Any Drake and lil wayne fans

I've been starting to kind of like Drake, but will probably forever be of the opinion that Lil Wayne sucks.

No...

I would like to think that most of Mj fans have better taste than that.

Drake is alright but too much hype. Lil Wayne SUCKS!

I would like to think that most of Mj fans have better taste than that.

I agree...
but that's just me.

However, I cannot take "Drake" seriously for some reason. I think him as Jimmy Brooks and that rap he did with Spinner on Degrassi in one episode. :lol:

I saw the video on youtube where Drake decked it on stage and the song carried on playin. I did have a good lol. Hes seen a the future of hip hop. Hes a disgrace.

Drake is rather new...to me. I've only heard a couple of his collabo's.
The one with Eminem.....I like that one, and there's a couple others....
the titles escape me right now. As for Lil Wayne. I don't know if I'm what
would be considered a fan but I do have 3 of his CD's; all 3 of which I like.
I like The Carter II best tho. :)
I really, really prefer his voice from his Cash Money- Hot Boyz days but w/e.

I feel sorry if anyone does listen to em :(
This is guna turn into a hate thread already...

It doesn't have to turn into a hate thread if everyone can just state their opinion respectfully and all can respectfully agree or disagree. I believe we can do it.:yes:

I strongly dislike Lil' Wayne... it takes a lot for me not to say I hate him, but I try to refrain from hating anyone. He comes VERY close though. It's not because he said something degrading about MJ, I've just never liked him or the hype around him. He's not a talented rapper, nor does he say anything remotely intelligent or comprehensible... ever.

I was a huuuuge Drake fan when he was independent, but now that he's on Young Money he's definitely gone down hill. He use to have some substance, and now he's just as bad as Lil' Wayne. Drake isn't new, he just wasn't well-known (unless you watched Degrassi, then Googled him lol). He released two really great mixtapes in previous years prior to meeting Weezy. =/

<time datetime="2018-10-10 18:40:38 +0000" data-reactid="131">by Peter A. Berry October 10, 2018 XXL
</time>
Drake-2018.jpg

By almost every quantifiable measure of commercial success, Drake is one of the most dominant artists of the last decade. The latest piece of evidence proving this point comes from the folks at Spotify, who earlier today (Oct. 10) revealed that the 6ix God is their top streamed artist of the last 10 years.Other artists on this particular list, which is one of several Spotify revealed in order to celebrate their 10th anniversary, include superstar singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, Rihanna, Eminem, Kanye West, The Weeknd and more. Even among these megastars, Drizzy stands out.

If you've been keeping track of Spotify records, this news probably isn't all that surprising. In 2015 and 2016, Drizzy was the Spotify's most streamed artist. In 2017 he checked in at No. 2 behind Sheeran. This past August, the streaming platform certified Drake's Scorpion single, "In My Feelings," as the most-streamed song of the summer. Don't be surprised to see Drizzy check in near the top of Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2018, too.

See each of Spotify's 10th anniversary-commemorating lists for yourself below. Check out Spotify's special playlist celebrating their anniversary beneath the lists.

Most-streamed song each year since Spotify launch
2008: The Killers – “Human”
2009: The Black Eyed Peas – “I Gotta Feeling”
2010: Eminem, Rihanna – “Love The Way You Lie”
2011: Don Omar, Lucenzo – “Danza Kuduro”
2012: Gotye, Kimbra – “Somebody That I Used To Know”
2013: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – “Can't Hold Us” (feat. Ray Dalton)
2014: Pharrell Williams – “Happy” – from Despicable Me 2
2015: Major Lazer, MØ, DJ Snake – “Lean On”
2016: Drake – “One Dance”
2017: Ed Sheeran – “Shape of You”

Top-streamed artists of all time
1. Drake
2. Ed Sheeran
3. Eminem
4. The Weeknd
5. Rihanna
6. Kanye West
7. Coldplay
8. Justin Bieber
9. Calvin Harris
10. Ariana Grande

Most-streamed songs of all time
1. Ed Sheeran – “Shape Of You'”
2. Drake – “One Dance”
3. The Chainsmokers, Halsey – “Closer”
4. Post Malone – “Rockstar” (feat. 21 Savage)
5. Ed Sheeran – “Thinking Out Loud”
6. Major Lazer, MØ, DJ Snake – “Lean On”
7. Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber – “Despacito - Remix'”
8. Justin Bieber – “Love Yourself”
9. Justin Bieber – “Sorry”
10. The Chainsmokers – “Don't Let Me Down”

First 10 artists to reach 1 billion streams on Spotify
1. Rihanna (2013)
2. David Guetta (2013)
3. Eminem (2013)
4. Kanye West (2014)
5. Avicii (2014)
6. Coldplay (2014)
7. Jay-Z (2014)
8. Katy Perry (2014)
9. Drake (2014)
10. Pitbull (2014)

Most-streamed albums globally
1. Ed Sheeran – ÷
2. Justin Bieber – Purpose
3. Drake – Views
4. Ed Sheeran – x
5. Post Malone – Beerbongs & Bentleys
6. The Weeknd – Starboy
7. Drake – Scorpion
8. The Weeknd – Beauty Behind the Madness
9. Post Malone – Stoney
10. Kendrick Lamar – Damn.

Most-streamed female artists globally
1. Rihanna
2. Ariana Grande
3. Sia
4. Beyoncé
5. Nicki Minaj
6. Adele
7. Taylor Swift
8. Selena Gomez
9. Katy Perry
10. Shakira

Total time streamed on Spotify: 16,858,080 years
Total tracks now on Spotify: 40M+
Total playlists now on Spotify: 3B+

October 2008 Flashback – top global track, artist, and album:
Most-streamed track: Coldplay – “Viva La Vida”
Most-streamed artist: Lady Gaga
Most-streamed album: Coldplay – Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
<time datetime="2018-10-10 18:40:38 +0000" data-reactid="131"></time>

Dennis Graham, Drake's dad, accuses him of lying (October 10, 2019)

Drake Passes Aretha Franklin & Stevie Wonder for Most No. 1s on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart

By Trevor Anderson 11/2/2020 Billboard
"Laugh Now Cry Later" makes for his unprecedented 21st champ on the list.

Ten weeks after it debuted at No. 2, Drake's "Laugh Now Cry Later," featuring Lil Durk, ascends to the top spot on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and, in the process, secures Drake's record-breaking 21st leader on the chart, rewriting the record he shared with Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder for the most No. 1s since the chart began as an all-encompassing genre ranking in 1958.

"Laugh" rises 2-1 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart dated Nov. 7, despite a dip in overall chart activity. The single, expected to appear on Drake's forthcoming Certified Lover Boy album in January 2021, entered at No. 2 on the list dated Aug. 29 and spent nine of its first 10 weeks in the runner-up slot, consistently unable to overtake the pop-culture phenom of Cardi B's "WAP," featuring Megan Thee Stallion. In the outlier week, "WAP" and "Laugh" ranked at Nos. 2 and 3, respectively, behind the No. 1 arrival of Travis Scott's "Franchise," featuring Young Thug and M.I.A.

Now, "Laugh" unseats "WAP," which slides 1-3 after 10 weeks in command.

Given Drake's massive appeal on streaming services in recent years that has translated to near-instant No. 1 debuts, "Laugh" took a relatively long road to the top. Its ascent to No. 1, in its 11th week on the chart, is the longest of any Drake track to reach the summit since his 13th leader, "Hotline Bling," needed 15 weeks before capturing the crown in November 2015. Between "Bling" and "Laugh," Drake posted seven No. 1s, including five that debuted directly in the top slot.

With Drake the owner of yet another Billboard chart record, here's an updated list of the acts with the most No. 1s ever on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs:

21, Drake
20, Aretha Franklin
20, Stevie Wonder
17, James Brown
16, Janet Jackson
15, The Temptations
13, Marvin Gaye
13, Michael Jackson
13, Usher

Of Drake's record-setting 21 No. 1 visits, 12 have come through appearances in lead roles, with the remaining nine through featured billings, a split owed to widely adopted cross-collaboration between rappers and singers on hip-hop and R&B tracks since the 1990s. Franklin and Wonder, whose career heydays predate such team-ups, claim lead billing on all their chart-toppers.

While Drake grabs a 21st champ, Lil Durk earns his first Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs leader. The Chicago native's only other visit to the top 20 came from "3 Headed Goat," featuring Lil Baby and Polo G, which climbed to No. 15 in May.

"Laugh" endures thanks to its strength in the radio sector. It leads the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart for a sixth week, though it slides to 24 million in format audience in the week ending Nov. 1, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data, a 2% drip compared to the prior week.

It likewise falls in both sales and streams. On the former, it suffers a 9% dip to 2,000 in sales in the week ending Oct. 29 and retreats 9-15 on R&B/Hip-Hop Digital Song Sales. The collaboration holds at No. 4 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Streaming Songs chart, though it backtracks 6% to 17.4 million U.S. streams in the same period.

When it debuted at its No. 2 peak on the all-genre Billboard Hot 100, "Laugh" became Drake's record-extending 41st top 10. He's since notched a 42nd thanks to his featured turn on 21 Savage and Metro Boomin's "Mr. Right Now," which reached the region in October.

I like Drake in this one... it's Travis who kills it though.
2018 but still, what a track. Love the melodic rap flow, the beat(s) and those innovative cuts / changes.

Last edited:
Drake & SZA’s ‘Slime You Out’ Debuts at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100
by Gary Trust | September 25, 2023 | Billboard

Drake’s “Slime You Out,” featuring SZA, soars in at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart.

The collaboration, from Drake’s album For All the Dogs, expected Oct. 6, is Drake’s 12th Hot 100 leader, tying him for the fifth-most in the list’s history, and SZA’s second.

SZA also surges to a new No. 3 Hot 100 high with her own single “Snooze,” boosted by a new remix with Justin Bieber.

Here’s a look at the coronation of “Slime You Out,” the 1,156th single to top the Hot 100 over the chart’s 65-year history, and the 71st to debut at No. 1.

Streams, sales & airplay: Released Sept. 15 at 12 p.m. ET on OVO Sound/Republic Records, “Slime You Out” drew 32.6 million streams and 5.2 million radio airplay audience impressions and sold 2,000 downloads in the tracking week ending Sept. 21, according to Luminate.

The single also debuts at No. 1 on the Streaming Songs chart and No. 29 on Digital Song Sales.

Drake’s 12th Hot 100 No. 1: Drake achieves his 12th Hot 100 No. 1. He ties for the fifth-most leaders among all acts – and moves to within one of Michael Jackson’s mark for the most among solo males.

Most Billboard Hot 100 No. 1s:

20, The Beatles
19, Mariah Carey
14, Rihanna
13, Michael Jackson
12, Drake
12, Madonna
12, The Supremes
11, Whitney Houston
10, Janet Jackson
10, Stevie Wonder

Meanwhile, here’s a recap of Drake’s 12 Hot 100 No. 1s:

“Slime You Out,” Drake feat. SZA (one week to-date, Sept. 30, 2023)
“Jimmy Cooks,” Drake feat. 21 Savage (one week, July 2, 2022)
“Wait for U,” Future feat. Drake & Tems (one week, May 14, 2022)
“Way 2 Sexy,” Drake feat. Future and Young Thug (one week, Sept. 18, 2021)
“What’s Next,” Drake (one week, March 20, 2021)
“Toosie Slide,” Drake (one week, April 18, 2020)
“In My Feelings,” Drake (10 weeks, beginning July 21, 2018)
“Nice for What,” Drake (eight weeks, beginning April 21, 2018)
“God’s Plan,” Drake (11 weeks, beginning Feb. 3, 2018)
“One Dance,” Drake feat. WizKid & Kyla (10 weeks, beginning May 21, 2016)
“Work,” Rihanna feat. Drake (nine weeks, beginning March 5, 2016)
“What’s My Name?,” Rihanna feat. Drake (one week at No. 1, beginning Nov. 20, 2010)

SZA’s second No. 1: SZA earns her second Hot 100 No. 1. She first reigned for a week in April with “Kill Bill.” She claims her first No. 1 debut, after “Kill Bill” reached the summit in its 19th week on the chart, and after a wait of seven nonconsecutive weeks at No. 2.

Notably, SZA is the first artist with multiple Hot 100 No. 1s in 2023. Last year, one artist doubled up at the summit: none other than Drake, with “Jimmy Cooks” and “Wait for U.”

Drake’s record eighth No. 1 debut: “Slime You Out” is Drake’s record-extending eighth song to debut at No. 1 on the Hot 100. He previously started at the top with “Jimmy Cooks,” “Wait for U,” “Way 2 Sexy,” “What’s Next,” “Toosie Slide,” “Nice for What” and “God’s Plan.”

Drake’s records in top 5, 10, 40 & overall: “Slime You Out” extends multiple other Drake records on the Hot 100. Here’s an updated look at his leading ranks among acts with the most hits in the following tiers.

Top 5: Now with 37 top five Hot 100 hits, Drake moves further ahead of runners-up The Beatles (29). Madonna follows with 28.
Top 10: Now with 70 top 10 Hot 100 hits, Drake surges further past Taylor Swift, in second place with 42. Madonna is next with 38.
Top 40: Now with 178 top 40 Hot 100 hits, Drake likewise lifts further ahead Swift, second with 119. Lil Wayne follows with 88, while Elvis Presley ranks fourth with 81 (with his career having predated the chart’s inception by two years).
Overall: Now with 299 total Hot 100 hits, Drake extends his record for the most over Swift, who places second with 212. The Glee Cast is third with 207.

Drake ties BTS for most No. 1s in the ‘20s: Drake ups his count to six Hot 100 No. 1s in the 2020s – tying BTS for the most so far this decade. Ariana Grande and Swift follow with four each in that span.

Drake earned six Hot 100 No. 1s in the ‘10s, the fourth-best sum, after Rihanna (nine), Katy Perry (eight) and Bruno Mars (seven).

Here’s a recap of the artists with the most Hot 100 leaders in each decade starting with the 1960s, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958 inception:

‘20s, to date: BTS, Drake, six each
‘10s: Rihanna, nine
‘00s: Usher, seven
‘90s: Mariah Carey, 14
‘80s: Michael Jackson, nine
‘70s: Bee Gees, nine
‘60s: The Beatles, 18
(Frankie Avalon and The Fleetwoods tied for the most Hot 100 No. 1s, two each, in 1958-59.)

‘Slime’ also No. 1 on Streaming Songs, R&B/hip-hop charts: As “Slime You Out” concurrently crowns the Streaming Songs chart, Drake adds his record-extending 18th No. 1. Bieber and Swift rank next with six each. SZA notches her second No. 1, after “Kill Bill” reigned for four weeks.

“Slime You Out” likewise launches atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Hot R&B Songs charts, which use the same multi-metric methodology as the Hot 100. Drake claims his record-padding 29th Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs No. 1, further distancing himself from legends Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder, each with 20. SZA achieves her third Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs No. 1, after “Kill Bill” ruled for a record 21 weeks beginning last December and “I Hate U” led for a week in 2021.

On Hot R&B Songs, which began in 2012, Drake posts his eighth No. 1, and SZA, her fifth.

299 hits for Drake, that’s ridiculous, I bet not even his biggest fans can name them all 😃

299 hits for Drake, that’s ridiculous, I bet not even his biggest fans can name them all 😃
Drake's & Taylor Swift's (& Glee) hits are because Billboard now counts streaming. So when they release an album, just about every song on their albums hits the Top 10. The Glee TV show was cancelled years ago, so they aren't getting anymore Hot 100 hits. Pre-internet, only a song released on a 45 and its B-side could chart on the singles chart, whether it was the Hot 100, R&B, country, or adult contemporary. The dance or club chart tracked the sales of 12" remix maxi singles and also songs that were played in clubs. An album track could not chart on the singles chart, even if it got radio airplay. That's what happened to Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder. It got a lot of radio play, but wasn't a hit in the USA. It was said that Stevie told Motown that he did not want the song to be shortened to fit on a 45 and the song was too long for a 45. Technically, it could be put on one, but the sound quality wouldn't be that good.

When Billboard used to have the AOR chart in the 1970s & 1980s, it did feature album tracks, because rock radio didn't only play singles. AOR was short for "album oriented rock". When AOR stations did play singles, they generally would play the longer album versions and not the 45 edits (like Top 40 would. Back then R&B radio played long album versions too and also remixes). That's how rock bands like Rush, Led Zeppelin, & Pink Floyd sold a lot of albums in the US with little if any mainstream Top 40 radio airplay. They didn't have many Top 40 hits. Jimi Hendrix never had a Top 10 hit single in the USA and today he's one of the most popular artists in history. Technically, Grateful Dead is a "one hit wonder" in the US and that hit happened after the band was around 20 years old.

@DuranDuran

Can you explain why “i want you back”s B side “ who’s loving you“ didn’t chart?
I seem to remember the Beatles occupying the entire billboard top 5 at one moment. Was there a rules change somewhere in the late 60s or early 70s?

Also are you aware of any J5 or MJ album track receiving plenty of airplay back in the day? I know tell me I’m not dreaming was top 10 in the airplay chart. Were there other songs?

@DuranDuran

Can you explain why “i want you back”s B side “ who’s loving you“ didn’t chart?
I seem to remember the Beatles occupying the entire billboard top 5 at one moment. Was there a rules change somewhere in the late 60s or early 70s?

Also are you aware of any J5 or MJ album track receiving plenty of airplay back in the day? I know tell me I’m not dreaming was top 10 in the airplay chart. Were there other songs?
Because it's The Beatles. Anything with them was likely to be played on the radio in the 1960s, except maybe Revoluton 9. 🤣 Also, when The Beatles's music 1st came to the USA, the US version (Capitol) of their British record label (Parlophone) declined to release their music at first. So it got released on other labels in the US (Vee Jay, Swan, etc).Those different labels released singles all at the same time, and people bought all of them. That's how they charted like that. When Capitol saw this and the reaction on The Ed Sullivan Show, then they finally decided to put out Beatles records and then stopped the other labels from doing so. To make more money, Capitol then started releasing Beatles albums that were different from how they were released in all of the other countries all over the world. Some albums were exclusive to the US like Beatles VI & Hey Jude. The group didn't like that, but there was nothing they could do about it. On the US version of the A Hard Day's Night soundtrack, half is Beatles songs and the other half is George Martin instrumentals, which are not on the British version of the album. The soundtrack was also released on the United Artists record label instead of Capitol, I think because United Artists is the movie studio that put out the movie. That's kind of what the "butcher babies" album cover was about, that their albums were being butchered. They posed for that and gave it to Capitol. Some record stores refused to stock it and also some of the public complained. The label then changed the photo, and the original instantly became worth a lot of money. Later, the new cover was used as one of the "Paul is dead" clues.

B-sides didn't automatically get airplay, except The Beatles. I think Who's Lovin' You was more popular with the R&B audience than the Top 40 audience. Notice that En Vogue later sang it in the Jackson 5 vocal arrangement, not the original Miracles style. I've heard Can't Get Outta The Rain on R&B radio. Mike didn't really have exclusive B-sides like Prince, The Beatles, or Sting. Mike's B-sides were mostly other songs from an album or an instrumental version of the A-side. So technically, they are album tracks instead of what was considered a "B-side" by some, not counting the instrumentals.

Back