Favourite Christmas Song/s?

L.T.D

Proud Member
Ok, 25th November is commonly known as the official day to start listening to Christmas songs! :D

So I was just wondering what your favourite Christmas song is? :) Or if you have more than one.

My personal favourite isnt too well known, but it is from Home Alone 2. Its one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard! Its called Christmas star.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I'm a huge sucker for Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" :wub: There have been so many many remakes of that song over the years but for me his still is the best.

Also, I just adore Elton John's "Ho Ho Ho (Who'd Be A Turkey At Christmas)".
It's very cheeky :p

....'sitting here on Christmas Eve
With A brandy in my hand
I've had a few too many
And it's gettin' hard to stand'

'I keep hearing noises
From my fireplace
I must be going crazy
Or the brandy's won the race'....

:lmao: :lmao:

"Do They Know It's Christmas" performed by Band Aid is one of these songs which I listen so often on Christmas time. :D also Michael's "Heal The World", "We Are The World", "You Are Not Alone" and all these beautiful ballads. Also J5's Christmas Album of course :D

Feliz Navidad ~ Jose Feliciano
Hey America ~ James Brown
Christmas Ain't Christmas New Years Ain't New Years ~ O'Jays
Silent Nite ~ En Vogue
Wonderful Christmastime ~ Paul McCartney
Up On The Rooftop ~ Jackson 5
What Do The Lonely Do At Christmas ~ The Emotions
I Want To Come Home For Christmas ~ Marvin Gaye
This Christmas ~ Donny Hathaway
Last Christmas ~ Wham!
Another Lonely Christmas ~ Prince & The Revolution
Merry Christmas Baby ~ Charles Brown
Silent Night {1980 version, although the 1960's one is cool too} ~ The Temptations
I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing ~ New Seekers {not really a Christmas song, but was in an old Coca Cola commercial that they used to show at Christmas}
Christmas Rappin' ~ Kurtis Blow
Christmas In Hollis ~ Run-DMC
Christmas In My Heart ~ The Jets
Christmas Everyday ~ Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year ~ Johnny Mathis
Christmas All Over The World ~ New Edition
The Christmas Song ~ Nat King Cole
Grandma Got Ran Over By A Raindeer ~ Elmo & Patti
Jinglebell Rock ~ Hall & Oates
Christmas Love ~ Rotary Connection
Sleigh Ride ~ Alexander O'Neal
Baby It's Cold Outside ~ Lou Rawls & Dianne Reeves
Christmas At Ground Zero ~ Weird Al Yankovic
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town ~ Bruce Springsteen
Jesus, What A Wonderful Child ~ Mariah Carey
Santa Baby ~ Eartha Kitt or Madonna
Ave Maria ~ Stevie Wonder
Please Come Home For Christmas ~ The Eagles
Let It Snow ~ Boyz II Men & Brian McKnight
Run Rudolph Run ~ Chuck Berry
Happy Xmas (War Is Over) ~ John Lennon, Yoko Ono, & The Harlem Community Choir
Step Into Christmas ~ Elton John
Do They Know It's Christmas ~ Band Aid
Reggae Christmas ~ Bryan Adams
Christmas Wrapping ~ The Waitresses
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You ~ Billy Squier

"do they know it's christmas" by band aid and instrumental "sleigh ride" are my favorites :)

Ok, 25th November is commonly known as the official day to start listening to Christmas songs! :D

So I was just wondering what your favourite Christmas song is? :) Or if you have more than one.

My personal favourite isnt too well known, but it is from Home Alone 2. Its one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard! Its called Christmas star.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

aaahhhh...its nice to find another person mention this song. i think Home Alone has a great Christmas soundtrack, both 1 and 2. this song gives me chills. i also like their Carol of the Bells version. i love choirs of children, reminds me when i was in choir as a kid i guess.

Im a Christmas song freak, i can listen to them in summertime! i like the classic songs. the old fashioned sounding songs you hear every year on the radio. i dont really care for the modernized-trying-to-make-xmas music-popish-modern for pop stations. maybe some past songs from the 80's are okay. but with Destinys child's past christmas album (and among other artists) i can only stand two songs on there because it lacks traditional sounds im used to.

theres so many great songs that artists redo over and over to mention. so i'll only say a unique one 'Hard Candy Christmas' /by Dolly Parton i like the lyrics and title.

After watching "Home Alone 2" there was no doubt that "Jingle Bell Rock" would be my Christmas song forever :D - Love this song!

