Any Eazy E or N.W.A. fans here?

JustBeatIt91

Proud Member
I have always loved N.W.A. and I have always been drawn to Eazy I think its the Jheri Curl haha reminded me so much of MJ

But I think there the best rap group ever

Any other fans?

I still don't know how Dr. Dre went from wearing glitter suits and talking about turning off the lights to being a "gangsta". :tease:

lol That one has always been a puzzler :p But after the beef between him and Eazy they put it behind them on Eazy's death bed :(

"Cruising down the street in my six fo!"

YES YES YES boyz in hood is one of my favorite joints

yes NWA always got played in my house thanks to my brothers

Cause the boys in the hood is always hard coming talking that trash and thell pull your card hahah I love that song to

LOL I LOVE Eazy E.... when they had the big snow storm in d.c. I was locked in my room jamming to all 90's gangsta rap. Eazy, N.W.A., Nas, etc. Eazy was great and even though he wasnt the best rapper he had a unique distinctive sound when he rapped, you knew it was Eazy lol.

He brought gangsta rap into the mainstream because before N.W.A alot of rap didnt talk about explicit street life, it was real but nowadays alot of rappers abuse it and talk about things that they didnt even live through unlike Eazy who was a former crip and drug dealer Ice Cube was to I believe.

He was a smart business man and he formed one of the most successful rap lables of all time Ruthless records. He seemed to have a great sence of humor and spirit. It was so horrible how he passed, so young.

I never was really a big Dr.Dre fan. His not a good rapper at all. His talents lies in producing which was all he was to begin with even with N.W.A. he didnt grow up on the street, Eazy made him apart of the group so he could produce.

One of my favs by him is Real Compton City G's
But love Eazy E one of my fav's R.I.P.

I know I always thought that was so jacket up just shots the guy and than takes his burgers!

But After I saw Don't be a Menace I cant take take that scene seriously anymore

I know I always thought that was so jacket up just shots the guy and than takes his burgers!

But After I saw Don't be a Menace I cant take take that scene seriously anymore

haha!

"Whatchu say about my momma? Break yourself!!"

"She got more kids than Ms Waynes."

haha!

"Whatchu say about my momma? Break yourself!!"

"She got more kids than Ms Waynes."

:rofl:

"Do WE have a problem here?"

"Whats U.S.S.R."

lol When Loc Dog had that Nuke in the mail truck I was on the floor laughing

"Do WE have a problem here?"

"Whats U.S.S.R."

lol When Loc Dog had that Nuke in the mail truck I was on the floor laughing

205ut12.jpg

"Man! That is...some good shiiit!"

I'm a casual NWA fan because I've only heard a handful of their songs, but I listen to that handful all the time. They own.

Oh, and "Eazy Duz It" has the best opening ever EVER.

Not that I know but they were both Crips at one point so who knows.

Oh ok, kinda knew that, but then again, there are different sets in the Crips. I was asking that cause they had that beef back in the day, you know with that Snoop and Dr Dre song " Eazy E, Eazy E, Eazy E can eat a ..........." but according to wikipedia (i know its not a good source) Dre visited Eazy when he was at the the hospital before dying + Dre and Cube were at Eazy's funeral so i was wondering if Snoop had had the time to become his friend.

Last edited:
Not sure but I'm assuming so cos during the Up In Smoke tour Dre and Snoop payed tribute to late artists and Eazy was one of them.

37687a.jpg

MESSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGE!!!!!!

Last edited:
5540f050801ffcbc36b31df8_summer-movies-straight-outta-compton.jpg

by Joe Reid - Vanity Fair
August 15, 2015

Proving that, for this weekend anyway, it's better to be a rapper from Compton than a man from U.N.C.L.E., Universal’s Straight Outta Compton is in the midst of utterly cleaning up at the box-office, pulling in nearly $30 million between Thursday night and Friday, and now on track to hit $57 million for the weekend. By comparison, the weekend’s other major release, Warner Bros.' (rather delightful) The Man from U.N.C.L.E., is projected for a disappointing $13 million for the full weekend.

Once again, it seems like the box-office projections for an African-American-focused film with wide commercial appeal were wildly lowballed. Compton, directed by F. Gary Gray and starring O'Shea Jackson Jr. and Paul Giamatti, was only projected to make between $25 and $29 million, according to Variety; in reality, the film is going to nearly double that. We’ve seen this before, with the Kevin Hart comedy smash Ride Along and with the romantic-comedy crowd-pleaser The Best Man Holiday. How many more “surprise” hits with African-American leads will there be before we stop seeing them as surprises?

