Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Invincible a good album ?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Is Invincible a good album ?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    LMAO, I've acutally hit my head in the ceiling while dancing as a kid (in a place with not too high of a ceiling though) :lol:
    :lol:...ouch!!
    Well I'm quite short (5ft2 ) sooo I can dance without hitting ma head

But yeah some songs on Invincble just make me wanna :dance:
    you are the moon that glows in my heart

ღ ♥ ღ

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

It is a good album. But it is really... different than other MJ albums - it's not a classic MJ album. It is ahead of its time I believe. And it is too long. BTW, can't believe someone above listed Unbrekable, Whatever Happens and Threatened as weak - IMO those are some of the strongest on the album.

I believe , now I say it is my opinion only that it should have been without a few tracks , and that some tracks needed to be redone. But then again,some of them really have their own magic - So you can't say that the album isn't inovative- it's just whether it's your cup of tea. It may be repetitive at times ,but I believe that it is cause of the bad tracklist.

First three songs , which I love btw, strike you as similar,but they are really good - Unbreakable is a powerful opener, Heartbreaker is I believe the fastest MJ song ever and it's got the cool beatboxing and Invincible is really modern. Break of Dawn and Heaven Can Wait took me a while to distinguish cause of the similar theme and smoothness. YRMW is a pure jewel IMO. Butterflies is so soulful and r'n'b. Speechless I used to find pretty "Disney" but my God... listen to the song on your headphones and turn it up. I guarantee you will be dwelling with tears. It's Michael speaking from his soul. A Capella. Just his voice. I realized this only a few days ago. It's magic. It is a cocky song - but it's Michael and that's why it is wonderful. And it's based on Michael's voice only for a large part of the song - again something new. Then comes 2000 Watts,even though I am not a fan is something that you might find on the new Black Eyed Peas album. You Are My Life - I personally don't like this song ,but it has some nice harmonies at the end and it's for his kids I believe. Privacy is my least fav MJ song I think but it has the amazing camera flash as the main beat of the song - isn't that original as hell?! Don't Walk Away may be yet another ballad but what is really good about this song is that its chorus so to say basically starts almost at the end. It just should have been more "produced" add a few more instruments to make it more complete. Maybe Michael wanted to achieve a minimalistic sound approach here. I am not an expert in music but I do like to extinguish some stuff
    Cry was supposed to be this decade's MITM. It may not be that original I must admit but it has a very good message - and the sentence "If we all cry at the same time tonight" - connected with the video ... Inspiring. The Lost Children ... Hmm... Shouldn't have been put next to Cry - again the problem with bad track listing. The song would have had a bigger impact if Cry were earlier on the album I believe. Whatever Happens - a style Michael had never done before. And it's got his deep voice. It is a sin that this song was never a single. Such a shame. And it is on its perfect spot at the album. Just like Threatened. The beat may be similar to the first 3 songs - but that's the main thing in Invincible .(just like the New Jack Swing stuff on Dangerous WYWTOM, SDMW and ICLHGA are really similar when stripped down to the beat only) . What makes Threatened so special is the beginning and the end of the song. Turn it up and you will hear a bird croak at the start, a spooky atmosphere and then BAM! This Is It showed the song at its full potential. It's bumpy, it makes you wanna move. And then the rap made of the speaking of "whatshisname" guy from Twilight Zone (can't remember really ) ... Pure genius of an idea.

So all in all - No. Invincible is not a bad album. It just didn't live up to MJ's standards. Had there been a better promotion, videos,tour which would have been Goddamn amazing - Invincible would have been a classic - despite its terrible tracklist and too much songs.

P.S. If it were me, I would have taken away Heaven Can Wait, The Lost Children, You Are My Life and Privacy and put it We've Had Enough and Escape. Let's say. Just giving an opinion so don't hate
    Last edited by dangerous_88; 13-12-2009 at 02:53 AM.
    In this vague world of sorrow and frailty, only the Artist can leave an eternal footprint in the sands of time,thereby resisting the strongest of winds, and coming as near to immortality as possible.

You made my life special...and I will forever be grateful for that. I WILL pay back to you, I swear. I love you,Michael...and I'll love you as long as I am breathing...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And I'm hoping that my prayers will see
    the day that You'll come back to me...

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
    But with sampled you might meant that it sounds like Unbreakable is just a sampled loop that goes over and over again? (that actually make sense)

Yes that is EXACTLY what I meant to say with sampled.. like a loop playing over and over.
    Your comments on dangerous are spot on. BTW it is also my favorite album.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_88 View Post
    P.S. If it were me, I would have taken away Heaven Can Wait, You Are My Life and Privacy and put it We've Had Enough and Escape. Let's say. Just giving an opinion so don't hate
    yes in my opnion BOTDF and invincible should have been 1 album together 1CD! Take those 3-4 songs out from invinclbe and put in BOTDF, Morphine and Ghosts in there and it would have been pure dynamite!

