J. Lo.

suzynyc

Proud Member
I'm sorry but this woman cannot sing. I'm watching her hosting SNL tonight. She's just a terrible singer. Two songs...both messy performances. :scratch:

Had to get that off my chest.

I love J.Lo.

I love her older albums and I love her more as an actress.

She was my childhood idol, before Michael. :lol:

I also love jlo .. but she did kinda suck on snl ...
like her more as a dancer tho..

hER bOOTY GOT HER PLATINUM AND alot of us bought her because of the Booty and now the booty has finally caught up with her voice. which was always flat.

Jennifer is so 2002. I feel for her she used to be the hottest thing around 1999-2005.
Oh well

I also love jlo .. but she did kinda suck on snl ...
like her more as a dancer tho..

o.t. i'm just looking at ur siggy. i'm so reminded of how other worldy MJ...

i really think animals loved him more than they loved the rest of us..lol..his relationship with bubbles..just looking at that pic...u just feel like MJ and nature... i mean..man...no animal would ever want to hurt him...u can see how much they LOOVVED him...and wanted to protect him.

and the other part of ur siggy with him doing those movements, wearing the black with short sleeve shirts...
that being a gif in slow motion is soo screaming that his gift is divine...divine in the most un cliche' way...

superbly...the meeting of the union that MJ was lucky enough to receive, as so many have said..when he dances, God is dancing inside him...

i'm struck...awestruck looking at both parts of ur siggy.. i feel like i'm in another universe, watching that siggy....

Last edited:
o.t. i'm just looking at ur siggy. i'm so reminded of how other worldy MJ...

i really think animals loved him more than they loved the rest of us..lol..his relationship with bubbles..just looking at that pic...u just feel like MJ and nature... i mean..man...no animal would ever want to hurt him...u can see how much they LOOVVED him...and wanted to protect him.

and the other part of ur siggy with him doing those movements, wearing the black with short sleeve shirts...
that being a gif in slow motion is soo screaming that his gift is divine...divine in the most un cliche' way...

superbly...the meeting of the union that MJ was lucky enough to receive, as so many have said..when he dances, God is dancing inside him...

i'm struck...awestruck looking at both parts of ur siggy.. i feel like i'm in another universe, watching that siggy....

oh wow thank u .. glad u liked my siggy!
i dont even know what to say .. but thanks that was very sweet :wub:

I don't like her singing, and I don't like her dancing either.(She's got too much booty to dance, and her dancing always makes me feel heavy and burdened...just opposite to the clean-cut and amazing dancing of Janet and Britney and some other female artists)

But I love the beat of her music though. Not her music, really, I mean the BEAT of her music. Like PLAY, LOUBOUTIN, LOVE DON"T COST A THING....

Well, J.Lo is a fellow Puerto Rican/native New Yorker and I was happy for her successes but to my ears her live singing is sub-par. Her dancing is as well. But I think she will find her way again. She still looks amazing (just don't wear the skin tight catsuit from New Years again) and maybe she will land a good movie roll once again...

But I love the beat of her music though. Not her music, really, I mean the BEAT of her music. Like PLAY, LOUBOUTIN, LOVE DON"T COST A THING....

I like JENNY FROM THE BLOCK. For some time I could not get that repetitive song out of my head...

Last edited:
I like JENNY FROM THE BLOCK. For some time I could not get that repetitive song out of my head...

Right, that was a great song too. But I just prefer those with heavier beat, like, those that are really cool to dance to, DO IT WELL, GET RIGHT... these beat-driven dance music...

Jenny FROM THE BLOCK is real though. that song is her inner voice, true JLO story.

Jennifer was terrible on SNL. Especially the ballad. OMG! I literally turned my head at one point because I couldn't bare to watch. It was really embarrassing. J. Lo's time is definitely up. She hasn't been relevant since about 2004-5 but ya can't blame a girl for trying.

Her best album was J.LO! I like her my fellow Rican :) But i to was like what O____o with that cat suit! LOL I don't think she is a great singer she is just okay! I wish she would do a real important movie role so she can be Oscar worthy but the roles she pic are just moderate! But, the Selena movie was great, because it was base on a true story and made her career!! Plus, she is a mommy now that is the most important thing! :)

She can't sing but she definitely can dance! Girl can move and I think she's not half bad as an actress. I remember I really liked Maid in Manhattan!

I loved her earlier songs...but after she release "Louibittons"
I was like
nvtt21.gif

that is really one of the worst songs ever made, I lost faith in her after that.

Bad singer, she can still dance her ass off though I can't lie.

Her career went downhill after marrying Marc Anthony.

That's being a little generous, don't ya think? Her career was MIA when she got with Ben and did that atrocious film, Gigle. It was all downhill from there.

That's being a little generous, don't ya think? Her career was MIA when she got with Ben and did that atrocious film, Gigle. It was all downhill from there.
She has been married to Anthony since 2004, wasn't Gigli around that time as well?

"Her career went downhill since..."

