Grammy discussion, Video links, Pictures..... [ Prince & Paris attend ] ALL threads merged.

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

By E! News
Wed 27 Jan. 2010, 09:10 CAT

Will the King of Pop's kids be singing his praises this weekend?

A source tells E! News exclusively that Grammy Awards producers have been making a last-minute effort to incorporate in some capacity Michael Jackson's children—Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket—into Sunday night's tribute to their late father.

The Grammys tribute will feature a 3-D mini movie set to Jackson's "Earth Song" that was going to be featured in his This is It tour.

"They've been working on everything from them singing to just making an appearance," the Grammys insider says of the little Jacksons' possible involvement.

When contacted for comment, a rep for the Grammy Awards telecast says she wasn't aware of the participation of the Jackson children. A family rep couldn't be reached for comment.

But a source close to the Jackson family tells E! News that, as of Tuesday night, the children "might" be there. The family source confirms that several members of the Jackson family, including father Joe, are scheduled to attend the Grammys.

"They might go, but Kate Kathryn, their grandmother is very protective of having them in front of the cameras, so I doubt they will walk the carpet," says the source.

Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion and Smokey Robinson are among the confirmed participants in the Jackson tribute.

http://www.postzambia.com/post-read_article.php?articleId=5024

I pray they will be there, so that Jermaine and all the other wont!, and i want to see how they are doing!!!!! to me they are Michael extension

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

I don't see this happening. Time will tell.

yea i dont see that happening and hope they dont go on the carpet soo many camera's there and that might get the media more crazy over them and sort of say to the media its ok

yea i dont see that happening and hope they dont go on the carpet soo many camera's there and that might get the media more crazy over them and sort of say to the media its ok
Exactly.

Actually I don't dislike the idea of Michael's children receiving a Grammy award for Michael. They will give Michael an award, right? Or will just do the Earth Song? I forgot.

I think it would be great, sincerely, i dont want to see jermaine, please NO MORE!, is not that im against him, is just that he is NOTHING like Michael, BUT Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket are Michael extension.

THE KIDS WOULD BE GREAT ALONSIDE JANET

Hmm, I saw this somewhere else.. I think they're just saying that to get readers or to get people more interested in watching the Grammys.

"They've been working on everything from them singing to just making an appearance," the Grammys insider says of the little Jacksons' possible involvement.''
So, in other words, according to this 'insider' [:smilerolleyes:], they're desperate to get them in any way shape or form.

I don't see them singing for sure.

When contacted for comment, a rep for the Grammy Awards telecast says she wasn't aware of the participation of the Jackson children.

?

THIS IS FROM E!

Source: Michael Jackson's Kids May Appear at Grammys

Tue., Jan. 26, 2010 7:30 PM PST by Ken Baker, Ashley Fultz and Lindsay Miller
AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill, Pool
Will the King of Pop's kids be singing his praises this weekend?
A source tells E! News exclusively that Grammy Awards producers have been making a last-minute effort to incorporate in some capacity Michael Jackson's children—Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket—into Sunday night's tribute to their late father.
The Grammys tribute will feature a 3-D mini movie set to Jackson's "Earth Song" that was going to be featured in his This is It tour.
"They've been working on everything from them singing to just making an appearance," the Grammys insider says of the little Jacksons' possible involvement.
When contacted for comment, a rep for the Grammy Awards telecast says she wasn't aware of the participation of the Jackson children. A family rep couldn't be reached for comment.
But a source close to the Jackson family tells E! News that, as of Tuesday night, the children "might" be there. The family source confirms that several members of the Jackson family, including father Joe, are scheduled to attend the Grammys.

"They might go, but Kate [Kathryn, their grandmother] is very protective of having them in front of the cameras, so I doubt they will walk the carpet," says the source.
Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Celine Dion and Smokey Robinson are among the confirmed participants in the Jackson tribute.
________

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b164225_source_michael_jacksons_kids_may_appear.html

Last edited:

Are the Grammys giving him an award?

I dont think they will sing i think they would be present to accept the award only.

That enough and fine, that would do honor to Michael, more than other family members who simply adore the camere and NOT Michael...

