Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

   

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Points: 18,001, Level: 85
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330
    Points
    18,001
    Level
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and Clearly the Victim of a Perverted Doctor-Patient Relationship?

    Dr. Johnny Benjamin(Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, Medical Journalist)
    Posted: February 16, 2010 06:52 AM

    The death of Michael Jackson was both unnecessary and deeply troubling. The thought of a well-trained cardiologist divorcing himself from the realm of sanity and performing general anesthesia in someone's bedroom defies words. This rogue physician's lack of integrity cost a man his life, his family a loved one and the world a prodigy.

    Unfortunately these actions underscore a potentially dangerous and far too common trend occurring in doctor's offices throughout America: patient-mandated care.

    I am all for patient education and the benefits of the internet but there is an appropriate manner in which to utilize this information. Direct marketing of drugs, procedures and surgical implants to patients has significantly altered the doctor-patient relationship and the dynamics of the interaction.

    It is virtually impossible to watch the evening news without being bombarded with the latest celebrity endorsed osteoporosis drug. Watching the TV commercials during a major sporting event is far better than an actual office visit to diagnose and treat one's erectile dysfunction. And if the erection lasts more than 4 hours, consider yourself blessed!

    A person walking into a doctor's office and demanding various treatments and/or medications often before the doctor has completed their greeting is a common example of what I call patient mandated care. "Hello Mr. Smith, I'm Dr. Benjamin. I understand...yeah nice to meet you doc. I'm here for some pain medication". No history and physical examination, no review of prior treatment or medications, just give me what I want.

    Information is empowering and useful. A patient demanding specific care is potentially dangerous and often a tremendous waste of resources. Truly, a version of this scenario plays out everyday in virtually every doctor's office in America.

    The correct answer is for the physician to merely say no; many do, which invariably sparks a confrontation. It only takes one doctor to acquiesce and take the easy road and write that prescription, order that unnecessary test or perform that procedure.

    Unfortunately, as in the case of Michael Jackson, the world has painfully learned how horribly wrong the perverted doctor patient relationship can go. The moral to this story is to be very careful of what you demand and beg for in a doctor's office, because you may be just one questionable physician away from serious heartache and pain.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johnny..._b_463496.html
    I Love You More!

  2. #2
    Points: 1,998, Level: 26
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    237
    Points
    1,998
    Level
    26
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 34 Times in 16 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    i think the article is unfortunately titled, probably for "effect". The writer is basically saying there is something wrong in the medical profession when patients can ask and receive anything they want, and that patient beware because it only takes one unethical doctor and you may get what you want even though it's dangerous.

    the title makes it sound like mj could be to blame, but i don't think the article is actually suggesting that.

  3. #3
    Points: 16,731, Level: 82
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,667
    Points
    16,731
    Level
    82
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,303 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    all MJ wanted was sleep and all Murray cared about how could he make MJ's problem more severe so he could ask for more money . Murray is a criminal and should be treated as a criminal not just a doctor who commited a mistake .

  4. #4
    Points: 2,213, Level: 28
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    706
    Points
    2,213
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    boooy that artcle is so true!! I know it is.

    "...yeah nice to meet you doc. I'm here for some pain medication". No history and physical examination, no review of prior treatment or medications, just give me what I want. ...
    This is what happened.

    Lord knows how much I still suffer and still cry. Michael asked for it! He should have asked for an appropriated help, not alot of pills. I have read the autopsy, and I cant understand how he could even walk(too many pills). If there is a psychiatrist here, I know she/he will agree with me.

    :

    You help me understand that love is the answer to all that I am. You taught me by sharing your life. Thank you! ♥

  5. #5
    Points: 37,245, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    7,865
    Points
    37,245
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,905
    Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by Petals View Post
    boooy that artcle is so true!! I know it is.

    This is what happened.

    Lord knows how much I still suffer and still cry. Michael asked for it! He should have asked for an appropriated help, not alot of pills. I have read the autopsy, and I cant understand how he could even walk(too many pills). If there is a psychiatrist here, I know she/he will agree with me.