[youtube]n50r-EwCuLw[/youtube]

"Aspenglow" is and will always be my favorite Christmas song of all time! Mainly for childhood attachments with it. I grew up with John Denver...my Dad always sang his songs on guitar - I'd often fall asleep at night hearing him playing out in the living room. Ever year when we decorated for Christmas...and often when we'd just turn out all the lights in the house except for the Christmas tree lights..and watch the snow fall outside our windows...we'd listen to this song. So it just feels very magical to me. :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Cy-QTA5aM

GIVE LOVE ON CHRISTMAS DAY - JACKSON 5
my all time favorite xmas song since i was a little girl

Last edited:
this is xmas (war is over) john lennon
believe ................... josh groban
santa baby.............ertha kitt
grown up christmas list......amy grant or michael buble
last xmas.............wham
merry xmas darling............the carpenters
white xmas.................bing crosby
christmas shoes ......................new song
same auld lang syne..................dan fogelberg
rocking round the xmas tree ........brenda lee
and many many more

Top 3:

O' Holy Night
- the version I saw in a movie once, and can't remember what or who sang it.. it had the most amazing instumental!

Where Are You Christmas - Quiana Parler

Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl

:santa:

Im a Christmas song freak, i can listen to them in summertime!

Me too!
I have a lot of favourites I'll list a few

Do they know it's christmas - Band aid
Thank god it's christmas - Queen
Happy christmas (war is over) - John Lennon
Jingle bell rock :)
Driving home for christmas - Chris Rea
Where are you christmas - Faith hill

Why couldn't it be christmas everyday - Bianca Ryan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_H7_WtSf38

Last edited:
aaahhhh...its nice to find another person mention this song. i think Home Alone has a great Christmas soundtrack, both 1 and 2.

Yay! Someone else who knows it haha :D

I URGE EVERYONE HERE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG I POSTED. THERE IS NO OTHER SONG THAT CAPTURES THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS LIKE IT.

ANY CHORAL CHRISTMAS CLASSIC!!!!

Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters

The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole version

Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt

Gotta listen to the Nutcracker Suite in its entirety by Tchaikovsky

...hell there's just too damn many!

Oh I love Christmas songs, I have sooo many favourites. I usually get my christmas mode on sometime in october and start to burn candles and listen to my christmas albums. :wub: Because one month simply isn't enough to enjoy my favourite holiday!

To mention a few:
White Christmas
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire...)
O Holy Night
and many many more!

Aside from the classics, I also enjoy Last Christmas and All I Want For Christmas, and JINGLE BELL ROCK! Home Alone ftw definitely :D

Im a fan of all the main ones obviously, like:

Paul McCartney- Wonderful Christmas time
Shakin Stevens- Merry Christmas Everyone
Mariah Carey- All I want for Christmas is you
Wham- Last Christmas
The Pogues- Fairytale of New York
Slade- Merry Christmas Everybody
Wizard- I wish it could be Christmas everyday
The entire Home Alone soundtrack
Brenda Lee- Rockin around the Christmas tree
John lennon- Happy Xmas (War is over)
Bing Cosby- White Christmas
Chris Rea- Driving Home for Christmas
Darlene Love- All alone on Christmas

Thats a Christmas Greatest Hits album right there ;)

Oh and a more recent one is The Darkness- Christmas time (Dont let the bells end), I think its by far the best Christmas song of the 00's! Havent really had a stand out one since sadly :\

Paul Mccartney - wonderful christmas time.
Andy Williams - it's the most wonderful time of the year.
Wham - last christmas.
J5 - Santa clause is coming to town.
Band Aid - do they know it's christmas time.

I could listen all day to these songs, though my brother doesn't like that so I keep myself silenced whole day :p

MC

Here's a new song if anyone is interested. It's alright.
[youtube]wrlfL54EIV0[/youtube]

Awww yes. Thanks for digging up my old thread :D Cant wait to start listening to all these again. :D

My favorite band, Chicago's Christmas album is excellent. It's called "What's It Gonna Be Santa?" They had a previous release called Chicago 25 but later re-released the Christmas album using a new title with additional songs added. One of the reasons I love this CD is because the Christmas songs they cover don't sound like traditional Christmas songs. They have been "Chicagoized" and treated with the band's signature jazz/rock/horns sound. Another reason I love this album is due to lead singer/bassist, Jason Scheff (you have GOT to hear his version of "This Christmas" which unfortunately, is not on youtube). I highly recommend this album...

Chicago's live version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" (Jason Scheff on lead vocals):

Live version of "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow":

Plus, I love many of the ones you guys have already listed! :)

i love ALL Christmas songs! But my favourite has always been..plain and simple...'The Christmas Song' :heart: I also love 'Carol of the Bells', 'The First Noel', 'White Christmas'...

I'm not Christian, or even much of a theist to be perfectly honest, however, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate good Christmas music. I guess my favourite would have to be:

Little Drummer Boy, as sung by Celtic Woman. Something about a humble, poor child having nothing but the gift of music to give just moves my heart. I cry every time I hear this song.

Jackie Wilson

[youtube]UV_OdNxIoa4[/youtube]
[youtube]h6en8FyeyYA[/youtube]
[youtube]6LudpQoMliM[/youtube]

Back