Actually, I hope the kids will not appear on Grammy or the other cameras...:(

I'm not too sure about this. I'd like them to be there because I'd like to see how they are, but on the another hand I don't want them to have to deal with the cameras and stuff.

My intuition dislikes the idea, simply because it means Michael is not here anymore to protect them.
The kids were wearing scarfs and masks for years to give them the childhood he never had and missed so much, at least a choice to have such. This would be no possibility with Michael still alive.
They are no little children anymore at least Prince and Paris... but I still think it is too early to 'make them celebrities'... that's crazy.

Then I can see more than only my own perspective. I don't know how they are really dealing with the death of their Dad. And maybe... maybe it could give them some kind of comfort to see and comprehend how loved their Dad really was.

Still my personal decision would be to keep them away from the red carpets and spotlights in this crazy world for many more years to come.

If the grammys got them other will follow... and that's crazy for so young children.

I think they're just making this up to get ratings. Now Michael's gone the next best thing are his children. As much I can understand some of you being fed up with the usual suspects attending shows, and picking up MICHAEL's awards, let's not be selfish, if the kids show up they'll become even more obsessed with them. So for their own good I hope they won't.

I think they are already celebrities, sadly, i just only hope that jermaine or any of those wont do anything like trying to speak, i mean enough is enough... just enough...

I think these kids have their entire life to receive awards for M,IF they feel like it..
But given this situation...I don't know...they're just kids who lost their daddy not so long ago,they need time to recover more than awards and public attention...

Michael would not like it....
:wild:
But if they want to...

`^^^^

little before Michael left us Michael said he was going to let his children be seen WHENEVER THEY WANTED, may be they WANT TO NOW... i wouldnt dare to say "Michael wouldnt like this"

May be they WANT to do it... its his father, THEY ARE PROUD OF HIM, i dont understand this whole negativity, really i dont

I agree. The more public they become, the more paps will feel they have license to take photos of them. As much as I'd love to see them on the grammy stage, I prefer for their own sake, they stay out of the limelight as much as possible until they're older.

I don't know. I am surprised at myself for thinking this way because I am very protective of MJ3. But I really think that of all the award shows there ever might be for the kids to attend, the Grammys would be the ultimate choice. Grammys is the biggest award in the music world. And I think it would be great for the kids to see how much their father is praised and valued in the music world...

But I am with the rest of you regarding the red carpet. I think they shouldn't walk the red carpet.

But of course, it's for Katherine to decide.

I will say this much, this is NOT a tabloid magazine they are going to talk to,

this is the Grammys, who are honoring HIS father...

Bringing these kids up, after the death of a parent, they're either gonna go the Prince William and Harry route or the Sean Lennon route. I think those were both smart ways to handle the situation, but because of the way Prince, Paris, and Blanket were brought up by Michael, I think the former would be the best solution for them.

Last edited:

I hope Diana Ross also participates in the tribute. Nothing against Carrie Underwood, but I'd sure prefer Diana. She would have a lot more impact and relevance. Hope she appears.

I would love to see Michael's children:
Prince, Paris, and Blanket again.
giveheart.gif

I will say this much, this is NOT a tabloid magazine they are going to talk to,

this is the Grammys, who are honoring HIS father...

True, but the more of a public figure they become, the more the paps will feel entitled to get photos of them no matter where they are. That's the concern.

It makes me cringe every time I read an article about plans to make the children appear in public. And even to hear that they want the kids to sing at the Grammys make me nauseous. I know they can't be protected for their whole lives but it seems so soon.

I just hope if this is true or anything else they do which will put them in the spotlight is because they want to and not because they are told they are doing it with no say in the matter.

I think they're just making this up to get ratings. Now Michael's gone the next best thing are his children. As much I can understand some of you being fed up with the usual suspects attending shows, and picking up MICHAEL's awards, let's not be selfish, if the kids show up they'll become even more obsessed with them. So for their own good I hope they won't.

Excactly! When michael was here they always put out some rumor that he may appear or perform or whatever.. they did it every year from T25, at least what I remember.

They won't appear, this is just a poor attempt in getting ratings, as soon as tmz picks it up they have secured their ratings.

Back