What happen to Wayne and Bill Bray?

sannahchu

Proud Member
Can someone help me.......and tell me what happen to these two bodyguards of MJ? I've seen them Bill Bray prominently during Bad Tours and Wayne after Bad tours? Did they had a falling out with MJ?

Wanye and his brother Skipper were employed by Michael all the way up to approx 2000. The last time I saw them was in London in May 2000, when Michael was with Elizabeth Taylor. Something happened ,in LA, in the summer I think. Apparently they were taking Prince and Paris home from somewhere and the children were not using seatbelts and were hanging out the open car windows , like children often do and were photographed by paps who were following them. The next time Michael was seen out and about there was a new security team.

Thanks for the info......too bad he looks so loyal and protective of MJ during Dangerous and history tours.....how about Bill Bray...he's somewhat a father-figure to him....before and during Bad tours.....

bill bray died quite recently... and prior to that i think he just became too old to be michaels first in hand bodyguard.

i used to like Wayne but when i heard very unpleasant rumours about him after HIStory tour i stopped liking him. may be they were not true but i dont know...

bill retired as he was old and died maybe sometime around 04 or abit later. offically wayne retired due to back issues like moon said around 2001. still had contact with mj though. he testifyed in the avram case and helped get rid of the stupid kaplan accusation by brining documents to the case to show where mj was in 83 or so.he was at the F aswell. lot of fans had big respect for wayne.there was abit of talk about skipper though and the ladies

I think Wayne was amazing. I think he truly cared for Michael. I haven't heard any rumours about him.

yeah the majority of fans who were around then have nothing but respect for wayne. u knew where u stood with him he was great at his job loved mj and showed resepct to us aswell.

Yeah, Wayne was cool. Missed seen MJ with Bray when he had to retire. As far as I remember the re is a single cover with The Jacksons
or some kind of promo pic that Wayne is in with brothers. Can't remember what it was though.

Yes, Wayne seemed like a great guy. He also attended Michael's funeral.

Anybody remember Yannick (tall, handsome Black guy), another one of Michael's bodyguards? I know he worked alongside Wayne during the HIStory/BOTDF eras.

i used to like Wayne but when i heard very unpleasant rumours about him after HIStory tour i stopped liking him. may be they were not true but i dont know...

What rumors? I haven't heard anything bad said about Wayne so far. :mello:

bill retired as he was old and died maybe sometime around 04 or abit later. offically wayne retired due to back issues like moon said around 2001. still had contact with mj though. he testifyed in the avram case and helped get rid of the stupid kaplan accusation by brining documents to the case to show where mj was in 83 or so.he was at the F aswell. lot of fans had big respect for wayne.there was abit of talk about skipper though and the ladies

What kind of talk? :bugeyed

I think Wayne was amazing. I think he truly cared for Michael. I haven't heard any rumours about him.

I agree. Wayne was GREAT! :yes: :kickass: I always hoped MJ would have a team like Wayne/Yannick around him again. They were like the "dream team". Well, after Bill Bray. Bill Bray was like the "king of bodyguards". :lol:

The bodyguard I liked the LEAST was Attila.

I have never heard a bad word said against Wayne. The bodyguard of MJ's I don't like is Matt Fiddes and that's not just from the Devon documentary. My mum's family knows him as they live in the same town as Fiddes, and my uncle really doesn't like him.

I have never heard a bad word said against Wayne. The bodyguard of MJ's I don't like is Matt Fiddes and that's not just from the Devon documentary. My mum's family knows him as they live in the same town as Fiddes, and my uncle really doesn't like him.

I don't think Matt Fiddes can really be called MJ's bodyguard anyways since he never travelled with MJ and never was his MAIN bodyguard. He was just "added security" during the London trip in 2002. But his main bodyguards then were Mike LaPerruque and that one gray haired guy (whose name I don't know). The ones I know so far are Bill Bray, Wayne, Yannick, Skipper, Attila, Mike, the gray haired dude, Kerry, Bashir (or something like that), Alberto Alvarez was his main bodyguard during the last years I think. In London he had only Alberto with him as far as I know of, and had these three English guys as "added security" when he went somewhere, but those guys left the hotel in the evenings. I'm assuming though that he had an extra bodyguard who stayed in the hotel with the kids when he went to the press conference...but I never saw any of the guys, that were usually with him in L.A., during the London trip.

Bodyguards:

Bill Bray/ Wayne 80's

Wayne/Yannick early-mid 90's

Wayne/Skipper late 90's

Skipper/Attila 1999 -2001?

Mike/ gray haired dude 2002-2004?

Kerry/Bashir ? 2005-2007?

Alberto/?? 2007-2009

I wonder why he kept changing guards so often during the last years. Bill and Wayne were with him for like decades...the others all lasted about 2-3 years. :( I wonder if it was because MJ wasn't happy with them or if the bodyguards didn't like travelling so much, etc...?

Last edited:
And it really warmed my heart when I saw Wayne at Michael's funeral. Shows that he was more than just a bodyguard. I was really upset when I found out Wayne wasn't working for MJ anymore. I don't know why it happened, but I am sure if Wayne was still around things would have been different.

What kind of talk?
just that he had an eye for the female fans. whether anything happened i doubt but u know what rumours are like

mat fiddes worked for mj for all of 2 days cause he was friends with gellerwhen geller got kicked to the curb there went his 5 mins of fame.. hes not or wasnt at that time even licenced to be a BG in the uk.i love how he claims everytime mj was in the uk he was his B.G funny i never saw him along with all the other fans who were there everytime mj was in the uk lol

yeah mj never had longterms proper security after wayne always chopping and changing. i guess mj could never find someone as good as wayne. and some of the guards have mentioned they left cause of family commitments and all the travelling especially at the last minute that used to happen

I can't help but think if only Bill or Wayne were with MJ during his last years ....it could have make a difference.....MJ is now WOW ing as with his O2 concerts......

Matt Fiddes........I don't like him........he's the only BG of MJ that had something to say to the press after his death.....he loves the limelight too much.....

And I've watch a video about the JACKSON's plan of moving to UK.....looking for a place there to settle for good or something....and Matt Fiddes...arrange everything.....accommodations and securities of the family.......but it turned out that when the family arrived in UK...it was highly publicized ......and guessed who ...leak it to the press? Yes, Matt Fiddes. It pisses the Jackson's and eventually they had some fallingout with Fiddes....ad in the end the Jackson's didn't move to UK...

Matt Fiddes........I don't like him........he's the only BG of MJ that had something to say to the press after his death.....he loves the limelight too much.....
thats cause hes gellers friend and wannabe celeb. birds of a feather and all.

I miss Bill so much. I mean, he was like a part of the family. Michael really liked him. I believe they were true friends :)

Aww...
mike_billBray.jpg

Bill Bray and Wayne were cool, I saw them a number of times in the late 1980's and 1990's. It was sad not seeing them with Michael in the 2000's. I remember there was a black bodyguard who always wore a Top Hat and had a jerih curl, who was also one of Michael's bodyguards between 1987-88 on the Bad Tour. I remember waiting outside the Mayfair Hotel during the Bad Tour when I was 16yrs old, and this drunk idiot shouts "Where's *****", and all us fans started shouting and him and this bodyguard with the Top Hat just gave him one hell on a mean look, like he insulted a very good friend (as opposed an employer), and this man left straight away and didn't say a word !

I miss Bill so much. I mean, he was like a part of the family. Michael really liked him. I believe they were true friends :)

Aww...
mike_billBray.jpg

Todd Gray (Before he was king) said something about the family members being very close and tuff, and Bill was a part of the family in terms of closeness.

ok I totally ruined his quote but I guess I could go look it up if anyone wants to know it verbatim lol

reportedly Bill Bray was still included in MJ's payroll when he died. It's written that MJ was paying Bill Bray's salary and health expenses. But they also say that MJ did not see/contact Bill Bray in the last 10 years (95-05) - even though Bray wanted to.

Last edited:
reportedly Bill Bray was still included in MJ's payroll when he died. It's written that MJ was paying Bill Bray's salary and health expenses. But they also say that MJ did not see/contact Bill Bray in the last 10 years (95-05) - even though Bray wanted to.

I think If I'm not mistaken it was written in a book of RT that MJ and Bill had a falling out after the Bad era but till Bill's death he was support financially by MJ....

I don't think Matt Fiddes can really be called MJ's bodyguard anyways since he never travelled with MJ and never was his MAIN bodyguard. He was just "added security" during the London trip in 2002. But his main bodyguards then were Mike LaPerruque and that one gray haired guy (whose name I don't know). The ones I know so far are Bill Bray, Wayne, Yannick, Skipper, Attila, Mike, the gray haired dude, Kerry, Bashir (or something like that), Alberto Alvarez was his main bodyguard during the last years I think. In London he had only Alberto with him as far as I know of, and had these three English guys as "added security" when he went somewhere, but those guys left the hotel in the evenings. I'm assuming though that he had an extra bodyguard who stayed in the hotel with the kids when he went to the press conference...but I never saw any of the guys, that were usually with him in L.A., during the London trip.

Bodyguards:

Bill Bray/ Wayne 80's

Wayne/Yannick early-mid 90's

Wayne/Skipper late 90's

Skipper/Attila 1999 -2001?

Mike/ gray haired dude 2002-2004?

Kerry/Bashir ? 2005-2007?

Alberto/?? 2007-2009

I wonder why he kept changing guards so often during the last years. Bill and Wayne were with him for like decades...the others all lasted about 2-3 years. :( I wonder if it was because MJ wasn't happy with them or if the bodyguards didn't like travelling so much, etc...?
HE had Alberto since 2007, maybe he would have kept him if he had been given the chance to live? Who knows?

I think If I'm not mistaken it was written in a book of RT that MJ and Bill had a falling out after the Bad era but till Bill's death he was support financially by MJ....

RT is the best and most impartial biographer, but he is prone to exaggerate things about Michael and isn't a good source for accuracy (though good for a biographer/journalist).

I don't know if Michael and Bill Bray fell out, but Bill Bray was still with Michael all the time as head of security after the Bad era right up to around 1995 when the HIStory album was released. I always presumed Bill Bray retired, because he was getting quite old.

I wouldn't be surprised of Michael kept Bill Bray on his payroll after he finished working for Michael. I presume Michael saw Bill Bray as family, because he'd been with Michael since he was a kid in the early 1970's.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Michael didn't see Bill Bray in the last 10yrs (95-05), because Smokey Robinson has said in recent interviews that Michael refused to see and cut a lot of people out of his life (including family members) from the mid 1990's.

I always felt Michael was in safe hands when he has Bill Bray and Wayne in charge of his security. Wayne always looked really professional in his suits (sometimes with shades), he looked like an FBI agent from a movie.

Last edited:
Bill died in 2005 right after the end of Michael's trial...I think he struggled to stay alive till his little friend was out of trouble...Bill was like a true father for Michael...and Bill Bray was on his payroll when he died...

Back