Murray's Arraignment - all threads merged

Bee

Proud Member
Jackson's doctor 'negotiating' surrender

Jackson's doctor 'negotiating' surrender

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, is negotiating with prosecutors on plans to surrender to face charges related to Jackson's death, his attorney said Thursday.
A law enforcement source told CNN that Murray would be arraigned at the courthouse near the Los Angeles International Airport at 1:30 p.m. PT (4:30 p.m. ET) Friday.
"We are presently negotiating with the district attorney's office the surrender of Dr. Murray," Ed Chernoff said in a statement posted Thursday on his Web site. "The specifics have not yet been agreed to and when the agreement is complete we will report further on this Web site."
Prosecutors have not announced any charges, however, and Murray has not been told how or where he should surrender, according to Miranda Sevcik, spokeswoman for Murray's legal team.
Murray traveled to Los Angeles last week from his home in Houston, Texas, in anticipation of possible charges, which he expects to be announced within 24 to 48 hours, Sevcik said.
Murray was hired to be Jackson's personal physician last spring as the entertainer prepared for his comeback concerts in London, England.
Watch Murray's first public statement, from August

The doctor told Los Angeles police investigators that he was with Jackson through the early morning hours of June 25 in an effort to help the pop star fall asleep, according to a police affidavit.
He administered sleep aids, and after Jackson finally began sleeping in the late morning hours, Murray said, he left the bedroom for "about two minutes maximum," the affidavit said.
"Upon his return, Murray noticed that Jackson was no longer breathing," it said.

Murray stayed with Jackson as an ambulance rushed him from his $100,000-a-month rented mansion in Holmby Hills to UCLA Medical Center.
Efforts at CPR proved fruitless, and Jackson was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m.
The Los Angeles County coroner ruled Jackson's death a homicide resulting from a combination of drugs, primarily propofol and lorazepam.
The coroner's statement said Jackson died from "acute propofol intoxication," but there were "other conditions contributing to death: benzodiazepine effect." Lorazepam and two other drugs Murray said he used are benzodiazepines.
Murray told investigators he had given Jackson three anti-anxiety drugs to help him sleep in the hours before he stopped breathing, a police affidavit said.
Murray had been treating Jackson for insomnia for six weeks at the time of the singer's death. He told investigators he gave Jackson 50 milligrams of propofol, the generic name for Diprivan, diluted with the anesthetic lidocaine every night via an intravenous drip.
Murray told police he was worried that Jackson was becoming addicted to the drug and tried to wean him off it.
During the two nights before Jackson's death, Murray said, he put together combinations of other drugs that succeeded in helping Jackson sleep.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/04/michael.jackson.charges/index.html

Last edited:
Re: Jackson's doctor 'negotiating' surrender

Article's been changed after a few minutes - now changed first post to the new version.

Re: Murray not to surrender to authorities Friday

All this means, at the moment, is that Dr. Murray will not be allowed to surrender peacefully in court without arrest (and handcuffs).

The L.A. County District Attorney's office still has the option to issue a warrant for his arrest tomorrow, and have the LAPD apprehend him (in handcuffs) at his mother-in-law's Santa Monica condominium.

This is what could and may happen come Friday morning.

Marty In LA

Last edited:

All this means, at the moment, is that Dr. Murray will not be allowed to surrender peacefully in court without arrest (and handcuffs).

The L.A. County District Attorney's office still has the option to issue a warrant for his arrest tomorrow, and have the LAPD apprehend him (in handcuffs) at his mother-in-law's Santa Monica condominium.

Marty In LA

Let's hope so Marty. They better arrest him.

Marty In LA
i really hope you are correct:angel:

I can't believe there are negotiations at all. What to negotiate about? Arrest him already.

Last edited:

according to both his spokesperson and lawyer they seem to no nothing about it and claim it's still going forward.

Ya don't say? Am I surprised...NOPE! Really we won't know until we actually see this on the TV! I'll be watching!

according to both his spokesperson and lawyer they seem to no nothing about it and claim it's still going forward.
what did they say? do you have a source?

I wanna see him in handcluffs - just to make him feel like crap.

They did it to Michael wrongfully :puke: Murray killed Mike and he deserves it!

i see so many conflicting reprts, i now see that he going to surrender whether he's charged or not. it seems all eyes are on the DA

what did they say? do you have a source?

here's my sources

A spokeswoman for Murray's attorney tells E! that they still intend to go forward with the surrender plan put in place earlier today, however. Murray and his legal camp were planning to head to the police station for booking first thing Friday morning.

"We had an agreement with Deputy District Attorney David Walgren and we will adhere to it," Miranda Sevcik says. "We are planning to surrender Murray tomorrow and attend the 1:30 arraignment. If they changed their minds, that's on them."
http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b165780_brakes_slammed_on_conrad_murray.html

"I don't know what part of negotiations could have broken down, in light of the fact that we've placed ourselves in the hands of law enforcement to surrender at any time," said Ed Chernoff, Murray's lawyer.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/05/michael.jackson.doctor.charges/index.html
Here's also what the LAPD said
it was not immediately clear when Murray would be arraigned. Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said it would not happen on Friday.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sh...r_to_Los_Angeles_Cops_Over_Singers_Drug_Death

considering dateline is airing tomorrow night this don't really surprize me..
messed up stuff

So hes still being charged or what is goin on? im confused.

So hes still being charged or what is goin on? im confused.

To be honest with you I have no idea, I'm so confused as well. I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon

No problem, if I find anything else before i go to bed I'll definitely post it. I'm just so sick of waiting that I'll be totally dissapointed if it doesn't happen tomorrow. I just wish they would set a date and actually keep it.

No problem, if I find anything else before i go to bed I'll definitely post it. I'm just so sick of waiting that I'll be totally dissapointed if it doesn't happen tomorrow. I just wish they would set a date and actually keep it.

:hug: I know how u feel hun, i feel the same.

I care about the type of charge laid on Murray more than the date they arrest him. Involuntary Manslaughter ??? Really ? I'm most disappointed at that! Doen't the cover up attempt count for anything ?

I care about the type of charge laid on Murray more than the date they arrest him. Involuntary Manslaughter ??? Really ? I'm most disappointed at that! Doen't the cover up attempt count for anything ?

Yeh i reckon it should be murder..but that is just IMO

You guys check the CNN article they updated it with lotsa info that explains exactly what will go down tomorrow.

KABC 7 News Thursday Night 11PM Update.

Marty In LA

Last edited:

So here's what I've gathered it seems the LAPD have no plans for him to surrender but both his spokesperson and lawyer are saying he will go through with it despite that. If they don't let him do an arraignment he will then meet with the media outside the courtroom. The the police would have to go find him and arrest him on their own time and own terms. That's so far what I've gathered.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/02/05/michael.jackson.doctor.charges/index.html
"If authorities refuse to take him into custody for a court arraignment, then Murray and his lawyers will meet with reporters outside the courthouse, Miranda Sevcik said."

This is just ridiculous. The police absolutely cannot take anyone into custody without a legal warrant and charge. You can't dictate to the police when to issue a warrant, or to take you into custody without a warrant/charge, that's just illegal.

Until you read on CNN or another reliable source that an arrest warrant was issued, nothing will happen.

Last edited:

But there must be some sort of charge, atleast in talks if anything since the LAPD and DA clearly knows he wants to surrender, I think they had said he would agree to surrender and that morning they would file charges or something to that extent.

Back