The Investigation Surrounding Conrad Murray Thread (ALL POSTS/ARTICLES on Charges, etc. GO HERE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forevernmyheart

Proud Member
MSNBC reports that Los Angeles prosecutors and the LAPD are seeking manslaughter charges against Dr. Murray and they'll be going to a grand jury in 2010.

This is the only link I could find at the moment: Jackson Doctor Conrad Murray to Avoid Murder Charge? -Newsroom| Posted on 12/28/09|Filed Under Pop Culture, Michael Jackson

Embattled physician Conrad Murray will likely evade murder charges related to the death of Michael Jackson if sources close to the Los Angeles District Attorney's office are correct. According to the Daily Beast, prosecutors have decided to avoid a complicated murder charge and will instead look to charge the same man who administered what has been called a "lethal cocktail" of drugs with manslaughter. While currently, Dr. Murray is allowed to practice, sources say he could be charged early next year when prosecuters present their case to a grand jury. Dr. Murray has been under investigation since Jackson's death June 25. http://www.singersroom.com/news/5000/...Search + Results *article from another fansite.

Re: Dr. Conrad Murray to Avoid Murder Charge?

info comes from the daily beast site as posted in the investigation section. they are pro murray so hopefully this info is false

I'll wait to hear from a legitimate news source. MSNBC isn't one either.

daily beast. that's an appropriate name for that tabloid.

the term 'embattled physician', is a term designed to make the subject of the term, look like a victim.

no..the investigation isn't over, but using that term, is making a judgement in the other direction.

and that kind of compassion has never been shown, with that kind of consistency, for Michael. it's also, interesting, how that tabloid finds it easy to call the guy a physician, even though he has a questionable record, prior to June 25.

if anything, a neutral term should be used, such as 'Dr. Conrad Murray'. simple as that.

the daily beast that said once MJ should be blamed for his death and murray was taken advantage of by MJ ... whatever

DailyBeast isn't a tabloid, it's a blog and they have ties with Diane Dimond. I wouldn't take this information to heart.

DailyBeast isn't a tabloid, it's a blog and they have ties with Diane Dimond. I wouldn't take this information to heart.

hard to distinguish. even the way you described it.

I hope that it isnt true info.. Tablotrash...:/

Thanks for the info Trish, because I was about to flip out if this was actually true. :mello:

Thanks for the info, I had no idea what kind of site that is. And when I read the article my heart sank. I hope this info is not true.

lets hope dimond isnt sleeping with half of the LA D.A's office now after going through the SB one

Hope this isn't true. How would they know this?

I just want justice to prevail and am willing to wait. Though I know there is a higher possibility of waiting in vain than Murray being convicted.

Last edited:

well if we hear things early jan about a GJ being set up. and the date of jan 18th was given in court re keeping the warrant sealed.time will tell

i don't trust grand juries, by the way. one convicted Michael of child molestation, before his trial. and another, once convicted Barry Bonds of using steroids..and he has yet to test positive. so, it's possible that they could convict Michael of killing himself, and find a way to let the 'doctor' off. i just don't see a grand jury as being a real jury.

a sportscaster once coined the phrase 'a grand jury can indict a ham sandwich'. i believe that sportscaster is right.

Shame on LAPD if they are leaking information to a tabloid. I could imagine the police going with manslaughter, the second degree murder as I understand it has to be able to convince a jury that there was malice towards the victim, and that might be difficult, they may worry that if they go with that he could get off, with manslaughter he does get jail time.

I believe that anyone who was so wreckless as to do what he did should be charged with murder, at the very least he showed no regard for Michael's life, but I still think someone could have paid him to do it.

Really hope this isn't true. Murray needs to be put up on a second degree murder charge, not manslaughter. I'm sure Murray didn't mean to kill Michael but he did, his negligence killed Michael, and it could have been prevented. Three kids wouldn't have had the pain of losing their father and millions of fans around the world wouldn't have had their hearts broken if Murray had of just stayed in the room. Manslaughter isn't enough.

i don't trust grand juries, by the way. one convicted Michael of child molestation, before his trial. and another, once convicted Barry Bonds of using steroids..and he has yet to test positive. so, it's possible that they could convict Michael of killing himself, and find a way to let the 'doctor' off. i just don't see a grand jury as being a real jury.

GJ's dont convict anyone they replace a premliminary hearing. frankly i dont see how they are even allowed. totally unfair

I'll wait to hear from a legitimate news source. MSNBC isn't one either.
I agree. They have the lowest ratings of the cable news networks, and they are a total JOKE. Just the fact that they report as "news" a story coming from a tabloid is a good indication of what kind of "news" agency they are. :rolleyes2:

Manslaughter??? WTF?? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that only if you were trying to defend yourself? & I can say this, nobody was trying to "Defend himself" from MJ...

This is so not fair- if its legitimate.

are you guys surprised? I've been saying from Day 1 that Michael will never get justice from those bastards at LAPD.

I am very disturbed how this investigation has been handled. Its been seven months and there hasnt been an arrest yet on a homicide case? LAPD is a joke foreal.

Killer Murray should avoid freedom and be put behind bars. There is something very wrong with this planet, there is no justice or there is no justice system???It gets me sick, wish I could live on another planet...

The real story behind this whole thing is not out! The ppl. Yes, not person, But People behind Michael's Passing are not out! The pressure is on Murry now but Personally, I dont think he's the real source of this happening. And when the real ppl. behind this horrible...horrifying nightmare are relieved ...God will see this through...no doubt.

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:

Dont belive it- TOTAL UTTER TRASH!

So how much time will he get when charged with manslaughter?
Obviously its a lot less than murder charges.

I suppose I could look this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back