'98 Janet Finally Meets Nephew Prince

Moulin Rouge

Proud Member
[youtube]IUg6wGMHLhc[/youtube]

I think it's kinds sad that she hadn't spoken to michael much in 2 years and didn't see her nephew until he was 1. I understand that they had conflicting schedules but I think you can make time for family once a while,that goes for michael as well. Maybe they did try, who knows since this was a time when michael was kinda off on his own. To this day I think the family has said they have never even met debbie....

yea I agree. They were so so so close as kids / growing up
Yeah, Janet said they were very close until thriller and then it he just blew and became so busy and then she got into her career. I wish he would have remained closer to his family or at least certain members, i know he was close to his mother but when we see pictures of family events even recently alot of the time he is missing. I feel like he was so isolated, especially when he left neverland he was all over the place.

yes its very sad. I wish too, that the family & him were closer & saw each other daily

I thought people always blew this out of proportion and made it seem like it was more to it, like Janet said they were just busy Michael had just done the history tour , than shortly after Janet started doing promotion for velvet rop and started the velvet rope tour , so doesn't surprise me they didn't see each for two years.

Last edited:
yea its typical. just like any other ordinary brother & sister who have a full business schedule. just sad.

Most people have to go back to work right after the death of a relative when they have a real job. There is nothing strange or unusual about that.

In fact most people will tell you they can't wait to get back to work because they say keeping busy helps them stay sane. Whatever works for Janet or anyone else in the world who has lost a loved one is fine with me because only they can make that choice and judging is rarely productive or based on intimate knowledge of another's emotion or state of mind.

I thought people always blew this out of proportion and made it seem like it was more to it, like Janet said they were just busy Michael had just done the history tour , than shortly after Janet started doing promotion for velvet rop and started the velvet rope tour , so doesn't surprise me they didn't see each for two years.
yeah pretty much although its still strange. its not like either couldnt afford a plane ticket

Thread cleaned. Criticising someone's grieving methods is pretty unnecessary, not to mention completely off topic.

[youtube]IUg6wGMHLhc[/youtube]

I think it's kinds sad that she hadn't spoken to michael much in 2 years and didn't see her nephew until he was 1. I understand that they had conflicting schedules but I think you can make time for family once a while,that goes for michael as well. Maybe they did try, who knows since this was a time when michael was kinda off on his own. To this day I think the family has said they have never even met debbie....

well..we can't really make any more of an assessment of such intricacies of a meeting, anymore than we can assess why MJ went gungho into having and raising kids, and Janet was very hesitant, though they both were raised in the same family.

Personally I feel that Michael was so personal about his life as a father and husband at that time so many rumors was going around and the media have a wonderful time watching Michael's every move he decided to become a father and sadly that was a big problem to the media instead of everyone being happy for him as for Janet and Michael not talking to each other I will say yes the touring around the world because they both are big artist but at the end of that day Michael was so protective i was glad that she did meet her nephew for the first time in 98

I still find it odd how Janet didn't have time to see her beloved brothers baby. Regardless of tours/schedule etc that was his first born child! IF he were my brother I would've gone and seen the child when he invited the family to, or if not on that day on another one for an hour or so. It's not like Michael was Jermaine who used to religiously have at least one child per year. That was Michael's first born for Gods sake! But that's just me I guess

Last edited:
^^perhaps. perhaps not. i guess my opinion is, that he could have been in love with Debbie.

the idea of something being strange, to me, is iffy. because, like Janet's version of grieving, there, apparently, are many ways to love, and be in love, as there are many ways to grieve. as close as MJ was to his mother, she spent a lot of time with the rest of the family. maybe there are things about MJ we don't understand, and maybe he spent time away from the family. maybe his family didn't understand him. there are a lot of maybes. IMO. a lot of people have different definitions of love, and being in love. i believe we are discovering that, more and more, every day. just as we, apparently, are discovering that there are many forms of grieving, every day, through watching Janet.

^^perhaps. perhaps not. i guess my opinion is, that he could have been in love with Debbie.

the idea of something being strange, to me, is iffy. because, like Janet's version of grieving, there, apparently, are many ways to love, and be in love, as there are many ways to grieve. as close as MJ was to his mother, she spent a lot of time with the rest of the family. maybe there are things about MJ we don't understand, and maybe he spent time away from the family. maybe his family didn't understand him. there are a lot of maybes. IMO. a lot of people have different definitions of love, and being in love. i believe we are discovering that, more and more, every day. just as we, apparently, are discovering that there are many forms of grieving, every day, through watching Janet.
agree with you just like there are supposedly many ways of grieving as we can see there are many ways of loving

I still find it odd how Janet didn't have time to see her beloved brothers baby. Regardless of tours/schedule etc that was his first born child! IF he were my brother I would've gone and seen the child when he invited the family to, or if not on that day on another one for an hour or so. It's not like Michael was Jermaine who used to religiously have at least one child per year. That was Michael's first born for Gods sake! But that's just me I guess
yeah i agree . i find it strange

agree with you just like there are supposedly many ways of grieving as we can see there are many ways of loving

yeah...i'm struck by something Janet said. sometimes she wants to have something to herself, because their lives are so exposed because of their fame. Janet's marriage to Renee, was something none of us knew about. who knows if she showed him off to her family or not. she kept him a total secret. yet she was in love with him, and when she got the divorce, it was traumatic for her. she talked about being that emotional eater, and gaining weight, cus of the trauma. but none of us knew about anything. so..indeed, there seems to be many ways....IMO

It must have been hard for the two to see each other, Michael and Janet were two of the biggest superstars of that time, I mean they both had albums to promote and tours.
You'de think Janet would want to have been there when he was born, but maybe Michael never invited her over, who knows.
Its good that the kids see Janet more know though :)

Michael invited the entire family to meet his child most of them went Janet didn't.

I never thought of it that way about janet thanks for that

Thread cleaned - again. If you can't show respect please, just don't bother posting! Not to mention, totally off topic as well...

if that is the case, it was nobody's fault that Janet didn't meet the child.

she didn't say it was anyone faults, if she couldn't make it she couldn't make it. like I said I don't really see the big deal it's not like it was she was refusing to go or anything I am sure if she could get out of it, she would have gone, but in the end she saw prince. heck my cousin had a baby last year and I didn't see the baby until he was about 6 months old ( around christmas) so like I said I really don't find it all that strange at all.

Back