    :
    Michael had no pills in his stomach neither did he ask for pain medication. Maybe you should read the autopsy report and try to go by facts instead of whatever illusions you have in your head. Not even his organs showed signs of long time drug (ab)use, if he had popped as many pills as you claim to know, sure his autopsy report would have showed something else :smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:
    Last edited by twinklEE; 17-02-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Loving you forever can't be wrong
    Even though you are not here
    Won't move on



    Michael + Me


  6. #6
    Points: 18,001, Level: 85
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330
    Points
    18,001
    Level
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklEE View Post
    Michael had no pills in his stomach neither did he ask for pain medication. Maybe you should read the autopsy report and try to go by facts instead of whatever illusions you have in your head. Not even his organs showed signs of long time drug (ab)use, if he had popped as many pills as you claim to know, sure his autopsy report would have showed something else :smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:
    I may be wrong(i'll check later) but i think michael did have some pills in his system but they were given to him by murray to sleep, not pain medication.
    I Love You More!

  7. #7
    Points: 3,253, Level: 35
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    514
    Points
    3,253
    Level
    35
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklEE View Post
    Michael had no pills in his stomach neither did he ask for pain medication. Maybe you should read the autopsy report and try to go by facts instead of whatever illusions you have in your head. Not even his organs showed signs of long time drug (ab)use, if he had popped as many pills as you claim to know, sure his autopsy report would have showed something else :smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:

    Well said!
    "You taught me by sharing your life."

  8. #8
    Points: 2,213, Level: 28
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    706
    Points
    2,213
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by nena View Post
    I may be wrong(i'll check later) but i think michael did have some pills in his system but they were given to him by murray to sleep, not pain medication.
    yes! that's what I'm talking about. sleeping pills.

    sometimes he was "grog" he would sign gifts and give them back to the fans instead of taking the gifts.

    it hurts me that those people who worked with him did nothing.

    by the way, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to discuss things with mature people. :sigh:

    You help me understand that love is the answer to all that I am. You taught me by sharing your life. Thank you! ♥

  9. #9
    Points: 18,001, Level: 85
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330
    Points
    18,001
    Level
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by Petals View Post
    yes! that's what I'm talking about. sleeping pills.

    sometimes he was "grog" he would sign gifts and give them back to the fans instead of taking the gifts.

    it hurts me that those people who worked with him did nothing.

    by the way, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to discuss things with mature people. :sigh:
    maybe that was a misunderstanding on michael part, the signing the gifts and giving them back.

    when are you saying michael was "grog" because the last couple of years he seemed ok to me, he was thinner than he had been in a while but he was never a big man. I don't think pilsl were michael problem anymore he was misguided by doctors and he trusted them too much.

    most of the people who worked for michael didn't care about his well being, if they thought something was wrong they'd turn the other cheek and weren't concerned as long as they were getting paid.

    michael didn't need medical professional "friends", he needed a doctor who could find him safe and effective help for his problem whether it be insomnia or something else. Just remember michael only had drugs in his system which murray gave him to "sleep".
    I Love You More!

  10. #10
    Points: 29,863, Level: 99
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    MIST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,908
    Points
    29,863
    Level
    99
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,617
    Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,736 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by Petals View Post
    yes! that's what I'm talking about. sleeping pills.

    sometimes he was "grog" he would sign gifts and give them back to the fans instead of taking the gifts.

    it hurts me that those people who worked with him did nothing.

    by the way, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to discuss things with mature people. :sigh:
    We know that Michael had huge problems to sleep.
    It seemed quite common he had sleepless nights, maybe sometimes he didn´t sleep for two nights in a row and of course you get very tired and stressed when you´re not able to sleep.
    You do mistakes, like signing gifts and give them back.
    More accidents happens because people are tired then because they have taken drugs.
    It´s also used as torture, not letting people sleep.

  11. #11
    Points: 2,213, Level: 28
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    706
    Points
    2,213
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by twinklEE View Post
    Michael had no pills in his stomach neither did he ask for pain medication. Maybe you should read the autopsy report and try to go by facts instead of whatever illusions you have in your head. Not even his organs showed signs of long time drug (ab)use, if he had popped as many pills as you claim to know, sure his autopsy report would have showed something else :smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes::smilerolleyes:
    I have just read what you wrote to me in my "Latest Reputation Received".
    "ignorant, mind, Michael never asked for pills"

    I DO NOT tolerate any aggressive behavior against me because I DO NOT treat anybody in here like I have been treated by you!
    Just because I stated MY opinion. I DID NOT mention your name and I DID NOT cause you any harm by stating my opinion!

    I ask for respect!

    I have reported you and I have contacted the president of this forum.

    Thank you.

    You help me understand that love is the answer to all that I am. You taught me by sharing your life. Thank you! ♥

  12. #12
    Points: 4,544, Level: 42
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,573
    Points
    4,544
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by Petals View Post
    I have just read what you wrote to me in my "Latest Reputation Received".
    "ignorant, mind, Michael never asked for pills"

    I DO NOT tolerate any aggressive behavior against me because I DO NOT treat anybody in here like I have been treated by you!
    Just because I stated MY opinion. I DID NOT mention your name and I DID NOT cause you any harm by stating my opinion!

    I ask for respect!

    I have reported you and I have contacted the president of this forum.

    Thank you.
    You Go Girl!! Enough of this attacking people for simply having a differing opinion than someone elses.
    Stranger at the Seaside

  13. #13
    Points: 1,051, Level: 17
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    RockWithMichael4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    421
    Points
    1,051
    Level
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by petals View Post
    i have just read what you wrote to me in my "latest reputation received".
    "ignorant, mind, michael never asked for pills"

    i do not tolerate any aggressive behavior against me because i do not treat anybody in here like i have been treated by you!
    Just because i stated my opinion. I did not mention your name and i did not cause you any harm by stating my opinion!

    I ask for respect!

    I have reported you and i have contacted the president of this forum.

    Thank you.
    goooooooooo petals!

  14. #14
    Points: 190, Level: 3
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On this side of the Universe...
    Posts
    835
    Points
    190
    Level
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    I'm sure, when the trail takes place, everyone will hear how Michael Jackson got involved with Propofol or any other drugs that he came into contact with. I am sure that we will hear how drugs were prescribed to Michael. I'm sure we will hear how Conrad Murray ended up being the doctor of Michael Jackson. Somebody has a lot of explaining to do and that's why I'm keeping an open mind, because there will be two sides to this story. Somewhere in the middle there must be the truth.

  15. #15
    Points: 4,544, Level: 42
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,573
    Points
    4,544
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Was Michael Jackson Part of the Cause and the Victim of a Doctor-Patient Relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by nena View Post
    [B]
    Unfortunately these actions underscore a potentially dangerous and far too common trend occurring in doctor's offices throughout America: patient-mandated care.

    I am all for patient education and the benefits of the internet but there is an appropriate manner in which to utilize this information. Direct marketing of drugs, procedures and surgical implants to patients has significantly altered the doctor-patient relationship and the dynamics of the interaction.

    A person walking into a doctor's office and demanding various treatments and/or medications often before the doctor has completed their greeting is a common example of what I call patient mandated care. "Hello Mr. Smith, I'm Dr. Benjamin. I understand...yeah nice to meet you doc. I'm here for some pain medication". No history and physical examination, no review of prior treatment or medications, just give me what I want.

    Information is empowering and useful. A patient demanding specific care is potentially dangerous and often a tremendous waste of resources. Truly, a version of this scenario plays out everyday in virtually every doctor's office in America.

    The correct answer is for the physician to merely say no; many do, which invariably sparks a confrontation. It only takes one doctor to acquiesce and take the easy road and write that prescription, order that unnecessary test or perform that procedure.

    Unfortunately, as in the case of Michael Jackson, the world has painfully learned how horribly wrong the perverted doctor patient relationship can go. The moral to this story is to be very careful of what you demand and beg for in a doctor's office, because you may be just one questionable physician away from serious heartache and pain.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johnny..._b_463496.html
    Some of this article is very true and unless you are on the side of being a caregiver in a hospital. a doctor in a doctors office or work in the Emergency Room, it is hard to understand the pressure physicians are put under by patients. There are some bad doctors who write prescriptions they should not but there are also some patients who demand drugs too and they often go from facility to facility to get them.

    I know these things are being more looked at now but its a hard thing to stop because some people really are in pain and have real problems and you can't ignore their cries for help either.

    I am so sorry Michael had trouble sleeping and wish it had gone so much differently for him. I don't really know how it got so bad he would even consider Propofol or any such powerful sedative; and I don't know if Murray had said no if he would have found someone else. Probably. The sad thing is that people will do things for money and thats the truth.
    Stranger at the Seaside

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •