Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,550 Times in 966 Posts

Default Re: Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

YES!!! Retribution is sweet! Bruins shut down Blues 3-0!

WOO HOO! How does it feel LOSERS!?
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 898 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Yeah well I’m still angry at the NHL and those idiot referees for screwing the Bruins in Game 5 which I still refuse to forgive, they’re one sided, they got St. Louis to win out of favouritism, they don’t the Bruins to win and they got it just to spite me off and to satisfy a bunch of f ing Boston haters like they are and killed my chance of my attempted comeback and the Milan Lucic traded to Calgary instead of Boston which I still wanted was adding severe insult to injury to me. Well tomorrow’s the time to get RETRIBUTION!

Well this time if the Leafs and Bruins make the playoffs this season, I hope they don’t meet again this time, I admit it was fun, but at times you get sick of it, like I’m sick of Boston and Montreal series.

Speaking of, I always supported the idea of the Quebec Nordiques coming back to the NHL if Quebec got the NHL franchise again. But now I’m backing out on it, I hope Quebec Nordiques don’t get resurrected and yes it has to do with the province muting and killing Michael’s music off radio stations all over Quebec thanx to fricking Cogeco.
    To be fair, Blues never won a cup before. Bruins have several. Also, half of the team was canadian so it was easy for me to root for them. Its been 25 years since a canadian team won so if not the leafs I hope one of them win. First round Id prefer Leafs - Habs
    Bruins -Tampa.
    As for Quebec cancelling his music im not surprised. They dont have the best reputation to begin with lol.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    To be fair, Blues never won a cup before. Bruins have several. Also, half of the team was canadian so it was easy for me to root for them. Its been 25 years since a canadian team won so if not the leafs I hope one of them win. First round Id prefer Leafs - Habs
    Bruins -Tampa.
    As for Quebec cancelling his music im not surprised. They dont have the best reputation to begin with lol.
    Well the Bruins got 6 as far as I know. Like you I hope the Leafs can win the Cup this time, as for Bruins Lightning series in the playoffs, no fricking @$$ way, not after the last time they faced off in the playoffs which was FIXED.

Yeah especially with wanting to be separatist and now Alberta wants to do the same. If that happens, then both Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers won’t be Canadians.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Boycott Sportsnet & Rogers

My anger continues as now I'm having an emotional meltdown. Fking Sportsnet fired Don Cherry yesterday causing me a meltdown and I know I'm not the only one angry over this, my dad too is angry as he's writing to Sportsnet for it and thousands of Canadians are the same way boycotting both Sportsnet and Rogers by cancelling their subscription and I'm boycotting too by refusing to watch their channel.

SPORTSNET! YOU FIRE GRAPES YOU KILLED "COACH'S CORNER"!!!

WELL FK YOU SPORTSNET!!! FK YOU ROGERS!!! FK YOU MEDIA!!! AND FK YOU DON CHERRY HATERS!!!

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/don-...urious-viewers

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Here's proof that Canadians are against Sportsnet and stood by Grapes, not just myself.

Even Bobby Orr stood by Grapes all the way.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...v-14-1.5360086

Last edited by PoP; 15-11-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Adding article on Bobby Orr

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just found that HNIC is trending on Twitter Canada. And I found Toronto Sun article re. HNIC is in ratings decline since fing Sportsnet fired Don Cherry last month. Well I knew HNIC is losing ratings and viewership now that majority of Canadians boycotting by cancelling subscriptions to Rogers. My dad said that Sportsnet and Rogers were looking for excuses to get rid of Grapes to satisfy the haters. If I find a shop or a build of Rogers, I’ll put up sign that says ”COACH’S CORNER KILLERS!!!”

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...g-hnic-ratings

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I finally found the exact game my dad recorded on ESPN feed while he was in Texas in 94', just not long before he returned home to Canada. That before I turned into hockey fan and the fan of the Boston Bruins. This is the game they defeated they Stanley Cup Champs Montreal Canadiens (WOO!) in Game 7 and the very playoffs the Bruins have to play without Cam Neely (due to knee injury) whom had a 50 goals in less then 50 games that very season (which is also the last time and the last Bruin to reach that mark).

Glen Murray the Bruins who scored 1-0 in this game was the very last Bruin to scored +40 goals until this very season David Pastrnak passed the mark +40 goals being the first since Murray and already coming close to being the first Bruin since Cam Neely to reach +50 goals.

Still I wish there's the CBC feed of this exact game.

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default R.I.P. Henri Richard

HENRI RICHARD
    1936-2020

Henri Richard, who played on 11 Stanley Cup-winning teams, more than anyone in NHL history before earning induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame, died Friday. He was 84.

Richard had lived the last years of his life in a care home in Laval, north of Montreal, as his Alzheimer's disease worsened.

"Henri Richard was one of the true giants of the game," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "The entire National Hockey League family mourns the passing of this incomparable winner, leader, gentleman and ambassador for our sport and the Montreal Canadiens.

"Beloved by teammates as much for his determination and character as for his brilliant playmaking, he won more Stanley Cups as a player than anyone in NHL history - including five straight while skating on a line with his older brother, Maurice 'Rocket' Richard. A 10-time NHL All-Star, the gifted centerman who came to be known as the 'Pocket Rocket' ranks third on the Canadiens' all-time scoring list, won the Bill Masterton Trophy in 1974 and was voted one of the NHL's Top 100 Players in 2017.

"When his 20-year playing career came to an end in 1975, Richard devoted himself to representing his beloved Canadiens and the game of hockey with the same tirelessness and class that he brought to the ice. We will miss him terribly and our sincere condolences go out to his wife Lise, their children Michèle, Gilles, Denis, Marie-France and Nathalie, 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren and his countless friends and fans."

Canadiens owner Geoff Molson said: "Henri 'Pocket Rocket' Richard was a great player and a great ambassador for the Montreal Canadiens organization. His passing is a great loss for all. My thoughts are with his family."

Richard, born on Feb. 29, 1936, was given his nickname because of his size (5-foot-7, 160 pounds) and the fact his older brother was already known as "The Rocket." Henri quickly showed that he was every bit as much a competitor as Maurice was with the Canadiens.

"All I ever had in my mind," Henri told the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2003, "was playing with the Montreal Canadiens and thinking about playing with my brother Maurice."

Though Henri Richard didn't have his brother's offensive flair or nose for the net, he finished with 358 goals and 1,046 points (80 points more than Maurice) in his 20 seasons with the Canadiens. His 1,258 games played are still a Montreal record.

The Canadiens signed Henri Richard on Oct. 13, 1955, after two impressive seasons of junior hockey in his hometown of Montreal. He stepped right into the lineup and became part of the longest championship run in NHL history. With Henri centering a line that included his older brother on the right side, Montreal won the Stanley Cup five years in a row, from 1956-60.

There was soon no doubt that Henri was more than just Maurice's little brother. He led the NHL in assists with 52 in 1957-58, when he was named a First-Team All-Star, and was a Second-Team All-Star in three of the next five seasons.

"There were a lot of people who told me that playing with Maurice was going to add a lot of pressure, but I never felt any pressure," Henri said. "I was only 19 when I came up [to the Canadiens], and Montreal had a lot of great players; it wasn't just Maurice. [Jean] Beliveau was there. Boom Boom Geoffrion and Doug Harvey were there. Jacques Plante was in the net. It was always a great thrill."

Maurice Richard retired on Sept. 15, 1960, but Henri played another 15 seasons. He scored the Cup-winning goal against the Detroit Red Wings in 1966, sparking a run of four championships in five years. He also scored the tying and winning goals in Game 7 of the 1971 Stanley Cup Final against the Chicago Blackhawks, making him one of five players in NHL history to have two Cup-winning goals.

Henri Richard young and old Montreal Canadiens

When Beliveau retired after the 1971 Cup victory, Richard succeeded him as captain. He lifted the Cup for the 11th time two years later when the Canadiens defeated the Blackhawks in a six-game Final.

Richard was a highly acclaimed leader throughout his tenure with the Canadiens. But he remained humble throughout the rest of his NHL career and his post-hockey life. It was not unusual to hear him offer words of wisdom, as his humble nature shaped him into the person he had become.

"Everybody should be a captain out there," Richard once told SI.com's FanNation. "The letter is more a symbolic thing, that's what I think."

Richard retired after 1974-75 season. His 11 championships (three more than his brother) are tied for the most by a player in North American team sports with Bill Russell of the NBA's Boston Celtics.

He kept strong ties with the Canadiens long after his retirement, making numerous public appearances on behalf of the club and eventually serving as a public relations ambassador. Richard's No. 16 was retired by the Canadiens on Dec. 10, 1975. He joined his brother in the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1979, was inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 1991 and was named as one of the NHL's 100 Greatest Players in 2017.

https://www.nhl.com/news/henri-richard-dies/c-315927688

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

May he R.I.P

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 898 Posts

I just want the leafs to make the playoffs lol

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robbsaber01 View Post
    I just want the leafs to make the playoffs lol
    They're gonna make the playoffs, I'm sure of it. I wanna watch the Bruins, but I still refuse to watch Sportsnet/Hockey Night In Canada. I still refuse to forgive em' for firing Grapes and killing "Coach's Corner" off. Lousy b@$^@#%$!

Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Breaking News: NHL season paused due to Coronavirus outbreak

The NHL will pause the 2019-20 regular season due to the concerns of the coronavirus, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman announced Thursday.

The NHL has 189 games remaining, including 10 scheduled for Thursday. The regular season was scheduled to end April 4, with the Stanley Cup Playoffs starting the week of April 6.

"In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with medical experts and convening a conference call of the Board of Governors, the National Hockey League is announcing today that it will pause the 2019-20 season beginning with tonight's games," Commissioner Bettman said in a statement.

"The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures. However, following last night's news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus -- and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point -- it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.

"We will continue to monitor all the appropriate medical advice, and we will encourage our players and other members of the NHL community to take all reasonable precautions -- including by self-quarantine, where appropriate. Our goal is to resume play as soon as it is appropriate and prudent, so that we will be able to complete the season and award the Stanley Cup. Until then, we thank NHL fans for your patience and hope you stay healthy."

All team meetings and practices have also been put on pause.

The NHL Players' Association agreed with the League's approach.

"The decision to temporarily suspend play due to the COVID-19 pandemic is an appropriate course of action at this time.

"The NHLPA will continue to closely monitor this very dynamic situation and remain in daily discussions with the League, our medical consultants, and our players regarding all aspects of this matter. The players are looking forward to the opportunity to resume play in front of hockey fans everywhere."

The announcement comes one day after the NBA announced it was suspending its season after a player on the Utah Jazz tested positive for the virus.

Also Thursday, Major League Soccer announced it'as suspending its season for 30 days. The PGA announced that The Players Tournament in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, and all tournaments in the near future will be held, but without spectators. The NCAA announced Wednesday it would play all of its championships, including the Frozen Four and the men's and women's Division I tournaments, without fans.

Before the NHL put the season on pause, the Columbus Blue Jackets were scheduled to play the Pittsburgh Penguins at Nationwide Arena on Thursday without fans in response to an order banning mass gatherings in Ohio. The San Jose Sharks, responding to a similar ban in Santa Clara County in California, were planning to play their remaining home games this month without fans at SAP Center.

Winnipeg Jets captain Blake Wheeler said Wednesday he was ready to follow whatever steps the League would take.

"The League is going to have the best interest of the players and the fans and everyone involved in making this league what it is," Wheeler said. "You just trust that the information they're getting is going to be relayed and take the proper steps to make sure [of] the safety of everyone."

Source: NHL.com