June 25th 2010 - MJJC LONDON Meet Up......UPDATED.

Beccabubbles

Proud Member
MJJC MEET UP
FRIDAY JUNE 25TH 2010
LONDON

ripmichaeljacksonstock2.jpg

This will be a day for us to come together as a family to remember, to mourn and to honour Michael.

The gathering will begin in St James Park from 12PM.
We will gather on the south side of the park, around where I have circled in red on the maps below:

markedmapofstjamespark.png

map3u.png

We will remain here for most of the day where you can come and go as you like.
Here we can sit, listen to music, talk and just be together in a beautiful location.

The area is surrounded by tube and train stations making it easy to get to.
It has amenities in the park it's self, but is also close by to other places you may want too.
Here is the link to the parks website for more information:
http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st_james_park/

The weather forcast is for the day that it will be fine. But if the weather turns against us, and it is pouring with rain, then we shall meet at
The National Gallery.
The gallery is free of charge, not far from the park and is surrounded by tube stations.
http://nationalgallery.org.uk/
I will be posting on here and on Twitter on the day if the weather is bad to let you know where to meet, or you can text or call me.
This is the back up plan, but I am very much hoping that we will not have to use it.

In the evening, we will head over to the O2, where I have booked an area for us in the Slug and Lettuce at 9PM.
Here is a link if you want to see what the Slug and Lettuce is like:
http://www.theo2.co.uk/inside/bars-restaurants-slug-lettuce.html

There is a nice area outside the O2 where we can go after this, near a water feature. Here we can light candles and have a two minute silence along with fans all over the world at 10.26pm.

I am going to be making an MJJC banner for the day to help members find where we are.
We can wirte our names and where we are from all over it, to show we are one big family, all over the world.
If you can not make it to be with us in London in person, but would like your name on the banner, just post here or PM me and I will put it on there for you.

There are some enginering works over the weekend on the tubes, but hopefully nothing that will affect us. You can check online here:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/default.html

Threre are many hotels to stay at in and around London.
I myself will be staying at the Premier Inn London Docklands with a few other members.
Here is a few websites you may find useful for accomodation:
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv00005w/Hotels.aspx?k=London&d=20100625&n=1&rt=1-0
http://www.premierinn.com/en/
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

Please state in the thread below if you think you may be joining us, to come together as one big family on this day.

Any questions or queries, just post in the thread or feel free to PM me.

I will PM everybody that has posted to say they may come my mobile phone number as a central contact point for the day. Remember, if you want to exchange mobile numbers with myself or other members, please to dont post them in the thread, PM them.

L.O.V.E.

Becca

xxx

Family Members Possibly Attending

Beccabubbles
Sloride
michaels wendy bird
Screamin
Blue eyed belle
thrillerchild
StacyMJ
bano7
ObsessedAboutMJ
Leanne
mjzfille
Calaquendi
andyroser
Miss_Dangerous
Benji78
Tin Angel
man_in_the_mirror
Dianelesley
Katee
serenity
MJsPYT90
Harmony
mjjfans4life
fairyliquid
Petrarose
Jackie11
Tom

Last edited:
Re: June 25th 2010 - MJJC LONDON Meet Up....

June 25th. Makes me feel sick just thinking about that date. I need my family for that day which is why I'm so thankful for this meetup. Thanks Becca xxxxx

i think its a great idea to be with oneanother on the 25th , its gonna be soo hard to cope

I'm gonna need time to think about this. I'm only gonna be able to get half day for this at best, maybe a couple of hours early before leaving work :( Depending on where this is gonna be (o2 more than likely) there's gonna be two kinds of atmosphere, party and mourning, I'm not ready for the party atmosphere on that day.

I've been thinking about this...to be honest I don't think I'll be able to say until much nearer the time whether I can come. I have no idea how I'm gonna be feeling you know? Travelling to London and stuff...I might not be able to that day. :( Part of me feels like heading off to a beach or something, not sure. I'll come back to it much nearer the time when I know how I'm feeling.

I'll definately be there and I'm 100% sure my friend from work will wanna come with me too, shes a huge MJ fan :) Cant wait to hear more details!!!

what is the plan for it? light candles etc?

I hope I can go. I will need so much my MJJC family. :cry:

I'll most defo be in London on the 25th june, sad day its going to be.

Re: June 25th 2010 - MJJC LONDON Meet Up....More Information Coming Soon...

I need to know asap if its at south east london, so l can book my flight. l did inform my boss that l need that day off cause l need my mjjcommunity family more...

I need to know asap if its at south east london, so l can book my flight. l did inform my boss that l need that day off cause l need my mjjcommunity family more...

I have not finalised the location yet. I have planned to do a scout of the locations I have short listed in around 6 weeks time to make a final decision. But all of the locations I have on the shortlist are in and around central London to make it easy for everyone to travel around on the tube etc.

I hope this helps so you can book the flight. If I can help you any more or give you futher information, just post here or PM me.

Becca

xxx

Last edited:

I would love to be there! Great.. :)

I have not finalised the location yet. I have planned to do a scout of the locations I have short listed in around 6 weeks time to make a final decision. But all of the locations I have on the shortlist are in and around central London to make it easy for everyone to travel around on the tube etc.

I hope this helps so you can book the flight. If I can help you any more or give you futher information, just post here or PM me.

Becca

xxx

Thanks Becs l have just booked my flight. See you in June by the will of God. Love you all:).

Thanks Becs l have just booked my flight. See you in June by the will of God. Love you all:).

Can't wait to see you again Maf. Its not going to be an easy day so I'm so happy we've got great friends to support each other.

Thats great news. Keep an eye on this thread.
All the details will be posted here in time.

L.O.V.E

xxx

I would be up for it, if I can get the time off work! :) x

I think I'm in London at that time in June, so I'll try and get there. I'd really love to meet up with other fans.

I will try to be there. Sorry I have been away from the site for so long so just catching up now.

I would be up for it, if I can get the time off work! :) x

I think I'm in London at that time in June, so I'll try and get there. I'd really love to meet up with other fans.

I will try to be there. Sorry I have been away from the site for so long so just catching up now.

This is great guys, we are going to need our family more than ever on this very difficult day.

Keep an eye on this thead and all the information will be posted here.

The location will be finalised by the end of April.

L.O.V.E

Becca

xxx

I'm going to be in London this weekend anyway now, so I will be there. :flowers:

I'm still undecided at the moment but I'm 60/40 sure I'll be there. If I can't get half day I'll get there for around 6pm *sigh*

I'll be there too!!! The old gang reunited to help each other through the day.

I would like to be there if I can - but that's assuming it will be in the evening or are you planning a day event Becca?

Back