Grrrrr so angry i can't take it!!!!!!!

*MissChanel*

Proud Member
F*%K AFP!!!!

Michael Jackson's white jewel glove on display at an auction preview in New York. Source: AFP

THE rhinestone-encrusted glove worn by pop icon Michael Jackson for his first "moonwalk" dance in 1983 sold for US$350,000 (A$380,683.05) at a frenzied auction in New York.

The sparkling piece of pop history, customised from a simple left-handed golf glove still marked Made in Korea, was the climax of an auction featuring more than 70 items from the late singer's career.

Including commission, the glove's final, pre-tax price was US$420,000. (A$456,819.66)

The presale estimate at the Music Icons sale by Julien's Auctions in New York had been for the glove to go for a modest US$40,000 (A$43,506.63) to US$60,000 (A$65,259.95).

But with Jackson mania surging five months after his death, frenzied bidders from around the world and at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York's Times Square sent the price rocketing.

Bidding for the glove opened at US$10,000, immediately shot to US$120,000, reached US$220,000 within another minute, and kept on going.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Other memorabilia sold included sparkle-encrusted shoes and socks, portraits of Charlie Chaplin drawn by Jackson as a child, an autographed shirt, a 1985 Mercedes, handwritten letters, and posters.

Almost every lot was sold, commonly at three or more times the estimated price and often at least 10 times over, with bidders from Australia, Dubai, France, Hong Kong and Japan competing by telephone or internet with the raucous, highly excited crowd in the room.

A black jacket decorated with multiple zips and buckles that Jackson wore for his 1987-1989 Bad World Tour - his first as a solo artist - sold for US$225,000 (A$244,724.82) before commission, leaving the estimated price of US$8,000-10,000 in the dust.

A fedora hat estimated to go for just US$1,000-2,000 dollars ended up going for US$22,000 (A$23,928.65).

Even a simple signed photograph of the Jackson Five sold for US$1,600 (A$1,740.27) , way above the 200-400 dollar estimate.

Jackson regularly added a single glove to his costume in concert or in his ground-breaking music videos, and many are in the hands of collectors.

Another crystal-studded white glove sold in Melbourne in September for US$49,000(A$53,295.63).

But the glove sold Saturday by Julien's has a special claim to fame as the one worn when Jackson first performed his instantly cult "moonwalk" dance.

Darren Julien of Julien's Auction said the golf glove originally cost about 30 dollars.

Jackson had it adorned with Swarovski crystals and wore it in a televised concert marking Motown's 25th anniversary during which he performed Billie Jean and unveiled the sliding, backward steps of the new dance.

"This was his most historical performance... It was his first performance of 'moonwalk.' He performed it in his kitchen at home two nights before," Julien's said.

Jackson died on June 25, aged 50, at his rented mansion in Los Angeles after an overdose of prescription drugs.
The singer revolutionised the pop music industry and created some of the world's biggest hits, but he also had a troubled personal life and was accused on several occasions of abusing small children.

He remains big business in death.

This Is It, the behind-the-scenes movie of Jackson's preparations for a comeback concert planned before his death, raked in more than US$200 million (A$217.53 million) in its first two weeks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so ANGRY right now I can't breath! What can we do to complain? This is DISGUSTING! The media are full of r.a.c.i.s.t evil sad sickening people!!!

It is PROOF that no one believes the obvious lies by the out pouring of love for MJ and the media CAN'T TAKE IT so they keep even in his death trying to make him out to be guilty when he was found NOT GUILTY, when it was so damm obvious he was INNOCENT and when the WHOLE world has proved they believe Michael. The media can GO TO HELL!!!

you know what? dont even pay them attention, they are not worth, is sickeining YES, seems it will never stop, they are bastards, thats what they are, they just want to, im not wasting my time in this, FUCK THEM...

Michael will be discovered by what he really was, the time will do it, its SO obvious they just want to throw him down no matter what, its their freaking obsession, they can go to hell, thats it, not gettin my attention again...

It is very sad to read this
very sad ..... just the glove that was his original mark the beginning of everything
Do the children will not stay with anything?

I wish we could do something about these awful insinuated lies.

Moved to Enough is Enough. These sort of articles aren't worth our time. :no:

I hate articles like this, tabloid journalism sucks. :mat: Can they at least report an Michael Jackson related story without the snide bullshit. :angry:

yes that was very harsh but they go and sell his glove then bodied him some people are just careless

I give up. NO matter how hard we try, we're still going to come across garbage like this...Just let it be. Eventually, they'll tire of this. Nothing has been ever proven, so they are all just talking through their butts right now.

Okay, I came here just to get something off my chest, I dunno where else to put this. Feel free to ignore and skip to the next post...this is just an OT rant. Sorry.

K, My roommate and his friend are in the adjacent room and I know they're talking about Michael, I know it. I can just tell by the small snippets of convo I overheard. I put on my earphones and have been blasting Invincible and HIStory, but in between songs I keep catcing pieces and I can't figure out why they are still talking about him!! Is he on t.v. or something?! Ugghhhh!!! It's driving me crazy!!! I am an extremely calm, easy-going person. I just don't get angry or upset - ever. Unless someone (especially someone I know) is talking ish about Michael. I can't control myself then. My heart pounds, my breath becomes short, my blood boils. Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeease make them stop!!! =( It hurts so much. =(

K, back on topic. Sorry.

Okay, I came here just to get something off my chest, I dunno where else to put this. Feel free to ignore and skip to the next post...this is just an OT rant. Sorry.

K, My roommate and his friend are in the adjacent room and I know they're talking about Michael, I know it. I can just tell by the small snippets of convo I overheard. I put on my earphones and have been blasting Invincible and HIStory, but in between songs I keep catcing pieces and I can't figure out why they are still talking about him!! Is he on t.v. or something?! Ugghhhh!!! It's driving me crazy!!! I am an extremely calm, easy-going person. I just don't get angry or upset - ever. Unless someone (especially someone I know) is talking ish about Michael. I can't control myself then. My heart pounds, my breath becomes short, my blood boils. Please, please, please, please, pleeeeeease make them stop!!! =( It hurts so much. =(

K, back on topic. Sorry.

Aw honey, I know how hurtful and infuriating that can be. They just have no idea...
Sending you lots of hugs and strength. :better:

Back