Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Anywhere Michael Jackson IS..Is where you find Me
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,252 Times in 1,020 Posts

Arrow Michael Jackson FAQs!

THIS FACT FILE IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
    NO COMMENTS ALLOWED.

Q: Where did Michael learn all of his cool dance moves, such as the moonwalk?

A: Michael has said that the moonwalk came from the black children from the inner city ghettos. "They just have that natural talent for dancing...they come up with these dances, all I did was enhance the dance." Just to note, Michael has never taken any formal dancing lessons. He has choreographed, or had a hand in choreographing most of his music videos or performances.

Q: What were some of Michael's favorite songs that he's recorded?

A: Michael's favorite songs that he has recorded is "Ben", or "Got To Be There". Off of his HIStory album they are "Stranger In Moscow", "Childhood", or "Earth Song".
    For 'Invincible' Michael stated his favorites were "Unbreakable", "Speechless" and "The Lost Children".

Q: Is Michael the biggest selling artist ever?

A: Yes, Michael Jackson still holds the title for having the greatest selling album of all time with his album Thriller.
    Thriller was, and still is the most amazing album ever created selling over 104 million albums worldwide to date, going Platinum in 15 countries, gold in 4 countries, producing 7 hit singles (4 written by Michael himself!) and winning 8 Grammy Awards.
    Michael Jackson is one of Guinness World Records longest standing record holders. Most weeks at the top of the US album charts (non-soundtrack) (37 weeks for Thriller);
    Most successful music video (Thriller sold over 1 million units); His ultimate and latest accolade was also presented to him: Most successful entertainer of all time.

Q: How did Michael compose his songs?

A: MJ explained his composing process on the June 7, 1995 "Prime Time Live" special "Michael Jackson: The Man and His Music", on the videotaped deposition he gave for the "Thriller"/"The Girl is Mine"/"We Are the World" copyright lawsuit heard in Mexico City (Nov. 1993), during his testimony in the "Dangerous" copyright lawsuit heard in Denver, Colorado, and in the Internet Chat. He does not read or write music, so he sings the melody and vocally imitates the bassline, strings, and other parts into a tape recorder. As he said in the Internet Chat, "The process is creating a vocal rhythm to a click track -- which is a sound, a timed beat. And you're doing these mouth sounds to that beat. These sounds can be looped according to how you sample it in the computer again and again. This is your foundation for the entire track -- everything plays off this. It's the rhythm, like the beatbox rhythm. Every song I've written since I was very little I've done that way. I still do it that way! .." A lso, as guitarist David Williams related in Rolling Stone in 1992, at times MJ sings the sounds directly to the musicians, and when they accurately reproduce his ideas, this is recorded. The tape is then turned over to others who transcribe the notes onto staff sheets.

Q: How many concerts has Michael given in His SOLO career?

A: In his solo career Michael has performed 277 concerts:

.: Bad World Tour 1987-1988 - 123 concerts
    .: Dangerous World Tour 1991-1992 - 67 concerts
    .: HIStory World Tour 1996-1997 - 82 concerts
    .: Michael Jackson & Friends 1999 (Korea/Germany: with other artists) - 2 concerts
    .: Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration 2001 (USA) - 2 concerts
    .: United We Stand 2001 (USA: with other artists) - 1 concert

Q: What was Michael Jackson’s first performance?

A: Michael Jackson performed at 5 years old at his elementary school in 1963. He performed 'Climb Every Mountain' in a talent show. His mother Katherine and his Grandfather were in attendance.

Q: Was that really Michael on the Simpsons episode "Stark Raving Dad"?

A: Yes, Michael supplied his voice for the character of "Michael Jackson" on one episode of the Simpsons....the name in the credits however was 'John Jay Smith'.

Q: Who discovered the Jackson 5?

A: Bobby Taylor of the Vancouvers was the person who brought the Jackson 5 to the attention of Motown Records and helped them get their audition. Motown later stated that it was Diana Ross who "discovered" the boys, and used her name on their first album "Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5" since she was Motown's biggest star at the time.

Last edited by MJ TinkerBell; 24-02-2013 at 01:32 PM.

"My real goal is to fulfill Godís purpose." - Michael Jackson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJ TinkerBell For This Useful Post: