Selena Quintanilla Pérez

Dutchie

Guests
Any fans of Selena on this board?

She was an amazing singer and performer. She was on her way to international megastardom when she was murdered by her assistant Yolanda Saldivar.

Like Michael, she was amazingly kind to her fans. Putting them first, and her fans cared about her. I guess now we know how her fans felt at the time when she was murdered.

Rest in peace Selena. I miss you. :(

Selena_quintanilla_perez.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing person indeed.
One of the songs she was meant to record for her last album in 1995, was "Baby I'm in Heaven" (ironic title, I know). It was given to Rebbie (Michael's sister) and she put it on her album "Faithfully yours" as a tribute to Selena.

when i was abou 12 years old i use to LOVe selena and still to this day i do i rember the day that she died we just moved into this big house and when i heard she died i rember felling it was my falut for some reson for moving into that house and i wanted to move back home to bring Selena back!!!!!! i was about 13 i rember

when i was abou 12 years old i use to LOVe selena and still to this day i do i rember the day that she died we just moved into this big house and when i heard she died i rember felling it was my falut for some reson for moving into that house and i wanted to move back home to bring Selena back!!!!!! i was about 13 i rember

awwww:better:

I LOVE Selena I'm a big fan of hers. MJ and Selena are my fave artist ever!! I got lots of Cd's, I got her doll, necklace, books, Dvd's and I recorded lots of her specials and things on tape! I became a fan at age 14 in 97 after she passed! :( I have pics of her on my myspace page and two pics I drew of her myself! Great to know that others like her and MJ as well! She loved the Jacksons her brother A.B said MJ was an influence on them! I have Selena on tape on stage doing the moonwalk! :D Her song "I could fall in love" is part of the ATV catalog!

^great song.
i did not know that info on Rebbie, thanks for sharing that.
i actually did not find out about her until she died, which is weird since im part latina.
i wouldn't say im a hardcore fan, but i do own a cd that i enjoy listening too. personally, i prefer her spanish songs the most.
i remember girls i went to school with would do their hair like hers and wear the red lips, and thought she was the most gorgeous, talented girl. :cough: Grammy winner :cough:
her at the Grammys and talking about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcArQRQ2eGE

who knows what else she could have done with her career if she was still alive. but, im happy atleast she got accomplish alot with her personal/professional life before that *bleep* took it away.

have you guys hear the song " where did the felling go "???? that she sings gosh heard it last night was crying like a baby thinking of my friend

Wow, what a coincidence. I was thinking about her last night and decided to google her name with Michael's to see what came up. I love Selena. :wub:

Love her!! Beautiful voice and great songs. She was sooo beautiful.

And yet another wonderful person who left this World too young. :cry:

IJCSLY always sounded like something she'd sing to me (and if she'd done the duet on the Spanish version, whew, dynamite!)

Ive always wondered what music would be like if she was still here. She was and amazing singer and beautiful person. Without her, Jennifer Lopez would not be where she is today, alot of people would not be where they are today. Dreaming of you is an awesome song, I listen to it every night:)

Oh she was great, I remember when she was murdered, I listened to her stuff for days non stop. She was such a kind person too. Sadness.

Ive always wondered what music would be like if she was still here. She was and amazing singer and beautiful person. Without her, Jennifer Lopez would not be where she is today, alot of people would not be where they are today. Dreaming of you is an awesome song, I listen to it every night:)

I agree with you. Selena really was an example for someone like JLO. I was young when Selena was murdered and over here in Europe I don't think there was much coverage on her (that I can remember). I only discovered her a couple of years ago when I saw the movie "Selena" and loved it. She seemed like an awesome person and an even better performer.

Selena has more then 10 English songs that she recorded in her lifetime I wish her family would of took an all English album out! Her Dreaming of you album was a mix of Spanish and English, which I loved, but they had enough to make it all English if they wanted and still could!

These are all the English songs that I have from her mixed albums and some of yous heard them before but, these are the ones that can/could have be an English solo album: :) :(

Where did the feeling go
A boy like that
My love
Is it the beat
A million to one
always mine
Dreaming of you
I could fall in love
missing my baby
I'm getting used to you
Captive Heart
Feelings
Always Mine
Last Dance/the hustle/on the radio
Is it the beat
Give me one more Chance
Call me

There all very good! Some have been remixed as well which I have too on different albums so they could have been bonuses on an English album....I WISH!

Selena has more then 10 English songs that she recorded in her lifetime I wish her family would of took an all English album out! Her Dreaming of you album was a mix of Spanish and English, which I loved, but they had enough to make it all English if they wanted and still could!

These are all the English songs that I have from her mixed albums and some of yous heard them before but, these are the ones that can/could have be an English solo album: :) :(

Where did the feeling go
A boy like that
My love
Is it the beat
A million to one
always mine
Dreaming of you
I could fall in love
missing my baby
I'm getting used to you
Captive Heart
Feelings
Always Mine
Last Dance/the hustle/on the radio
Is it the beat
Give me one more Chance
Call me

There all very good! Some have been remixed as well which I have too on different albums so they could have been bonuses on an English album....I WISH!

The "Dreaming of you" album was supposed to be an entirely English one but Selena never got the chance to record the remaining songs because she died on the day she was supposed to record them.

But yeah they could have put the other English songs on there...

The "Dreaming of you" album was supposed to be an entirely English one but Selena never got the chance to record the remaining songs because she died on the day she was supposed to record them.

But yeah they could have put the other English songs on there...

Her songs in spainsh are really awesome too. I think my favorite is No me queda mas. It s really beautiful.

Her songs in spainsh are really awesome too. I think my favorite is No me queda mas. It s really beautiful.
I'm sad to say my Spanish is not good enough to understand what she is singing.....but I love "Como la flor" and "Piribiri Bamba" :D

She started learning at about age nine. I fell in love with her and her music around that time because the movie had just come out and I really had only started to know who she was after she died. She is in my top five personal favorite singers along with Michael and Janet and I love how she and Michael were both dedicated to their fan bases.

I have her Amor Prohibido album & the Ones CD. I also have her last concert DVD & a DVD of some of her performances. I din't listen to her as much as I used to but the songs I like are No Me Queda Mas, Techno Cumbia (Remix), I Could Fall In Love & Dreaming Of You.
imgacto8.jpg

Selena is from my hometown Lake Jackson, Texas. And she is huuuuuuuuge around here, my best friends mom is Still friends with her parents. She worked in their restaurant, that's now a day care that she owns (friends mom). She was an amazing artist.

Any fans of Selena on this board?

She was an amazing singer and performer. She was on her way to international megastardom when she was murdered by her assistant Yolanda Saldivar.

Like Michael, she was amazingly kind to her fans. Putting them first, and her fans cared about her. I guess now we know how her fans felt at the time when she was murdered.

Rest in peace Selena. I miss you. :(

Selena_quintanilla_perez.jpg

Iam a fan of selena..wow 14 years has pass right?

I love Selena... and I like some of her songs. She was very beautiful inside and out. RIP.

Back