Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1717

Thread: To Catlovers

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 627
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,733 Posts

Default Re: To Catlovers

"How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson
    "Love no violence ever, remember a beautiful future promise of tomorrow "MJ

stop the killing of pets. Save lifes,spay and neuter your pets
    Adopt from an animalshelter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seEpf5L8x0M

Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

"How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space?
    How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?" Michael Jackson

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Merry Christmas

I think I have posted the kittens story earlier, they were found next to a garbage bin among trash , hungry and scared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRg-re6So1U

Make a change

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

California Bans Pet Shop Sales Of Non-Rescue Cats, Dogs And Rabbits
    It’s the first U.S. state to do so

California has banned pet stores from selling cats, dogs and rabbits unless they work with shelters or rescue groups to supply the animals.

Gov. Jerry Brown signed Assembly Bill 485 into law Friday, The Orange County Register reported. It takes effect in January 2019, and pet store owners who violate it will face a $500 fine.

The Democratic governor’s signature was celebrated by animal welfare groups, including Social Compassion in Legislation, the bill’s sponsor.

“We are overjoyed with the Governor’s signature and broad support from the entire animal-loving community for this groundbreaking legislation,” the group’s founder and CEO, Judie Mancuso, said in a statement. “In banning the sale of mill-bred animals, California took a bold step forward. The deplorable conditions that animals suffer in these high-volume breeding facilities are not a secret and now they have a champion in California.”

One of the law's aims is to promote adoption from shelters and reduce animals killed. Orphaned, unweaned kittens are fre
    PATRICK T. FALLON/THE WASHINGTON POST VIA GETTY IMAGES
    One of the law’s aims is to promote adoption from shelters and reduce animals killed. Orphaned, unweaned kittens are frequently killed in shelters without sufficient resources to care for them. This kitten is safe and in the care of the no-kill Best Friends Animal Society in Mission Hills, California.
    In a statement sent to HuffPost, Matt Bershadker, president and CEO of the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, praised the law for breaking “the puppy mill supply chain that pushes puppies into California pet stores and has allowed unscrupulous breeders to profit from abusive practices.”

Pet industry representatives criticized the bill as being bad for business. It “strips consumers of many pet store protections, risks hundreds of jobs, and reduces pet choice,” Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council President Mike Bober said in a joint statement with the American Kennel Club, a registry of purebred dog breeds in the U.S.

In the statement, Sheila Goffe, the AKC’s vice president of government relations, criticized the legislation as blocking “all of California’s pet lovers from having access to professional, licensed, and ethical commercial breeders.”

The law will not prevent breeders from selling animals directly to customers, meaning that people who want to buy an animal from a breeder still can, but they won’t be able to do it through a retail pet store.

More than 230 cities, towns and counties across the U.S. have similar laws, but California’s is the first statewide law.

The law has two primary goals. One is to cut down on financial support of large-scale breeding facilities, some of which keep animals in deplorable conditions. Those so-called “puppy mills” (though they also exist for other species) often supply pet stores. The Humane Society of the United States notes that responsible breeders who care about their animals want to make sure they go to good homes, meaning they typically won’t sell them through a store that wouldn’t allow them to meet potential owners.

Secondly, the law aims to promote the adoption of homeless pets. The ASPCA estimates that 1.5 million companion animals were euthanized in shelters across the country last year. Assemblyman Patrick O’Donnell (D-Long Beach) said in a statement that in California alone, taxpayers spend more than $250 million each year “to house and euthanize animals” in shelters.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a52aca183fa3

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Maybe these cats are the most famous cats in the world just now

Celia Hammond Animal Trust wrote...

Dumped in the night...

We were called out the night of 11th January by a lady returning from work who had noticed several sealed cardboard boxes in an alley in Stratford, near a busy road. She walked past the alley and then went back as she thought she heard miaowing - thank goodness she did, as the boxes were completely sealed shut with masses of parcel tape and the 11 young cats inside would have suffocated if we hadn’t raced straight out to collect them, as there were no air holes in the boxes. We didn’t know their temperaments so didn’t dare open the boxes and risk them flying out into the road, so made a few tiny holes to let air in but not big enough to allow them to rip at the cardboard and escape. Fortunately, it only took a few minutes to drive back to the clinic. The risk of cutting the cats would have made it too dangerous to use scissors to open the boxes, so we used a butter knife to get the cats out as quickly as possible.

We can only assume the intention was for them to die as surely everybody knows animals need to be able to breathe to survive. The boxes cannot have been there very long as without oxygen our vets estimate they probably wouldn’t have lived more than an hour or two. One really strange thing is that these cats are really friendly and have clearly once been loved, handled and cuddled - what on earth would drive an apparently loving owner to do something so terrible? Perhaps it was a family member or neighbour who hated the cats enough to do this.

All the cats are extremely underweight and covered in fleas - our vets treated them for fleas immediately on arrival in the clinic, but we will have to build them up before they are fit enough to be neutered, vaccinated and microchipped before they are rehomed.

If anyone in the Stratford area has any ideas about where these cats might have come from, please call us in confidence as we are concerned this situation may not have been resolved and there may be other cats in the owner’s property as we don’t think either of the two adult females are old enough to be the mothers of the nine adolescent cats. If the person who left the cats reads this, please email us on canningtown@celiahammond.org or call 020 7474 8811 so we can collect any other cats you may have and don’t want. There were no clues on the boxes to indicate an address.
    It seems there are many people who wants to adopt them and donate to their care.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The association DogRescue
    January 17 at. 19:46 ·
    Tonight we have been crying many tears and we want to pay tribute to Andrea Huszar who collaborates with Romanian Heart when she took courage and went into the private shelter named Rainbow Shelter in Brasov where she had previously been stopped from entering.

Not only a scandal but also a terrible suffering was discovered. Over 60 dogs were dead when they were neglected and starved to death despite the fact that the food stores were overflowing with unopened fodder bags and dog food cans. The man also had cats that also were found dead ..
    Andrea Huszar, together with her father, an English Team and police officer, managed to save 17 dogs that tonight came to the vet, 3 of them in such poor condition that you do not know if they survive ..
    A tradegi and a terrible suffering for these dogs rescued from a cruel suffering to a slow and dreaded fate that ended with death as a liberator.

We have today offered to help through Romanian Heart with what may be needed for these innocent souls ..
    The back of the rescuing world has once again given a face to the total cruelty that no one wants to believe exists ...
    Both food and money had been donated to the "shelter"

There are real animallovers in Romania too
    update;
    Bogdan Cepoiu was picked up by the police! His good will remain there! We tried to get him into the house! He called the police and denounced herself! Smart boy....
    Bogdan Cepoiu, you will surely see this post if you are released. Wherever you hide, we'll find you! You have seen why we are able today! No place is safe for you!

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I am a cat lover I do rescue them!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KimWilson For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Leonardo Da Vinci, a cat study

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks