MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
banner2ru.png

THIS FACT FILE IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
NO COMMENTS ALLOWED.

Q: Where did Michael learn all of his cool dance moves, such as the moonwalk?

A: Michael has said that the moonwalk came from the black children from the inner city ghettos. "They just have that natural talent for dancing...they come up with these dances, all I did was enhance the dance." Just to note, Michael has never taken any formal dancing lessons. He has choreographed, or had a hand in choreographing most of his music videos or performances.

Michael_Jackson_Tribute_2009_by_awe_inspired.jpg

Q: What were some of Michael's favorite songs that he's recorded?

A: Michael's favorite songs that he has recorded is "Ben", or "Got To Be There". Off of his HIStory album they are "Stranger In Moscow", "Childhood", or "Earth Song".
For 'Invincible' Michael stated his favorites were "Unbreakable", "Speechless" and "The Lost Children".

Q: Is Michael the biggest selling artist ever?

A: Yes, Michael Jackson still holds the title for having the greatest selling album of all time with his album Thriller.
Thriller was, and still is the most amazing album ever created selling over 104 million albums worldwide to date, going Platinum in 15 countries, gold in 4 countries, producing 7 hit singles (4 written by Michael himself!) and winning 8 Grammy Awards.
Michael Jackson is one of Guinness World Records longest standing record holders. Most weeks at the top of the US album charts (non-soundtrack) (37 weeks for Thriller);
Most successful music video (Thriller sold over 1 million units); His ultimate and latest accolade was also presented to him: Most successful entertainer of all time.

Q: How did Michael compose his songs?

A: MJ explained his composing process on the June 7, 1995 "Prime Time Live" special "Michael Jackson: The Man and His Music", on the videotaped deposition he gave for the "Thriller"/"The Girl is Mine"/"We Are the World" copyright lawsuit heard in Mexico City (Nov. 1993), during his testimony in the "Dangerous" copyright lawsuit heard in Denver, Colorado, and in the Internet Chat. He does not read or write music, so he sings the melody and vocally imitates the bassline, strings, and other parts into a tape recorder. As he said in the Internet Chat, "The process is creating a vocal rhythm to a click track -- which is a sound, a timed beat. And you're doing these mouth sounds to that beat. These sounds can be looped according to how you sample it in the computer again and again. This is your foundation for the entire track -- everything plays off this. It's the rhythm, like the beatbox rhythm. Every song I've written since I was very little I've done that way. I still do it that way! .." A lso, as guitarist David Williams related in Rolling Stone in 1992, at times MJ sings the sounds directly to the musicians, and when they accurately reproduce his ideas, this is recorded. The tape is then turned over to others who transcribe the notes onto staff sheets.

michael_jackson_collage_by_torasuto_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Q: How many concerts has Michael given in His SOLO career?

A: In his solo career Michael has performed 277 concerts:

.: Bad World Tour 1987-1988 - 123 concerts
.: Dangerous World Tour 1991-1992 - 67 concerts
.: HIStory World Tour 1996-1997 - 82 concerts
.: Michael Jackson & Friends 1999 (Korea/Germany: with other artists) - 2 concerts
.: Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration 2001 (USA) - 2 concerts
.: United We Stand 2001 (USA: with other artists) - 1 concert

Q: What was Michael Jackson’s first performance?

A: Michael Jackson performed at 5 years old at his elementary school in 1963. He performed 'Climb Every Mountain' in a talent show. His mother Katherine and his Grandfather were in attendance.

Q: Was that really Michael on the Simpsons episode "Stark Raving Dad"?

A: Yes, Michael supplied his voice for the character of "Michael Jackson" on one episode of the Simpsons....the name in the credits however was 'John Jay Smith'.

Q: Who discovered the Jackson 5?

A: Bobby Taylor of the Vancouvers was the person who brought the Jackson 5 to the attention of Motown Records and helped them get their audition. Motown later stated that it was Diana Ross who "discovered" the boys, and used her name on their first album "Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5" since she was Motown's biggest star at the time.

Jackson5_JohnnyMagnum.jpg

Last edited:
Re: MJJC Legacy Project FAQ's

Q: I heard that Michael had a speaking clip at the beginning of the HIStory album. What did he say, and why don't I have it on my copy of the album?

A: A vocal clip was added to the beginning of some of the copies of the HIStory album released in Germany, Holland, France, and Canada (not all albums sold in these contries had this clip). The clip stated Michael saying the following "Hi, this is Michael Jackson. I want to thank all of my fans in [country] for their continuing love and support over all the years. I hope to come and visit you all very, very soon and perform for you. I look forward to seeing you very soon. Until then, good bye. I love you all. Good bye."

Q: Why does Michael wear a band around his arm?

A: It's an old tradition that people wear armlets when they are in grief. They wear it when they lost somebody that was close to them. In Michael's special case the armlet is in rememberance and honor for children who are suffering all around the world. He has decided to wear it as long as children are being treated badly or die.

2799001.jpg

Q: I read somewhere that Michael had done some charity work in war-torn Sarajevo, is this true?

A: Yes, He did. Through his "Heal the World" Foundation, he spearheaded airlifts of food and medical supplies to war-torn Sarajevo, instituted mentoring, immunization and drug-abuse education programs and paid for a Hungarian child's liver transplant.

Q: I am French and a few years ago, I saw a program that had a puppet that looked like Michael Jackson? Is this true?

A: Oui, you are correct. Michael did have a look-alike puppet in the French show "Les guignols de l'info" (1988).

Q: Did Michael have a stamp made in his image and if so where can I buy them?

A: Yes , he did. Michael won a poll of superstars to have his image on a stamp issued by the Virgin Islands in July 1985. He asked that the Virgin Islands donated all revenue (the stamps were priced between 60 cents and $1.50) to welfare and education.

Q: Was Michael the reason for a name change by Universal CityWalk to Universal Moonwalk ?

A: Yes, he was. A popular Los Angeles tourist attraction was renamed from Universal CityWalk to Universal Moonwalk on July 9, 2009. From 7pm, the entertainment center was transformed into a huge Michael Jackson tribute party, featuring outside screenings of movie THE WIZ – which Michael starred in and the music video for Thriller.

Q: Did Michael do something to honour the US Troops in The Iraq War?

A: Yes he did. Michael greeted thousands of US troops in a
US army base south of Tokyo on March 10, 2007. About 3,000 troops and their family members gathered in a fitness center at Camp Zama. Michael, after shaking hands with and thanking the troops personally for their service, spoke to the crowd gathered, saying, "Those of you in here today are some of the most special people in the world. It is because of you in here today, and others who so valiantly have given their lives to protect us, that we enjoy our freedom." Michael also attended a ceremony at the camp for an army member being promoted and put a pin on his uniform.

Q: I noticed that MJ has dedicated "Childhood" to Craig Fleming and Michael Fleming. Who are they?

A: Craig Alan Fleming was a 22-month-old child who drowned February 21, 1995, when his mother reportedly threw him and his three-year-old brother, Michael Robert Jr., off a Long Beach bridge into the Los Angeles River. Michael Fleming survived. MJ attended Craig's funeral and made a donation to the Michael Fleming Fund of the St. Mary Medical Center Foundation in the child's honor. (from The Lee Solters Company)

finch6-29-09-1.jpg

Q: Who is the "Mystery Girl" who sings on "In the Closet"?

A: Princess Stephanie of Monaco, according to Black & White and MTV Australia. Michael confirmed this while speaking with fans in Gstaad in 1993.

Q: Is there an MJ single called "Someone Put Your Hand Out" that was never released on any album?

A: The single was released in Europe and Asia in 1992 as part of the Pepsi Promo Pack associated with the Dangerous Tour. Fans could obtain the single either by buying a certain amount of Pepsi or through promotional giveaways at radio stations. A few of the original cassettes may still be found.

Last edited:
Re: MJJC Legacy Project FAQ's

Q: What is the theme song that Michael wrote for Siegfried and Roy?

A: It is called "The Mind Is Magic", written and performed by Michael Jackson and arranged by MJ and Bryan Loren. Since April 1995, it has been available on the Siegfried and Roy CD "Dreams and Illusions" on the Edel Company label.

1526275690-michael-jackson-siegfried.9.jpg

Q: What classical music has MJ used in his tours and recordings?

A: "O Fortuna" from the section "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi" (Fortune, Empress of the World) of Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" forms the introduction to "Dangerous: The Short Films" and was used at the beginning of nearly all the Dangerous concerts.

"Will You Be There"/Dangerous
Symphony No. 9 in D minor Opus 125: presto (Ode to Joy)
composed by Ludwig van Beethoven
Cleveland Orchestra Chorus, director Robert Shaw
Cleveland Orchestra, conductor George Szell

The "Ode to Joy" is the anthem of the European Union.
"HIStory"/HIStory
"Pictures at an Exhibition"
composed by Modeste Mussorgsky
arranged by Maurice Ravel
Philadelphia Orchestra

"HIStory"/HIStory
"Beethoven Lives Upstairs"
from Susan Hammond's Classical Kids
The Children's Group, Inc.

"Little Susie"/HIStory
Requiem Opus 9, "Pie Jesu"
composed by Maurice Durufle'
Atlanta Symphony and Chorus, director Robert Shaw

Q: On "The Legend Continues" video collection, Michael sings "When You Wish Upon a Star". When did he record this?

A: "When You Wish Upon a Star" was performed by Michael in a Disney special broadcast on US television in 1979-1981.

Q: I heard that Michael was producing a play called "Sisterella"? Is this true?

A: Yes, MJ and Jerry Greenberg are the executive producers of this musical, which opened at the Pasadena Playhouse (CA, US) on March 17, 1996. Larry Hart, who wrote the book, music, and lyrics, is a Grammy-award-winning gospel singer and song writer based in Las Vegas. The play is a black musical adaptation of the Cinderella story set in turn-of-the-century New York. MJ attended the last showing of the play. There are tentative plans for the play to go on to Broadway or be made into a motion picture. (from LA Times)

In November, 1996, Sisterella won 8 NAACP Theatre Awards (out of 12 nominations), more than any other production: Best Play, Best Director (David Simmons), Best Musical Director (Matthew Sklar), Best Set Design (Gary Wissman), Best Supporting Performance Actor (Ralph Cole, Jr.), Best Performance Actress (Yvette Cason), Best Costumes (Pasquale Spezzano), Best Choreographer (Raymond G. del Barrio). Sisterella opened in Germany in December 1996.

Q: When did Michael sing the song "You Were There"? Which album is it on?

A: MJ sang this song, which was written especially for Sammy Davis Jr., only during the Sammy Davis Jr. Tribute in February 1990.Backstage he said he would never sing it again because it was "Sammy's song" and is not on any album. The song was co-written by MJ and Buzz Kohan. It was MJ's way of thanking Davis for breaking down the barriers of racial prejudice in the American entertainment industry in the '50s and '60s, allowing MJ and other black entertainers to reach the level of achievement they subsequently did.

Micheal-Jackson-and-Sammy-Davis-Jnr.jpg

The lyrics follow:

You were there, before we came.
You took the hurt, you took the shame.
They built the walls to block your way.
You beat them down. You won the day.
It wasn't right, it wasn't fair.
You taught them all. You made them care.
Yes, you were there, and thanks to you
There's now a door we all walk through.
And we are here, for all to see --
To be the best that we can be.
Yes, I am here....
Because you were there.

Q: Can you tell me about a song and video MJ did called "Is This Scary"?

A: "Is This Scary" was originally recorded for the soundtrack of "Addams Family Values", the sequel to the "Addams Family" movie. Michael ended up not doing the soundtrack after all. However, it was resurrected for limited release in the US in Fall 1996 as part of the new 35-minute film "Ghost".
The video was scripted by horror writer Stephen King.

Q: On the song "Smile" This is the last part of the song there is a whistle, is this not MJ whistling?

A: Yes, it Michael that you hear whistling at the end of this song originally written by Charlie Chaplin.

Q: What song did Michael sing in grade school?

A: It was Michael's first public appearance in the first grade in 1963 [Garnett Elementary School in Gary]. Wearing black pants and a white shirt, he sang "Climb Every Mountain" from The Sound of Music.

-"When I finished that song, the reaction in the auditorium overwhelmed me. The applause was thunderous and people were smiling; some of them were standing. My teachers were crying and I just couldn't believe it. I had made them all happy. It was such a great feeling. I felt a little confused too, because I didn't think I had done anything special. I was just singing the way I sang at home every night. When you're performing, you don't realize what you sound like or how you're coming across. You just open your mouth and sing."
-Michael Jackson

Michael+Jackson+91709dang_4.jpg

Q: In the song "Bless His Soul" from the Destiny album, did Michael write the lyrics and was he talking about himself?

A: Yes, in an interview in 1983 Michael stated that had written the lyrics himself and says it is definitely about him.

134700_1249273693628.56res_400_300.jpg

Q: Is it true that Michael ritually rehearsed and fasted EVERY Sunday?

A: Yes, At home, in his room, he dances until he falls down. Michael says the Sunday dance sessions are also an effective way to quiet his stage addiction when he is not touring.This, his mother confirms, is a weekly ritual that leaves her son laid out, sweating, laughing and crying. It is also a ritual very similar to Michael’s performances.

Q: Which BAMBI Award did Michael win and what is a Bambi Award ?

A: Michael received the BAMBI Award for the "Life Time Achievement in Music" Award in 2002 .
The Bambi's - (Deutschlands Wichtigster Medienpreis), often simply called Bambi Awards and stylized as BAMBI, are presented annually by Hubert Burda Media to recognize excellence in International Media and Television "with vision and creativity who affected and inspired the German public that year", both domestic and foreign. First held in 1948, they are the oldest media awards in Germany.

The Website:

http://www.bambi.de/flash/#history,laureates

Michael_Jackson_collage_by_admhire.jpg

Q: How high could Michael sing, what register or KEY is he ?

A: Michael Jackson's vocal style descended from boy Soprano to High Tenor.
This means that Michael's is the highest male vocal style within the modal register.

Q: How tall was Michael Jackson?

A: There are claims that Michael Jackson was anywhere from 5' 8" to 5' 11",
although most notable sources agree that he was 5' 10".

Q: I heard that Michael had a ritual in every hotel room he stayed in across the world, is this true and what was it?

A: Yes, he did, in every hotel room Michael had an assistant who's only job was to put up his extensive Shirley Temple photo collection all over the walls in every room, Michael said to see them made him so happy and always gave him strength and courage.

kewl_mag_shirley_temple_400.jpg

Q: Did Joe Jackson ever record with the Jackson 5?

A: Yes, Joe did play guitar on the song "Big Boy" for the Steeltown label in 1967; at this time there name was The Ripples and Waves Plus Michael. It was the one and only time Joe ever recorded with his sons.

Q: Did Janet and La Toya sing back ground vocals on P.Y.T from Michael's "Thriller" album?

A: Yes, Janet and La Toya provided backing vocals in the guise on P.Y.T.'s as well as vocalist James Ingram. This was also the "Synthesizer Age" and their voices where re-mixed with the use of synths.

mjj100main1.jpg

Q: I read somewhere that Michael gave all of his share of the profits from the "Victory Tour" away to charity and all together was supposed to be $8 Million dollars, is this true?

A: Yes and No, Michael did donate his total earnings from his share of profit from the "Victory Tour" in 1984 to charities that were close to his heart, but it was $5 million dollars not $8 million.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________
MJJC Legacy Project Green Tip

Tip 1# Try make your own wrapping paper by using old maps, posters or pages from newspapers or magazines. This paper can be used later as shipping material, or recycled. Be sure to also save bags and bows to use for future gifts.

Tip 2# Home and Office Desk Furniture The Wave Desk by Offi : Formaldehyde-free adhesives minimize volatile organic compounds and don't contribute to indoor air pollution, and resource-efficient molded plywood construction uses 8-10 times less wood than conventional wood milling.

Get more tips here:
http://www.treehugger.com/

28898131-1.JPG

Michael's "Giving" Tree

Last edited:
MichaelAndFreddieMercury-223x300.jpg

Q: Is it true that Michael in some way was involved in the release of the Queen song "Another One Bites The Dust"?

A: Yes, the lead guitarist for Queen Brian May says &#8220;It was Michael who heard "Another One Bites The Dust" when he came to see us on The Game tour and told us we were mad if we didn&#8217;t release it as a single.&#8221; In August of 1980 they release the song in the US as a single. It became their second number 1# single in the US and it goes platinum.

3660664355_f343574481.jpg

Q: Michael has 2 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, what where they for ?

A: Yes, he does and the 1st is located at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard, and the 2nd one is with his brothers in 1980 is located at 1500 Vine Street.&#8221;~ Thank you Snow White 1937 :bow:

Q: I read somewhere that Michael Jackson helped plan neighbour Gregory Peck's funeral when he passed away ?

A: Yes, it is true on June 13, 2003, the day after his neighbor and friend of 25 years Gregory Peck dies, Michael Jackson went to Peck's house to help his widow plan the memorial service. Gregory Peck was often quoted as saying that his favorite singers were Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson.

Smooth-Criminal-michael-jackson-7144138-585-825.jpg

Q: Is it true that used Michael his own heart beat for the intro to one of his songs? If so which song was it ?

A: Yes, this is true, Michael did use his own heart beat as one of the intro sounds you hear on his song "Smooth Criminal"

mj247np4.jpg

Q: What size shoes did Michael wear?

A: Michael wore a 9 1/2 shoes size.

Q: When did Michael actually join his brother's in the band ?

A: Michael joined the family singing group in 1964, as well as his other brother Marlon and The Jackson5 was formed.

Q: Is it true that Michael sang a duet song with Jay Z ? If so on what song was it he sang ?

jay-michael-jackson-300x300.jpg

A: Yes, that is true ! Michael Jackson sang on the remix of Jay-Z's hit song, "Girls, Girls, Girls." from his original Blueprint album.The song has additional vocals sung by Q-Tip, Slick Rick and Biz Markie.

Q: What is the first song The Jacksons released after they left Motown ?

the_jacksons-enjoy_yourself_s.jpg

A: In 1976 The Jacksons recorded "Enjoy Yourself". It was the first non-Motown single for the group since they departed from the label earlier that year.

Q: How did Michael Jackson end up doing back ground vocals on the song
" Somebody's Watching Me " with the singer Rockwell ?

1983_Session_Rockwell.jpg

A: In 1983, Barry Gordy's son Kennedy Berry (aka Rockwell) was working on the song in the studio, he got the idea to get Michael Jackson to sing on the track. Rockwell picked Michael up and drove him into the studio. Once Michael was in the studio, Kennedy asked him to record the chorus with him. Michael agreed.[/B]

Q: How many song versions of "Who's Loving You " was there before Michael Jackson sang it ?

motown_anniv_0109.jpg

A: The most famous cover of "Who's Lovin' You", was recorded on August 7, 1969 by The Jackson 5. Written in 1960 by William "Smokey" Robinson. The song has been recorded by many different artists including The Miracles, The Temptations, The Supremes, Terence Trent-D'arby, Brenda and The Tabulations, John Farnham, Human Nature and En Vogue.

The%2BJackson%2B5.png

Last edited:
Re: FAQs!

Q: Is it true that R.Kelly produced some song for Michael Jackson ? Which ones were they and on which Albums did he work on for Michael ?

199776872;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

A: Yes, this is true ! R. Kelly did work with Michael on a quite few amazing songs on many different albums! The songs were " You Are Not Alone" in 1995 ; "Cry" in 2001 and "One More Chance" in 2003. Just to name only a few. "Cry" is the second single from Michael's "Invincible" album. "You Are Not Alone" is the second single from Michael's "HIStory" Album. And the single "One More Chance" is from Michael's ""Number Ones" album.

21806864_5555158.jpg

Q: Is it true that there was an actual place called the Michael Jackson Suite ? If so where exactly is it located ?

A: Yes, this is true ! There are 2 Hotels in the World that are referenced as "The Michael Jackson Suite". One was in 1985 named the famous Michael Jackson Suite in the Royal Plaza Hotel at Lake Buena Vista FL, when it was unveiled. Michael had a suite designed in the 16th floor penthouse where he displayed all of his Grammy's and Awards and costumes, etc. The suite had many of his gold and platinum albums hanging on the walls. The deal Michael made with Disney was that he would store his awards there in the suite if he could come and stay anytime he wanted. Of course Disney agreed!! Phil Wright, general manager of the Royal Plaza during the Jackson era, recalled the four-room suite in detail. The twinkling lights in the ceiling. The trophy case insured for $1 million. The Marilyn Monroe collectibles and (then) state-of-the-art laser-disc player equipped with lights that sparkled to the beat. Michael's signature was etched in 24 karat gold on the dorr of his suite at the Hotel. Wright remembered that Michael Jackson's pet chimp, Bubbles, liked to flush the toilet. "He liked to hear it gurgle." He recalled the singer fondly, too.
"When I knew him at the hotel, he was kind, generous and unbelievably shy," Wright said. "We wanted to offer a place where he could feel at home." The Suite was rented for 1 bedroom $280.00 per night or $420.00 for 2 bedrooms per night. Sadly it no longer exists at the Disney World FL Hotel location.

A setting from the Michael Jackson suite in Lake Buena Vista, FL in 1984:

The door to the Michael Jackson suite at Lake Buena Vista in 1984.

The second one is not officially named as the Michael Jackson Suite but because he had been there, the Hotel Staff affectionately refer to the "The Bridge Suite" at The Atlantis in the Bahamas as "The Michael Jackson Suite". Known for its spectacular architecture and is situated in between the Towers it is breath-taking. The suite has 10 rooms, including a 1,250-square-foot living room with grand piano and twin entertainment centers, a dining room with a 22-karat gold chandelier and bedrooms with wardrobes so large "you could drive a car into them." You can rent this Suite for a mere $25,000 per night.

2502549722_e760b16485.jpg

Q: Is it true that Michael Jackson used a Notorious B.I.G. sample from a song on an album done by NBA superstar player Shaquille O'Neal ?

A: Yes, this is true ! In the rap verse The Notorious B.I.G. in "Unbreakable" was originally from the song "You Can't Stop the Reign" by Shaq.

9037650.JPG

Last edited:
Q: I heard there was a rumour that The Jackson 5 created an all girl group ? Who were they and if so when ?

Joe Jackson&#8217;s Girl Group
mdlt.jpg

A: Yes, this is true mixed with some untruths ! In 1974 The Jackson Five produced a girl group. They were a family of four sisters from Ohio called MDLT (Maxine, Diane, Laverne, Tina) Willis. They were actually Joe Jackson&#8217;s Girl Group, being promoted as a Jackson 5 creation by Joe for his record company. They had one release on Joe Jackson's Ivory Tower International Records label called &#8220;What&#8217;s Your Game.&#8221;
[youtube]rfxZqhIIOEM[/youtube]

Last edited:

MJCaptainEO.jpg

Q: I am a big Captain EO fan and is it true that it is one of the world's most expensive films ever made ?

A: Yes and No to this fact ! Captain EO was notable for being one of the first "4D" films, in that it used lasers, fog, and other effects in the theater to complement the then state-of-the-art 3D visuals. With a 17-minute running time and a $30 million budget, Captain EO once held the distinction of being the world's most expensive film on a per-minute basis. But as it ran for over 10 years at several Disney parks and has recently reopened in the wake of Michael Jackson's passing, there's little doubt Disney eventually recouped their costs.

[youtube]Wk00NFDShlQ[/youtube]

Last edited:

thewiz2.jpg

Q: I loved Michael Jackson in 'The Wiz" ! I know it was his acting debut and he played the Scarecrow in the film. Is it true that he also sang 6 songs on the movie's Soundtrack as well?

A: Yes this is a fact ! Even though Michael received critical acclaim and favorable comments for his part in the movie, he was a major contributing force creatively and artistically to the soundtrack, which has now become a cult classic with people of all ages all over the world !

The Song List:

1. '"You Can't Win" - Michael Jackson
2. "Ease On Down The Road" - Michael Jackson and Diana Ross
3. "Ease on Down the Road #2" - Michael Jackson and Diana Ross and Nipsey Russell
4. "Ease on Down the Road #3" - Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell, and Ted Ross
5. "Be A Lion" - Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell, and Ted Ross
6. "A Brand New Day" - Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Nipsey Russell, Ted Ross and Chorus

[youtube]mPVpMxVn6mk[/youtube]

Last edited:
Q: I know Michael Jackson loved The Simpsons and was the first mega star to go on the show in a guest appearance episode ! I heard he wrote 2 song for the show ? When did he write the songs and on which album do they appear ?

The-Simpsons-Do-The-Bart-Man-32155.jpg

A: Yes, this is true Michael did write for the The Simpsons television series and it was called "Do The Bart Man". "Do the Bartman" is a pop rap song from the 1990 Simpsons album "The Simpsons Sing the Blues". It was performed by The Simpsons cast member Nancy Cartwright and was released as a promotional single from the album on November 20, 1990. The song was written and produced by Michael Jackson and Bryan Loren. Although Michael Jackson did not sing on the show because his record label blocked him from doing so, he was a fan and had called the producers one night offering to write Bart a number on the show.
"Do the Bartman" was never officially released as a single in the United States, but placed first on the singles charts in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom. Additionally, it reached the top ten in Sweden and the Netherlands, and was certified gold in the United Kingdom. A music video, which was directed by Brad Bird, was released for the song in 1991. The video became a hit on the American network MTV and received a nomination at the 1991 MTV Video Music Awards. The Simpsons creator Matt Groening revealed during an appearance at the 1998 World Animation Celebration convention in Pasadena, California that "Do the Bartman" was actually co-written and co-produced by Michael Jackson but he could not receive credit for it because he was under contract to another record label. Matt Groening told a crowd at the convention that had gathered for a "The Simpsons tribute" that it had "always been amazing to me that no one ever found out that Michael Jackson wrote that song". Michael also wrote another song for the episode called "Happy Birthday Lisa".The song from the episode &#8220;Stark Raving Dad&#8221; was actually sung by a man named Kipp Lennon. Michael &#8220;hand-picked&#8221; the man to imitate his vocals which was later included in the album "Songs in the Key of Springfield"

[youtube]AKC7Oz6ZrRU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back