Why should we care about her private life? Just cuz she hasn't had that many hit songs since "whenever" doesn't mean she has gone bad - just less popular and "hot" so to say. (though IMO she is pure fire :) )

If you took a listen to her last English album, Brave and Spanish album, Como Ama Una Mujer - you'd see that those albums are not bad at all - in fact the Spanish album is IMO her most mature work - she is not a bad singer at all. She is talented, hard-working and though I must say I hate Loubotins (whatever the spelling) , the previous 2 albums are really good.

On Brave, songs like Hold It Don't Drop It, Stay Together, Mile In These Shoes and Brave are really nice pop songs.
And on the Spanish album - Que Hiciste, Por Que Te Marchas, Tu, Apresurate... if you like slow Spanish ballads, you'll love it.

BTW, I like Jennifer, case you haven't figured it out. Be realistic - she may not be the best singer, but she is DEFINITELY not one of the worst. I bet my money that she is a better singer than Britney Spears and Madonna.

And she is not that bad an actress either - though she has some "soapy" movies, you could give a chance to Angel Eyes, Selena and one of my fav movies - U-Turn. She did pretty well in those.

I think her singing voice sound strongest when she sings in Spanish. I like her singing voice anyway. I think the film she did w/George Clooney was her best though the ones you mentioned minus U-Turn were good too. I lost track of her albums after the first two but I did enjoy them. I'll probably try to find her others.

"Her career went downhill since..."

Why should we care about her private life? Just cuz she hasn't had that many hit songs since "whenever" doesn't mean she has gone bad - just less popular and "hot" so to say. (though IMO she is pure fire :) )

If you took a listen to her last English album, Brave and Spanish album, Como Ama Una Mujer - you'd see that those albums are not bad at all - in fact the Spanish album is IMO her most mature work - she is not a bad singer at all. She is talented, hard-working and though I must say I hate Loubotins (whatever the spelling) , the previous 2 albums are really good.

On Brave, songs like Hold It Don't Drop It, Stay Together, Mile In These Shoes and Brave are really nice pop songs.
And on the Spanish album - Que Hiciste, Por Que Te Marchas, Tu, Apresurate... if you like slow Spanish ballads, you'll love it.

BTW, I like Jennifer, case you haven't figured it out. Be realistic - she may not be the best singer, but she is DEFINITELY not one of the worst. I bet my money that she is a better singer than Britney Spears and Madonna.

And she is not that bad an actress either - though she has some "soapy" movies, you could give a chance to Angel Eyes, Selena and one of my fav movies - U-Turn. She did pretty well in those.

On studio albums even the worst singers can be manipulated to sound technically great. I'm not against her music per se. I just don't like her live singing. Especially when she's doing ballads where it really shows.

she may not be the best singer, but she is DEFINITELY not one of the worst. I bet my money that she is a better singer than Britney Spears and Madonna.

I'm not too sure about that, lol. But that's just according to my own ears.

I think she (and almost all of her contemporaries, i.e. Jennifer Aniston) should stop making so many of these light romantic comedies and flex their dramatic acting musles some more. I liked the movie she made called "Mi Familia".

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2...f_jam_could_be_jlos_fresh_start_or_downw.html

Jennifer Lopez deal with Def Jam record label could be her 'fresh start' or 'downward spiral'

Looks like Jenny's found a new block: After splitting with Sony in February, Jennifer Lopez is this close to signing with a new record company.

"Def Jam label group will be the new home of Jennifer Lopez," her manager, Benny Medina, told us Thursday, while a rep for Def Jam didn't confirm the news by deadline.

But is J.Lo worth the dough?

On Wednesday, the Internet began buzzing about an audio clip of the songstress trying to record Barbra Streisand's "Enough Is Enough" — with disastrous results.

The less-than-stellar attempt, which was leaked by a studio engineer who reportedly had tired of her diva behavior, reveals a *dangerously off-key Lopez who repeatedly drops notes and must start over — yes, we counted — eight times.

It only adds fuel to the fire for doubters who are questioning the label's interest in taking on the 40-year-old.

"People are saying that Jennifer is past her prime and her best work is behind her," says a source at a major record company, who asked to remain anonymous.

Indeed, her last two singles, "Fresh Out the Oven" and "Louboutins," flopped on the charts.

Adds another music insider: "Jennifer has fallen between the cracks of the music business. She's too old to play the cute little dance dolly, and she's not skilled enough as an artist to sing serious ballads. So what can she do?"

Medina wouldn't comment on the out-of-tune "Enough Is Enough" clip, but he did offer that Jenny has "already started working on" her next album.

So can J.Lo really make a successful comeback?

A third source in the industry offered that Lopez needed to leave Sony because she was on a steady "downhill spiral" (complete with her infamous stumble at the American Music Awards last November), but that Def Jam could help revamp her image.

"She definitely needed a change," the insider observes. "So maybe this is the fresh start that will get her back in action."

But our first source isn't biting the bait.

"At this point, she just isn't going to have another 'Waiting for Tonight,'?" the naysayer insists. "And signing with a new label isn't going to change that."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2..._jlos_fresh_start_or_downw.html#ixzz0kIJjJyp5

Back