For now, though, Compton’s huge success continues a positively charmed year for Universal, which has so far cleaned up with Furious 7, Minions, Pitch Perfect 2, and the small matter of Jurassic World, which is still creeping its way up towards becoming the second-biggest domestic blockbuster of all time. Likely as you read this article, Universal is crossing the $2 billion domestic box-office threshold, the earliest in the year that any studio has reached that pricey milestone. Here’s hoping everybody at Universal gets an extra summer Friday for their accomplishments this year.

How Jason Mitchell went from unknown actor to Eazy-E in 'Straight Outta Compton'

By Mark Olsen
August 18, 2015 - LA Times
900x506

As audiences were leaving "Straight Outta Compton" on its $60.2-million opening weekend, many were asking about the unknown actor playing N.W.A member Eric "Eazy-E" Wright. In scene after scene, the rise, fall and eventual death of Eazy-E provides the film with an emotional core, as his street-hustler smarts and showman's acumen help guide the group to dazzling heights.

Though it's not the first film role for 28-year-old Jason Mitchell, it is by far his biggest. Raised in New Orleans, he started acting only some five years ago, but Mitchell notes with pride that his very first time on a film set, for the dramatic thriller "Texas Killing Fields," he had a speaking part.

"I figured it would have a different type of people than what I was used to," he says of his decision to turn to acting. "I just wanted to see if I could find my own therapy. I didn't think talking to somebody about my problems and me paying you for that is going to bring me any less stress. I just wanted to do something I felt was expressive."

Mitchell's mother had a career in the Army, and so the early part of his life was spent tagging along with her and his siblings as they moved about the globe. It was around middle school that the family settled in New Orleans, where his mother had been raised. Then, around the time he was graduating high school, Hurricane Katrina devastated the city. "We lost everything pretty much," he says. "We had to start over."

For him that meant a series of jobs, including cook, electrician and oyster shucker. But also, "I used to hustle on the side. I was also in the drug scene," Mitchell says. "And I started seeing a lot of things happen, things that were too close to home, and I thought that's not really what I want for myself. My best friend was killed in 2007, and that's where I started thinking, 'I'm just going to find something different to do.' And it took me a little while, but then I found acting school."

All five members of N.W.A are cast with unknowns. (O'Shea Jackson Jr. is the son of N.W.A member Ice Cube but makes his acting debut in the film.) "Straight Outta Compton" director F. Gary Gray explained in a recent episode of the podcast "The Call-In," hosted by "Selma" director Ava DuVernay, about the thinking behind his decision to cast unknown actors in the film's key roles.

"I was very deliberate in my approach to casting the movie," Gray said. "It all but demanded that it had to be new faces. The N.W.A story is way too powerful to be distracted by some celebrity emulating or pretending to be another celebrity."

From the moment he first learned of the role, Mitchell began preparing, immediately convinced of the potential scale of the role both for his career as an actor and for himself.

"It felt like I could really show all my creative guns," he said. "I have a huge character arc. I got to go from a drug dealer to an icon who gets to go to the White House to dying of AIDS. It's a huge, huge situation. Before I ever found out the magnitude, that it's a Universal project, and F. Gary Gray was involved, I didn't know all of those details, I just looked at Eazy-E and N.W.A as this could be potentially my ticket to change my life. And that was my fire."

When it came time to audition, Mitchell said he went all out for the role.
"I brought the rain," he says. "I cried hard in my first audition."

Mitchell was a fan of Eazy-E, N.W.A and Ice Cube before the project came about, though he admits he was first a fan of the group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, who recorded on Eazy-E's Ruthless Records label. Mitchell is also similar in size to the 5-foot, 5-inch Eazy-E, not that it had ever come up before.

"I'd never had any Eazy-E comparisons before this," the actor says. "Now it's like, 'You're exactly like him.' Which is crazy, right?"

Despite their similarities, Mitchell had to put on weight, work on a South Los Angeles accent and learn to rap along with the rest of the actors playing N.W.A. He met with Eazy-E's daughter and son, as well as his widow, Tomica Woods-Wright, also an executive producer on the film.

The film is dedicated to Wright, and the film's final section is largely handed over to his declining health and death. Wright died in March 1995, only one month after being diagnosed with AIDS, and Mitchell's hospital room deathbed scenes are the most emotional scenes in the film.

Filming the scenes proved emotional for Mitchell too. "It was very therapeutic," he says.

"I would advise anybody who doesn't cry on the regular to get it out. It felt good. Afterward people were crying, the air was really thick that day. And I just remember having a huge smile on my face. Everybody asked, 'How can you be smiling?' And I just felt so relieved. It was a place where I wasn't even acting anymore. I just fell into it."

Mitchell has already shot roles in two other films, "Vincent-N-Roxxy" with Emile Hirsch and Zoe Kravitz, and "Keanu," the Peter Atencio-directed film with Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, and was feeling a career boost from "Compton" even before its big opening weekend.

He is also quick to acknowledge that his turn in "Straight Outta Compton" could still wind up the high point of his career and could also be a crucial part of cementing the memory and legacy of Eric "Eazy-E" Wright.

"I don't know how people feel when they read about Ponce de Leon or whatever person they read about in history," Mitchell says. "I do know that 100 years from now, I would like to be judged by this and would like people to remember me by this. I want to be one of those people written about in history, but to be written in history as a historian is totally different. That's the opportunity with this."

Then, bringing up his neighborhood in New Orleans, he adds, "Hollywood to historian from Hollygrove. Who would have ever thought?"

Straight Outta Compton was a really good movie, the pretrial of each person was so good..

by Brandon Perry, August 14, 2015
tumblr_ntcifmcJyz1rgdak7o1_540.jpg

With today’s nationwide release of the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton, Hopes&Fears wondered why Hollywood execs left influential girl group J.J. Fad out of the picture. J.J. Fad’s seminal NWA-produced album Supersonic paved the way for their male counterparts by offering a poppy alternative to the gangster rap NWA would become known for, and - by hitting #33 on the Billboard Charts - legitimized Ruthless Records with a commercially successful album, enabling Straight Outta Compton to become the hit we know it as today.

We spoke with J.J. Fad’s Juana Burns about being left out of history, her group’s legacy, and who she would want to play her if they ever made a J.J. Fad biopic.

Hopes&Fears: People have been asking me if I’m excited to see Straight Outta Compton and the first thing I said is that I really hope they touch on J. J. Fad’s role in the album. How did you see your role in the whole thing?

Juana Burns: I just wish that they would have put in a line like, “Hey let me finish up with J. J. Fad in the studio. Eazy, I’ll be right with you.” And then, they could have put a little “Supersonic” in the background, so that the history would have been told the right way. If I wasn’t sitting here telling you this, you would never know. The average person would never know how integral we were, and how pivotal we were to the whole NWA story.

H&F: I feel like I know it by listening to those records.

JB: Exactly.

H&F: I don’t know if people in middle America watching the movie for the first time are going to know. Hopefully, this will let them know.

JB: Absolutely, absolutely. I wouldn’t diss the movie at all because I heard the movie was absolutely amazing. I’m super excited. I cannot wait to see it. But I know people are [going to mention our absence] and say, “It was for time’s sake.” Well no, it takes two seconds to say something. Two seconds. Just say the name of the group so that people know that it was actually a part of the history.

H&F: In Jerry Heller’s book he even says that he and Eazy actually put your record out first, on purpose. Is that how you remember it?

JB: Yeah, they did it strategically because they knew with them being so rough and hard that they needed to legitimize the label by putting us out first, letting us take off first [to] legitimize the label. Then after that, NWA just chopped the door down, but we definitely opened the doors for them to come out. They did it on purpose.

H&F: Is this why there’s a pop side and a hip-hop side on Supersonic? How was that determined?

JB: Yeah, Dre [produced] the album [with songs that] sounded poppy and [others that] sounded more like hardcore hip-hop. [That] was the way [we] decided to split up the songs.
tumblr_lrdlihuSJW1qed4l7o1_1280.jpg

H&F: Your first single, “Another Hoe,” was a diss track, but that was eventually dropped off of the full length. Was that your guys’ choice?

JB: During that time, there were all these big rap beefs going on with L.L. Cool J., Kool Moe Dee, EPMD, Rakim, all kinds of stuff. We [thought], “You know what, this is probably a way for us to get our foot in the door.” That’s why we did this record. We had no beef with any of the females. We just thought that that was the way to do it. But [afterward], we were shopping the song around and giving it to DJs, and people start flipping the record over. They were like, “This is the cut right here.” So we said we need to go back in the studio, drop the diss record even though it did come out and make Supersonic. Eventually, that’s what we did [and it] paid off big time.

H&F: So you put out Supersonic and then the NWA record came out later, it was so hard. A lot of the imagery they were using was very violent and also kind of misogynistic, were you ever conflicted about that?

JB: No, not at all. They were them and we were us, you know what I mean? We were a softer version and I think it’s so clever of Dre to pick up [on] people’s strengths and weaknesses. Our strength was a more pop appeal and dancy electric energy. We had more fun. They were more hardcore, so I think he’s really a genius at knowing the artist and knowing what suits them best.

H&F: Can you talk a little about your collaboration on “We’re All in the Same Gang”? It was a great record that I loved growing up to in LA.

JB: Yes. I absolutely loved that song. That was one of the most fun projects that we ever did. It was amazing how we all came together and it was a team effort. It was a super fun day shooting the video. The whole feel of it was great. Michael Concepcion, who was a hardcore gang member at the time, was the one who came up with the idea to do that song, to bring peace to the Bloods and the Crips. I think it was done legitimately to bring peace because the city in was in an uproar. I think the best way [to bring peace to a situation is] through music. So many people were fans of NWA, M.C. Hammer, just all of it. They were fans of all the West Coast rap. That’s when the West Coast was coming on really strong in the rap community.

H&F: Do you think anything similar would ever happen now? In the current climate there’s still a lot of unrest and a lot should happen, but I don’t [fore]see the same thing happening now as to what was happening with, “We’re All in the Same Gang,” or “Self Destruction”.

JB: Right, I think there should be. I would definitely be a champion for that effort. We should come together. Especially after the Tupac - Biggie saga.

H&F: If it were up to me, I’d want a J. J. Fad biopic too. So if there was a J. J. Fad biopic, who’d portray you in the movie?

JB: Oh my goodness, that’s a great question. I’m the tallest one, so let me think of somebody pretty tall. Maybe um, what’s her name? The girl that played Monica in Love and Basketball. Sanaa Lathan.
tumblr_nprpuzvKlY1shsap3o1_1280.jpg

H&F: What have you been listening to lately?

JB: I’m a huge, huge Kendrick Lamar fan. Totally love his stuff. I love Eminem too because he paid homage to us in his song, “Rap God.”

H&F: I loved that track.

JB: I’m a fan for life. Right now, those are the two acts who I really enjoy the most.

H&F: I know there were some things going on with the Fergie sample. Did anything ever come out after that? It seemed like such a straight rip of your song.

JB: We can definitely touch base on that because I think that there’s a big misunderstanding about that. She asked our permission to do that. We got paid for it. That was one of our biggest paydays since Supersonic came out. There are no hard feelings. We talked to her on the phone and the whole reason she did that was because she was a huge fan. She says to this day she has our picture on her office wall. It was actually a compliment. It was very flattering that she did that. A lot of people don’t know [the facts] and that’s why we had a lot of Twitter chatter about, “Oh, she’s a rip-off.” It was nothing like that. She totally asked permission.

H&F: Totally off tangent, but a few people I know consider CB4 to be the first NWA biopic. How do you feel about that?

JB: I can’t really speak on it, I didn’t see it at all. I heard about it, but I haven’t seen that movie.
tumblr_lv17vjBFjg1qd1elso1_500.jpg

by Nancy Tartaglione <time class="date-published updated">August 31, 2015 1:17pm</time>
compton-45.jpg
The domestic champ went straight to No. 1 in bows in the UK, Germany, German-speaking Switzerland and Iceland. With an additional $6.5M after showing strong starts in smaller markets the past few weeks, the international total is $6.7M. The Universal title about the origins of NWA grossed $3.8M in the U.K., just below 8 Mile but at the top end of the comps. Germany, where Universal has had the No. 1 movie 18 times this year, was good for $2.1M in 440 plays, well above holdover Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation. It opened No. 1 in German-Switzerland with $290K in 44 runs for a lofty per screen average of $6,590. High per screen averages also were enjoyed in its debuts in Austria and Iceland.

Director F. Gary Gray, Ice Cube and some of the young actors hit Berlin and London recently to help stir up buzz on the well-reviewed film. Ahead of next week’s Australia bow, they’re doing press Down Under this week. There are 24 more openings planned over the next few months. Next weekend, SOOC goes to Australia, Israel, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Poland. Combined with the outstanding U.S. estimated total of $134M, the worldwide total is now $140.7M.

Hell yeah!

I grew up with NWA, had a bootleg tape of Straight outta compton and listened to it lots as kids along with Ice Cubes solo music and then all the Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg stuff. Saw the movie (Straight outta compton) yesterday and loved it, but I still feel I have moved on musically since then.

Still I was bobbing my head and singing along to all the songs and getting good memories of my teens and wondering how anyone could like NWA, Ice T, 2Pac, Biggie on one hand and then Michael Jackson, Prince and Color me badd on the other?

Ice Cube - That New Funkadelic

new Ice Cube single & interviews

Re: Ice Cube - That New Funkadelic

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (December 7, 2018)

By Erik Pedersen January 5, 2021 Deadline
AP_01111203241.jpg

Dr. Dre is hospitalized with a suspected brain aneurysm, a well-positioned medical source tells Deadline tonight. The hip hop legend and Straight Outta Compton producer is in the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, but his condition is unknown.

Born Andre Young, the N.W.A rapper-turned-solo star and megaproducer also co-founded the Beats by Dre empire with Jimmy Iovine and helped launch and run Death Row Records. Dr. Dre’s many producing credits Eminem, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg.

Further details weren’t immediately available, but we will update the story when we know more.

Back