Speed Demon Appreciation Thread

analogue

Proud Member
I know alot of fans dislike this one but i've always loved it. Speed Demon just shows that Michael is always thinking outside of the box as a songwriter (Like what Quincy Jones said on the Bad special addition album) and i love the falsetto bridge

and you gotta love how he sings ''Pull over boy and get your ticket right''

i love speed demon!!!! and the "Pull over boy and get your ticket right'' part is the best lol especially the video!!! i love the dance off with spike lol

I love 'Speed Demon' - it was the first song I listened to in my car once I passed my driving test lol! For me personally, the video clip from Moonwalker just makes it though - the dance-off is brilliant :D I never tire of watching that!

How can one dislike it? The beat is funky, agree 100% about the falsetto. Not to mention the Moonwalker movie bit as well, funny stuff he did with the Claymaytion, and the dancing- :punk:

I don't why but I love the part w the vocal ad libs "ughh!.. AAAAH!...ughh!...WHOOO! " lol

How can one dislike it? The beat is funky, agree 100% about the falsetto. Not to mention the Moonwalker movie bit as well, funny stuff he did with the Claymaytion, and the dancing- :punk:

I don't why but I love the part w the vocal ad libs "ughh!.. AAAAH!...ughh!...WHOOO! " lol

Me too :lol: I always love it when he ad libs though :p

I absolutely LOVE Speed Demon...When I was little, it was one of the first songs I'd listen to when I listened to Bad...I still love it as much today...I love his voice in it...His "rough growl", and then the falsetto, and the the ad libs...Especially the "WHOOOO!" I love it!

love the production on this one.
very electro... and unique.

Totally agree.

Man, I don't get how anyone could dislike this song.

And I love the little vocal adlibs that RockWithYou28 mentioned! That's my favorite part. Always turn the volume way up when that part comes up, haha.

Also YES, the falsetto bridge is amazing. The first time I heard it I thought "wow, this guy is definitely something special".

I know why....Cuz it's Michael and he sounds amazing!! lol

I love Speed Demon as well. It's an awesome track (the horns and the bass are my favourite). Maybe the lyrics aren't Michael's usual "poetic" and "deep" messages, but it's a really fun song and I'm sure he had a great time recording it and shooting those awesome scenes in Moonwalker.

I've been thinking a lot about Michael's least-known songs....

and for some reason I've been listening to them more than his hits....

Speed Demon just gets better and better everytime I hear it... I was listening to the Bad album last night and I must have repeated Speed Demon at least 3 times... :lol:

I was dancing and singing to the 'Pull over boy and get your ticket right..."

Also, I've been obssesed with She drives me wild too... Hahahaha!!!

I've been thinking a lot about Michael's least-known songs....

and for some reason I've been listening to them more than his hits....

Speed Demon just gets better and better everytime I hear it... I was listening to the Bad album last night and I must have repeated Speed Demon at least 3 times... :lol:

I was dancing and singing to the 'Pull over boy and get your ticket right..."

Also, I've been obssesed with She drives me wild too... Hahahaha!!!

I listen to his less known songs more than the hits...It's like a part of Michael that is just for us, as his fans, as opposed to the general public who are mostly just familiar with his massive hits, which are awesome as well, of course.....

I never understood why so many people didn't like it as I absolutly love it. I think its a great song and very catchy. Plus, who couldn't love the dance off?

007g.png

how can anyone not be into this?

and the song is great when you are going for a ride.

Speed Demon just shows that Michael is always thinking outside of the box as a songwriter (Like what Quincy Jones said on the Bad special addition album) and i love the falsetto bridge

I couldn't agree more. I liked this song after watching Moonwalker. At the first listen, it was very unusual, everything about it is unexpected: the lyrics, the rhythm and all those car noises. I thought the song was weird but then I was caught by the falsetto bridge and, boy, I love to (try) to imitate Michael on that part!

I love the song and video!! I remember waching the video alot when I was a kid!! :)

OMMMGGGGG!!!!

This song is so awesome

my fav line is

"You preachin bout my life like your the law"

this was my favorite part in Moonwalker, especially the dance scene and that GORGE smile he gives at the end.

I never heard anything like this.

"Eat yo ticket, get yo ticket, a-eat yo, get yo...WHOOOOO!" LOVE that part! It's a fun song to work out to, gets me all pumped!

"Eat yo ticket, get yo ticket, a-eat yo, get yo...WHOOOOO!" LOVE that part! It's a fun song to work out to, gets me all pumped!

:lmao: I love that part too!

That was just plain awesome! Everytime I see someone speeding on the road, I think, "I hope you eat your ticket once the police pulls you over..." :lol:

Sometimes when I feel a little "down" I watch the speed demon movie and it makes me happy for a while.

Back