OMG I hate the new Facebook settings!! *help*

*MissChanel*

Proud Member
There is no privacy. Now we get notifications when a friend VIEWS our profile? That's ridiculous. lol

I have a crush on this guy I know and I don't want him to get a "notification" every time I view his profile! Facebook just goes too far.

Is there any way I can make that not available for my friends to use cause I don't want certain people knowing when I view their page!

I don't think you see when someone views your profile, only when you or 1 of your friends have updated their profiles a message will be send out. And that is something you can turn of in you account settings.

I've been strugling with the new facebook as well, but found out a few handy options. Especially the list you can add your friends too.

^
Me neither.
At first I hated the new Facebook page and it's settings, but now I'm kinda getting used to it, I guess... Or at least it seems I have to :)

There is no privacy. Now we get notifications when a friend VIEWS our profile? That's ridiculous. lol

I have a crush on this guy I know and I don't want him to get a "notification" every time I view his profile! Facebook just goes too far.

Is there any way I can make that not available for my friends to use cause I don't want certain people knowing when I view their page!
\
Don't worry it does not but! and I got set up last night! lol!

I got a notification saying my friend had viewed my profile (they did not). So I clicked on it and being curious went on clicking. It then sent out random notifications to friends saying I was viewing their profile. I have not even been to some of their pages directly in 2 weeks! lol!. You are safe! Just don't click on that "Peep Who's Peeping Your Profile" ish or anything like that! lol!:smilerolleyes:

So I had to send like a Mass PM to all my buddies last night to let them know..yes I do visit your profile but not this night you got the notification and I posted it as my status warning people not to get 'click happy!':doh::mello:

Don't worry you safe...:better:

i really dislike facebook. I have an account there but never use it. I dont even have pictures in it. My only purpose is to stay connected with some folks. You can stay connected with phone numbers too, but sometimes they lose their cells, etc.

I loved Myspace until Myspace got sloppy and allowed all users to freely modify their profiles with glitter graphics that goes on forever, sometimes crashing your browser or even to the point where they accidentally eliminated the comment or send message buttons. Oh and all the spam you can eat. ...lol.

I agree with the sentiments over Facebook. It is too much. I shut everything off. My friends cant even comment on my page lol. Forced to send a pm instead.
Some day Facebook will make it so your pms gets publicly posted! Just wait and see. lol

Some day Facebook will make it so your pms gets publicly posted! Just wait and see. lol

Yup, cause now when you post on your friend's page..If you write a post directly on their wall it actually publishes it now in the News Feed:mello:. There used to be a way you could turn that off. There are friends that I have that are not mutual friends with my friends..so I liked being able to post my thoughts on their wall with only them and their friends seeing it but not my own friends lol!:no:

Then There are days when I just shut my wall down and only open it for MJ fans...:wub:

So If use the friend list feature..that's also good for blocking what others see as well.

Time to go back to using the phone to say Hello! Which I prefer anyways! but everyone text's sooo much now..:scratch:

Facebook rocks. And no, I don't think it tells people when you visit their profiles.. probably just another silly application. :)

i really dislike facebook. I have an account there but never use it. I dont even have pictures in it. My only purpose is to stay connected with some folks. You can stay connected with phone numbers too, but sometimes they lose their cells, etc.

I loved Myspace until Myspace got sloppy and allowed all users to freely modify their profiles with glitter graphics that goes on forever, sometimes crashing your browser or even to the point where they accidentally eliminated the comment or send message buttons. Oh and all the spam you can eat. ...lol.

I agree with the sentiments over Facebook. It is too much. I shut everything off. My friends cant even comment on my page lol. Forced to send a pm instead.

Me too.. I deactivated my account actually. It was all just too much and out of control :no:

Yup, cause now when you post on your friend's page..If you write a post directly on their wall it actually publishes it now in the News Feed:mello:. There used to be a way you could turn that off. There are friends that I have that are not mutual friends with my friends..so I liked being able to post my thoughts on their wall with only them and their friends seeing it but not my own friends lol!:no:
Oh...do ALL of your friends see it when you post on someone elses wall? Because I thought only the people who have the one you wrote listed as a friend too, can read those. But when you delete that '.... wrote on ...'s wall' in your wall listing, isn't the message on the homepage gone for them then either?

Ugh, confusing.:doh:

^
Me neither.
At first I hated the new Facebook page and it's settings, but now I'm kinda getting used to it, I guess... Or at least it seems I have to :)

Yeah me too but at first when I saw the new facebook home page I was like wtf? I mean I kinda just like it to kown what I'm during on facebook! you kown:agree:

Back