Pual Anka tribute to Michael Jackson

MichaelJacksonOne

Proud Member
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjyTdulEZng&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjyTdulEZng&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm not sure if this is the same performance without watching both for a few minutes to compare. There is a thread about Paul's tribute here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84128&highlight=paul+anka+tribute

:flowers:

No, this was this Monday in Chile and it was quite emotional.

I was sooooo upset PA was using the song after all he said about MJ stealing it, etc... and then Paul Anka surprised us. Before playing the song, he explained the true story behind it, how MJ and he wrote it so long ago, how people thought it was new and that he never ever had any problems with Michael for he loved him and respected him so much :)ermm: yes, now). It was very emotional, but yes... he didn't mention what he himself called MJ and that he is getting big money whichi is just fine, he deserves his part too).

Anyway, it was great, for this is part of a huge festival broadcasted to Latin America and this was a big, bit SHUT YOUR MOUTH for a number of haters and ignorants who had been talking about this before the tribute. They can't say that anymore here :D

It was the topic of the day. As soon as PA arrived to Chile, the only question was "Are you going to make the tribute to Michael Jackson?" :wild:

Very nice :)

I am sorry but he acted like a spoiled brat when the song came out and said not so nice things about Michael. For someone who has been in the business a long time he handled it poorly. He should get credit for the song because he wrote it too but there was no need to say the things he did.

you know..Michael's greatest friend is the music, itself. the music only wants to come alive for Michael. and no one can take that away from him. there is great satisfaction in that.

you know..Michael's greatest friend is the music, itself. the music only wants to come alive for Michael. and no one can take that away from him. there is great satisfaction in that.

That is really nice. I never thought of that.

WHEN MICHAEL JACKSON SINGS THE CLOUDS PART
AND THE HEAVENS OPEN UP.
61308LawOK.jpg

Paul Anka is as two-faced as they come! he's another one benefitting from Mike's passing.

ok my 2 cents

first paul anka speaks crap about michael.

now this tribute. it's good. it shows that at least he tried to make the song sound better.

it also shows that paul anka has a "kind of" acapella of the song (finger snipping is still there) and that John McClain (who altered the song a little for the movie release, for example added the orchestra and the jacksons' voices) has no talent at all at producing, even though he has been in the music industry already for a long time.

i mean just listen at 5:50 and beyond. now this sounds groovy, it has a heavy bass and loads of instruments and sounds so happy and like a nice lounge song from today.

but what john mcclain did, he basically took the demo, added a little stuff and that's it. i mean he didn't even have the acapella or a high quality version, because honestly, the sound quality of the released version sounds not like industry standard... well at least we have now a 1 min 30 version of a "this is it" that actually sounds good and like someone really put some thought behind it, not "kind of demo" that john mcclain together with sony threw out.

this is it, i feel graaand i'm the light of the world i feeel granddd

Well... I don't know how many of you actually saw this (and not the previous of November at Israel), but PA says no single crap about MJ in this particular show. It's in fact the other way round :ermm:

I agree with you PA was very, very bad to MJ saying he had "stolen" his song. Yeah right, MJ stealing music -_- However, I just would say that this was important here in my little country at the end of the world. Before PA arrived to Chile, people were asking if he would do the "tribute"; people were waiting for it. But of course, we also have haters, media and tabloids saying how MJ had "stolen" that song to "poor PA" and other crap just minutes before the show.

So when PA came and said what he said HERE, that MJ just keep his copy, that they wrote this together, that they and not MJ had made a confussion and stating simply MJ was innocent and clean of that rubbish, made a difference here. We fans, of course, know the story, but it is different when you have this guy saying the truth about MJ to the whole country, in a show that is being broadcasted to all Latin America and with this being repeated over and over in all media. This is the largest festival here :)

That was the important thing for us here. Many haters mouths shut at once.

But yeah, right, this is just Chile, who cares. Kraken Opus has given me several lessons about that :lol:

Well... I don't know how many of you actually saw this (and not the previous of November at Israel), but PA says no single crap about MJ in this particular show. It's in fact the other way round :ermm:

I agree with you PA was very, very bad to MJ saying he had "stolen" his song. Yeah right, MJ stealing music -_- However, I just would say that this was important here in my little country at the end of the world. Before PA arrived to Chile, people were asking if he would do the "tribute"; people were waiting for it. But of course, we also have haters, media and tabloids saying how MJ had "stolen" that song to "poor PA" and other crap just minutes before the show.

So when PA came and said what he said HERE, that MJ just keep his copy, that they wrote this together, that they and not MJ had made a confussion and stating simply MJ was innocent and clean of that rubbish, made a difference here. We fans, of course, know the story, but it is different when you have this guy saying the truth about MJ to the whole country, in a show that is being broadcasted to all Latin America and with this being repeated over and over in all media. This is the largest festival here :)

That was the important thing for us here. Many haters mouths shut at once.

But yeah, right, this is just Chile, who cares. Kraken Opus has given me several lessons about that :lol:

indeed, it's nice to see one person publicly change his mind, like that. one down, a few million to go.

Paul Anka is as two-faced as they come! he's another one benefitting from Mike's passing.
So what if Paul Anka is making money from the This Is It song that he co-wrote? Should all the money from the song go to MJ because he is dead? Paul Anka co-write it so he is entitled to the money. Paul Anka never asked for any of this because the estate never asked his permission to use the song.

indeed, it's nice to see one person publicly change his mind, like that. one down, a few million to go.

Sure, so there's a lot of work to do.
I am glad that at least one of these things was closed and to be honest, I was surprised. We never thought he would do it, but he did. I'll keep and focus on that :)

I didn't like how PA acted with tii....but we're talking about musicians,they have egos and they tend to be drama queens,so I'll look at the big picture here,a great composer paying a tribute to someone who doesn't need presentations and being proud of it.

I loved the tribute,and the way he presented the song,the way the public paid respect when M name was mentioned,it was touching,great version.

I enjoyed the background music here as well. It made Michael sound better than the already released version.

Why couldn't have Paul said from the very begining that Michael and himself co-wrote the song? As oppose to "he stole my song..." all over TMZ and ET? It was very cold and cruel of him to speak of Michael that way and for a song that no even heard or cared for in over 25 years, seems heartless.

Glad he had a change of heart, but what he said before will never erase from my mind.

Why couldn't have Paul said from the very begining that Michael and himself co-wrote the song? As oppose to "he stole my song..." all over TMZ and ET? It was very cold and cruel of him to speak of Michael that way and for a song that no even heard or cared for in over 25 years, seems heartless.

Glad he had a change of heart, but what he said before will never erase from my mind.

all of that is understood, considering all the massive armies of evil that was put upon MJ.
when it rains, people decided to pour..

Not this again guys. He said Michael's people stole the tapes that the songs were recorded on. The song-stealing part is about releasing "This is it" without crediting Anka which has nothing to do with Michael, since it happened after his death.

Not this again guys. He said Michael's people stole the tapes that the songs were recorded on. The song-stealing part is about releasing "This is it" without crediting Anka which has nothing to do with Michael, since it happened after his death.

Yes, he did so. But the "funny" thing in this one is that the man openly recognized MJ and he made the song and that MJ did nothing wrong at all. I wish he had never had to so this at all, that he had never told those lies about Michael, but I am glad that he is doing this now, openly.

How many liars have come openly and in front of audiences to clear Michael's name?

That's not true. He said Michael got bigheaded and he stole the tapes. ie the tapes Sony used to make TII.

Back