The Daily News Oct 20

mariemarie

Guests
Halloween Celebrity Pumpkins: Barack Obama, Michael Jackson and more

Gardener David Finkle from Essex UK, has thought long and hard about what can be a hit this halloween, and instead of selling normal Pumpkins, has decided to carve celebrity faces on them including, Barack Obama, Michael Jackson, Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole.

Untitled-1_1504728c.jpg

Kate ‘Jordan’ Price, Wayne Rooney, Amy Winehouse and Prime Mininister Gordon Brown are amung other celebrities that David has carved.
The original idea came last year at a pub competition, where guests were invited to carve ‘ghosts’ on the halloween fruit, but this year David has decided to go a step further by using his creative talents to carve the celebrities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...372988/Celebrities-on-Halloween-pumpkins.html

Michael Jackson's First Fan Ne-Yo

Ne-Yo wants to be "one of the first" to watch 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'.

The R'n'B star - who has often spoken about his adoration for the late pop singer and paid tribute to him at the BET awards with a rendition of 'I'll Be There' - is determined to watch the musical documentary at the earliest possible opportunity.
The film is due to air on October 28 and will document the rehearsals for Michael's planned 50-date London residency 'This Is It'
He said: "All I've seen so far is what they've shown on TV - the little trailer that's all I've seen. But I'm definitely looking forward to being one of the first in a theatre somewhere to check that out."

The film is due to air on October 28 and will document the rehearsals for Michael's planned 50-date London residency 'This Is It'.

Meanwhile, the 29-year-old singer-songwriter has also spoken about his determination to follow in the 'Thriller' singer's footsteps.

He added to MTV.com: "Michael Jackson is half the reason I even sing. I've talked about how I learned to sing listening to Mike and Stevie Wonder and people of that nature. He's still an inspiration to me. I aspire to be what he was, as far as musically, as far as philanthropy and you name it, Michael Jackson was cream of the crop and I'm just trying to follow in his footsteps."

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/news/Michael+Jackson-9603.html#

Justin Timberlake Talks About Michael Jackson's Influence

Justin Timberlake has often been used as an example of someone who may fill the sizable gap in the pop landscape that was left behind after Michael Jackson’s death. Now, the former N’Sync singer has been talking about Jackson in a candid interview with MTV News.

"If there's anything that I think my generation of artists — including myself, obviously — emulate about Michael, it's that he felt what he was doing so much that his vocal presentation of the song, you can tell when he was cutting the record he was probably dancing in the booth," he said.

Timberlake went on to discuss Jackson’s “perfect” songs, and said he is looking forward to the forthcoming movie, This Is It. "It looks like a more intimate view than anything we've seen," he said. "I'm sure it will be good." The film is due for release on Oct. 28, and is expected to generate big bucks at the box office.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/justin-timberlake-talks-about-michael-jacksons-inf/33831/

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1979 - Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" hit #3 in the U.S. and #5 in the U.K.

michael-jackson-off-the-wall.jpg

Off-The-Wall2.jpg

I LOVE NE-YO!!!

He's humble & acknowledges his ancestors and is a helluva songwriter - so kudos to Ne-Yo!!!!

Unlike Justin Timberwack, who copied Mj and gave him 99.79?? STFU, Justin.

thanx for the information :)
is there a "Today in Michael Jackson History" thing for other dates? or maybe a list that shows all of them?

Back