

On the other hand..., This Is It film is promoting itself....!!!!

Its the huge global success, because Michael was/is the global Mega ICON...

Who cares if it's an actual LIVE album I just want the arrangments of the songs from This Is It. Although from what I hear I like the 30th Anniversary Celebration of The Way You Make Me Feel Better.

I think the promotion has been fine, but I don't like how they are sorta like "THIS IS IT LAST MICHAEL JACKSON EVER" because I want him to live forever =D

Also NOW they wanna promote him and make him seem important when they didn't even promote Unbreakable on Invincible, and the whole album....tsc tsc Sony.

I think the promotion has been ok. There has been much talk about it on TV and I saw the trailer for it at the theaters a few weeks ago. Kenny Ortega has also been promoting it a bit as the release is getting closer. I also think that the "word of mouth" promotion has been great. Everybody knows about it. :yes: Of course Sony can always do more...:rolleyes2:

In the UK all i've saw is a poster in the News of The World which I kept but that was from back in September, and theres been just a few short adverts on the radio. I want to see moree!!! :(

Back