. Speechless I used to find pretty "Disney" but my God... listen to the song on your headphones and turn it up. I guarantee you will be dwelling with tears. It's Michael speaking from his soul. A Capella. Just his voice
    yes I also said the same thing. That "Disney" thing you describe is MJ in his purest music form and which is why I think Speechless is most MJ-ish song on invincble. Of course it is no wonder that no other producers worked on it...
    Last edited by Club30s; 13-12-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Good album? NO WAY
    It's an incredible record, stunning. LOVE LOVE LOVE Invincible

'Nothin's real, but all is possible, if God is on my side'
    Michael Jackson

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Invincible is probably my favourite Mikey album. It is just amazing.. Every song is a classic..

"Success, fame and fortune. They are all illusions. All there is that is real, is the friendship that two can share."

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Club30s View Post

yes in my opnion BOTDF and invincible should have been 1 album together 1CD! Take those 3-4 songs out from invinclbe and put in BOTDF, Morphine and Ghosts in there and it would have been pure dynamite!

Without Is It Scary? That has to be one of the best songs he ever made.
    In this vague world of sorrow and frailty, only the Artist can leave an eternal footprint in the sands of time,thereby resisting the strongest of winds, and coming as near to immortality as possible.

You made my life special...and I will forever be grateful for that. I WILL pay back to you, I swear. I love you,Michael...and I'll love you as long as I am breathing...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And I'm hoping that my prayers will see
    the day that You'll come back to me...

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

BTW, can't believe someone above listed Unbrekable, Whatever Happens and Threatened as weak - IMO those are some of the strongest on the album.

You Are My Life - I personally don't like this song ,but it has some nice harmonies at the end and it's for his kids I believe.

P.S. If it were me, I would have taken away Heaven Can Wait, The Lost Children, You Are My Life and Privacy and put it We've Had Enough and Escape. Let's say. Just giving an opinion so don't hate
    If you're referring to my post, then what I meant with "stand-out songs" is that they stand out on the album - that they are what I think most people would appreciate to be a songs that are above average
    "It stands out from the crowd"

Hehe, I love "You Are My Life", it's my second favourite song after "Heaven Can Wait" - and I also love "The Lost Children", so screw you for wanting to take them off :P :lol:
    I'd love to hear a finalized version of We've Had Enough instead of Privacy though.
    I could exchange some other song for "Shout" also, to get a difference in the contrast of the album.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I love it, it's not the MJ we were used to but he was experimenting and it worked. I'm sure it will stand through time as a great album despite it's average reviews at the time.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

underrated!
    though we're far apart you're always in my heart
    www.mjfangirl.com
    my blog where i write about my adventures walking in michael's footsteps and
    attending fan events around the world

instagram @mjfangirlblog
    twitter @mjfangirlblog

JMie

Invincible is an AMAZING album!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwalkman View Post
    Definitely yes!
    Ditto!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianelesley View Post
    Speechless - need I say more

To be honest I didn’t like it to begin with. It was different and not like all other Hip Hop & RnB or Latino inspired music that was popular during that time. But when I really started to listen to every song I found Speechless & Unbreakable I just loved it. I even like 2000Watts just imagine what a show it would be if he would start the 3D part of his show with you may now apply your 3D glasses … And all the effects they could have to that song. It’s a great Album. In a radio interview they asked MJ if God would give you one last chance to sing what song would it be? He said he could not choose because there are so many Like Heal The World, Will you be there and so on but If I could pick three songs just like that now it would be Heal The World, Speechless last but not least he said Unbreakable. If I remember correctly these where the songs It was so MJ to ask for Healing the world then say he is Speechless before he leaves tell us all that he is Unbreakable.
    Don't let the shadows of yesterday spoil the sunshine of tomorrow.
    Live for today

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

yes of course I like Invincible

I MISS YOU MICHAEL

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Is Invincible a good album ?

I LOVE:

*Speechless
    *Cry
    *You Rock My World
    * Break of Dawn
    *Whatever Happens
    *You Are My Life

I agree with people here who said that its different than other MJ albums. I love it so much..more love and calm songs. This album is definitely more mature.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I love this album.

Speechless and Whatever Happens I love those two songs so much.

I think it's very underrated. I just love it But then, I love every album by Mikey :P

In Our Darkest Hour, In My Deepest Despair, Will You Still Care? Will You Be There?

I love you Michael. Now, always and forever