"After this we're doing films"

Sophielo

Proud Member

Those were the final words my uncle Michael would ever say to me.
It was at the end of our family day at a Beverly Hills Indian restaurant. While I was saying my goodbyes to the rest of my family, I went up to my uncle and hugged him. I told him that I loved him and that I was proud of him and proud to be his nephew. I also said I would see him soon because I was planning to go to the UK to see his shows. He responded by saying that he loved me more. He then paused, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "after this, we're doing films."

That was our master game plan. You see, my uncle had another huge passion besides music... that was film directing. We would always talk about making films together, me and him, we were going to be a 1-2 Jackson power combo.
That's what I loved about my uncle. You truly believed like you could do anything when you were with him. He made you feel like that. He was so inspirational.
Since he's been gone, a huge hole exists for me. One that can never be filled. An emotional, spiritual, and mental hole. The only thing that helps, is knowing that I am doing exactly what he would want me to do. Doing what he taught me to do…. and that's film. And that's why Code Z is so important to me. It's about a promise. A promise to direct films. A simple promise that I made to my uncle, who was and always will be the greatest.

I know someone could say that Code Z is just a zombie series. But it's much more than that too. It's the official start to my film career... when I finally stopped talking about it and started doing it.

I really want to thank all of you for helping me keep that promise.

Taj

http://www.deedeeskid.com/

Sunday January 10, 2010.

truth is,Michael wanted to stop touring, and start making films, years ago.

i know they say Ortega directed This Is It, but the real director is Michael. after all, that film is about his creative process.

truth is,Michael wanted to stop touring, and start making films, years ago.

i know they say Ortega directed This Is It, but the real director is Michael. after all, that film is about his creative process.

I heard that too. I also heard Michael first approached AEG to direct a film but they counter offered him with this is is

Thank you for the thread! I'm really sad now that he didn't make his dream come true...:cry:

i really wish his dream had come true all his music videos sure showed he had the knack for it. sad, i hope his nephew is able to move on at some point and be able to make his dreams come true

:cry: thats a tear Jerker... I wish he was able to do what he wanted! I wish he was still here and I think I'd give up everything just so he could comeback and do what he loved most. I never say I'd give up anything in my life...but in this case I'd give up everything for him to be here...:cry:

Thankyou Taj...We L.O.V.E. YOU!!!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

:( michael had so much left in him. why did he have to go?

Last edited:
i really wish his dream had come true all his music videos sure showed he had the knack for it. sad, i hope his nephew is able to move on at some point and be able to make his dreams come true

His dream has not died with him.

I read Prince is a huge film fanatic. Ortega said he always had a camera in hand and is very curious about the process of making a movie.

Who knows, Prince might make this one come through for him.

That's an incredibly sweet story about Michael and Taj. I love hearing these good moments about Michael. It shows how human he is, how loved. I cannot imagine what all of Michael's family must still be feeling. Michael's loss has to have left a huge hole in their lives. It's sad. :(

It was at the end of our family day at a Beverly Hills Indian restaurant. While I was saying my goodbyes to the rest of my family, I went up to my uncle and hugged him. I told him that I loved him and that I was proud of him and proud to be his nephew. I also said I would see him soon because I was planning to go to the UK to see his shows. He responded by saying that he loved me more. He then paused, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "after this, we're doing films."

That was our master game plan. You see, my uncle had another huge passion besides music... that was film directing. We would always talk about making films together, me and him, we were going to be a 1-2 Jackson power combo.
That's what I loved about my uncle. You truly believed like you could do anything when you were with him. He made you feel like that. He was so inspirational.
Since he's been gone, a huge hole exists for me. One that can never be filled. An emotional, spiritual, and mental hole. The only thing that helps, is knowing that I am doing exactly what he would want me to do. Doing what he taught me to do…. and that's film. And that's why Code Z is so important to me. It's about a promise. A promise to direct films. A simple promise that I made to my uncle, who was and always will be the greatest.

I know someone could say that Code Z is just a zombie series. But it's much more than that too. It's the official start to my film career... when I finally stopped talking about it and started doing it.

Taj

Sunday January 10, 2010.

This is so true :cry:
Thanks so much for postin. It was a nice read.

So true, and so sad.... What Janet said really hits me when I read things liket his, we lost an icon but they lost a familymember.

I also love these words that Taj wrote;
"There will never be another MJ, period. He raised the bar so high that those closest to it can only look up and marvel at how far they have still yet to travel."
Now isn't that the truth.

It's no secret he wanted to head in the direction of films. He said as much in his interview with Geraldo...too bad people weren't listening and he was pushed into doing something (touring) he really did not want to do. Bitter pill for me to swallow. My heart goes out to Taj and the whole family...it's absolutely heartbreaking. Something I don't think I'll ever get over.

I think he wanted to do those concerts for his fans and his children.
This is it didn´t kill Michael, the doctor did.
If Michael was going to direct films he might have had so many ideas about it so he wouldn´t sleep.
We don´t know about that.
We know that Michael died beause he wanted help to sleep.

I just wished he could have got a long and happy life doing the things he wanted to do , he deserved it.

As others have said both Kenny and Travis said Prince is really into directing. Maybe one day Prince will live out this dream, and Michael will be looking down and smiling.

It's nice he got the chance to tell Michael he loved him and was proud of him. He didn't know that would be the last time he would see him. I really like hearing stories about Michael like this.

Thanks for posting this. I hope Taj does well with his films & everything else.

Taj

Sunday January 10, 2010.

:cry:

20uv3m0.jpg

Fantasia echos the sentiment of "dammit, why did he have to go before his time???"

:(

So true, and so sad.... What Janet said really hits me when I read things liket his, we lost an icon but they lost a familymember.

I also love these words that Taj wrote;
"There will never be another MJ, period. He raised the bar so high that those closest to it can only look up and marvel at how far they have still yet to travel."
Now isn't that the truth.
You may have lost an ''icon'' but I was suicidal after his death, don't reduce and minimize the pain some fans felt and still feel like that just because your doesn't measure up.
Michael had a different kind of relationship with his fans, he actually cared I guess that's why the majority of his fans sticked to him..

:cry:

Thanks for posting that.. L.O.V.E. to Taj and everyone else.

I read things like this and all I can do is :cry:....

To this day I don't understand why this all happened!

Back