Thriller now 29.00x MULTI PLATINUM in the USA

Calotte12

Proud Member
Thriller now 29.00x MULTI PLATINUM in the USA so that makes Thriller the biggest selling album in the USA (with the eagles.. but who cares)

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
THRILLER Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
29.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

RIAA

I'm still sure that Thriler has out-sold the Eagles a LOOOOONNNNNGGG time ago....

Oh well, Congrats Thrillllerrrrrrr.....

New mj certifictions from the riaa!!!!!!

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
OFF THE WALL Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
8.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
THRILLER Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
29.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
THE ESSENTIAL MICHAEL JACKSON Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
2.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
NUMBER ONES Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
3.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
GOLD Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
PLATINUM Format
ALBUM Category
SOLO Type
ST

New video certs:

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
NUMBER ONES Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
13.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
VIDEO LONGFORM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
DANGEROUS - THE SHORT FILMS Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
3.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
VIDEO LONGFORM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
VIDEO GREATEST HITS/HISTORY Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
9.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
VIDEO LONGFORM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
LIVE IN BUCHAREST Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
6.00x PLATINUM Format
VIDEO LONGFORM Category
SOLO Type
ST

Artist
JACKSON, MICHAEL Title
HISTORY ON FILM Certification Date
08/21/2009 Label
LEGACY / EPIC
Award Description
6.00x MULTI PLATINUM Format
VIDEO LONGFORM Category
SOLO Type
ST

----------------------
New MJ certs:

Thriller 29xp
Off The Wall 8xp
Number Ones 3xp
The Essential 2xp

Updated: 10/28/09:

Top 20 RIAA Artists

1. BEATLES, THE 170xp
2. BROOKS, GARTH 128xp
3. PRESLEY, ELVIS 121xp
4. LED ZEPPELIN 111.5xp
5. EAGLES 100xp
6. JOEL, BILLY 79.5xp
7. PINK FLOYD 74.5xp
8. STREISAND, BARBRA 72xp
9. JOHN, ELTON 70xp
10. AC/DC 69xp

11. STRAIT, GEORGE 68.5xp
12. JACKSON, MICHAEL 67.5xp *new*
13. AEROSMITH 66xp
14. ROLLING STONES, THE 65.5xp
15. SPRINGSTEEN, BRUCE 64xp
16. MADONNA 63.5xp
17. CAREY, MARIAH 62.5xp
18. METALLICA 58xp
19. VAN HALEN 56.5xp
20. HOUSTON, WHITNEY 54.5xp

Now realize that thats with ONLY FOUR (4) albums certified.

IMAGINE his full catalog.

MJ is now #12 of all time in the US.

6 million from ONLY FOUR ALBUMS!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTopArt

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100

this is crap..., Thriller has sold more than a million copies since 2000 when Thriller was certified with 27x platinum award

Re: New mj certifictions from the riaa!!!!!!

what about bad dangerous etc. bad hasnt been recertifiyed in about 15 years

Great news! The Eagles are great but there's no way they sold that many copies of that album. MJ taking back his rightful spot!

With This Is It in theaters, and Xmas around the corner, don't be surprised to see Thriller sales go up.

Let's hope for 30 million in the USA. Screw the Eagles. They are good, but it's a greatest hits package. It shouldn't even be in consideration along side Thriller

i can't believe off the wall has only sold 8 million

Their last certification was in 2006.

I doubt that it sold a million since then.

Oh, how dare you to doubt the Eagles miracle sales...? :tease:

They have to sell more than Michael, dont you know that?
How can Michael Jackson - the best seller of 2009 - have the best selling album in the USA if he sold this year only 20 mil. albums and last years Thriller 25 only 2 mil.????
No way..., he has to be 2nd... :tease:

Thats the rule... :2cents:

Ha, I get what you guys are saying. But Thriller: 25 only sold 750,000 in the US in 2008 which gave thriller the 28X platinum. Thriller has sold a million since his death. Hence the 29X Platinum.

MJ's sales were considerably low since its 2005 certification until thriller: 25. I assume that sometime in the next few mounts or maybe year it will sell another million.

Hopefully people will soon realize he has out-sold the eagles!

Good to see this. Bad and Dangerous still need new certifications as well. I imagine those will be next. Also, the This Is It soundtrack will go platinum by years end which will help! So more is to come!

The reason MJ's albums sales had been so low is because you could never find his music in any music aisle. The casual person isn't going to go online to buy MJ music, they're going to stumble upon it in the music aisle. Until June 25th, it wasn't possible to stumble upon MJ's music.

Conspiracy.

I'm just glad MJ & Thriller are on their way to getting the title they should have been certified with years ago.

Surrrrrre the Eagles Greatest Hits is still ahead of Thriller...IF....anyone wants to believe that an album such as Thriller which is moving at a fast pace is still trailing behind the Eagles which is moving at a very slow pace.

I mean what's going on here? Are the two albums traveling on a single lane highway or something? What's stopping Thriller from being able to get past that slowing moving Eagles album?!! LOL

Y'all know the truth! Thriller past the Eagles yearrrrs ago! There's no way that it didn't! Thriller can't even see the Eagles album in its rear view mirror any more because the Eagles album is years behind it!!
:lol:

Last edited:
thriller was always the biggest album in the usa since the release. they are bastards an liars!

Are these numbers for the US only? What is Michael's status of albums sold around the world? He has to be close to the top. I don't think some of these artists have influenced the entire world like Michael has. Isn't Thriller the best selling album of all time? I am Canadian so that is why I am asking.

thats only usa. like the thread title says.
thriller 'was' the biggest selling album between 1984-1999. my question is, what happened around 2000 that maked the eagles albums the best between 2000-2009. the eagles were never present since the 70's. right?
so why should there are sales in the 90's or 00's??? i mean, hey, michael always was in the media. had concerts, albums, PR.... and the eagles should sold more units each weeks. what the hell!?!?!?

only question, cause we know that these sales are fake.

Back