I don't understand why nothing official has been planned for June 25th?

*MissChanel*

Proud Member
The greatest entertainer of all time passed away on June 25th and its coming up to the 1st anniversary of his death. I felt Michael's memorial wasn't good enough for him but that's a whole other topic.

I'm certain in Michael's whole career that he has worked with the very best in the industry yet no one, not one of them has organized to put together a tribute, which in my opinion should be the biggest musical tribute of all time to honor the greatest - Michael Jackson.

June 25th is not far away yet nothing has been planned? After all Michael has done for entertainment and the world. This hurts, Michael deserves so much more.

hypothesis:
1. Because everybody knows the fans will do something anyway.
2. Because we know everybody's gonna remember that anyway (media)
3. Because it's not a date we really want to remember even if we cannot hide from it

besides from that, I don,t know why, but there is the World cry event, the hold a candle thing I guess many people (fans) will be going to important places like Forest Lawn, 2300 Jackson Street or Encino or Neverland, I'M sure if we search thee are plenty of event, but nothing 'official' like, organized by 'important' people (MJ's family, cowerkers or celebrities.)

The fans are doing a mass download of We've Had Enough on the anniversary of his passing.

Just speaking for myself, I will remember Michael on his birthday and not on the day he died. I would rather recognize the day he was given to the world, than the day he was taken away.

Personally its to early in the game millions still not over his passing something will be plan especially from the fans. It just hurts like hell to even mentioning anything people planned for the first year of his death i'm so fed that June is three months away walks out the thread broken down

Just speaking for myself, I will remember Michael on his birthday and not on the day he died. I would rather recognize the day he was given to the world, than the day he was taken away.

Same here.. I wish they will do something on his birthday.. as far as June 25th goes I really do not want anything to remind me of that day.

Personally its to early in the game millions still not over his passing something will be plan especially from the fans. It just hurts like hell to even mentioning anything people planned for the first year of his death i'm so fed that June is three months away walks out the thread broken down

It does hurt still. very bad.

I cant believe its almost been a year. Its just crazy :(

The fans are doing a mass download of We've Had Enough on the anniversary of his passing.

:clapping::clapping: :heart: :heart:

Do not want to remember this day.. :mello:
Miss you Mike, love you very!!!

Its not about not wanting to remember this day or not wanting to face reality. No one wants to remember the pain that day brought us all and the world but its about respect.

Not remembering, no plans for that day is disrespectful. I am shocked that only 3 months from now marks 1 year and no one in the industry has organized anything official.

I remember there was a concert for Lady Diana. Yes it was 10 years later but the point is, it can be done.

I believe it´s going to be a trial first.
I want to celebrate him the day he was born.

June 25 is a day that I never want to remember in my mind. But maybe there would be a candlelight vigil or something that can be planned. I just don't want anything partylike. But something that would be like remembering his life.

There are going to be fan meetups, MJJC is having a meet up on the 25th in London. Plus as someone else mentioned there is going to be a mass download of 'We've Had Enough.' Nothing official has been planned but I wouldn't want to do anything big on the day anyway. Just want to spend the day with people that love Michael just sitting and remembering him.

I dont want anymore memorial stuff it makes me to sad. I diddnt watch the memorial for that very reason and I diddnt buy any rip 1958-2009 merchandise either

The greatest entertainer of all time passed away on June 25th and its coming up to the 1st anniversary of his death. I felt Michael's memorial wasn't good enough for him but that's a whole other topic.

I'm certain in Michael's whole career that he has worked with the very best in the industry yet no one, not one of them has organized to put together a tribute, which in my opinion should be the biggest musical tribute of all time to honor the greatest - Michael Jackson.

June 25th is not far away yet nothing has been planned? After all Michael has done for entertainment and the world. This hurts, Michael deserves so much more.
I was wondering the same, this is MICHAEL JACKSON, a true real GENIUS, one of a kind. I think that when geniuses of this rare kind desappear need and MUST be remembered forever and most of all HONORED,

what would honor Michael the best, something that would be totally of his like would be a statue of him, that would be just a little bit for someomne who has changed the art of music and he was always talking about Innovation, this would indeed be an inovation... a monument to his genius, that would be just AWESOME.
Michael loved art, and sculptures, he loved that, he loved all that stuff, it was part of his personallity, and that would be excellent...it would be the ultimate.

Other way is to become Neverland into the Official Michael Jackson Museum and open it on the June 25 :angel: i personally think Neverland is Michael Jackson

people would go there as if it was Disneyland, but in this case to remember a true genius.(even though Walt was another genius, in fact Michael was a fan of Walter Disney)

I'm sure there will be many tributes and vigils around the world on that day.. there's no doubt in my mind. I think everybody will be remembering Michael in their own way.

I would love to take part in a vigil or some kind of fan gathering, however, my cousin is getting married that day. I am so happy for her and am looking forward to the wedding, but as it's also the 1 year anniversary of Michael's passing, I still don't know how I'm going to be able to put on a happy face at the wedding when my mind is going to be on Michael :( It will definitely be an emotional day...

While I respect everyone's personal wishes for observing the day of Michael's passing, to me quiet remembrances, vigils, peaceful/reflective gatherings of fans and family seems most appropriate to me. But everyone is different-

When you look at other highly notable figures in all walks of life/service/professions throughout the years, it usually is the day of birth that normally is publicly represented/observed. Perhaps it sounds harsh, but remembering a lost person of great influence seems most appropriate through reflection and quiet introspection.

Ultimately everyone has the right to wish for however someone should be remembered on the day of their death. Personally I would choose to acknowledge and celebrate the day of birth, and quietly reflect and remember Michael on June 25th.

I do understand and respect other's feeling differently on this matter; perhaps/hopefully there will be appropriate and dignified recognition/remembrance on June 25th.

Other way is to become Neverland into the Official Michael Jackson Museum and open it on the June 25 :angel: i personally think Neverland is Michael Jackson

people would go there as if it was Disneyland, but in this case to remember a true genius.(even though Walt was another genius, in fact Michael was a fan of Walter Disney)

I totally agree with you!

It wouldn't matter if Neverland is "up the hills" or "too far out", bus tours can take people there! Even if it were a 4 hour bus ride, I have no doubt that it would become still as popular as Disneyland. It truly would become a phenomenon with the amount of fans and worldwide appeal Michael holds.

I totally agree with you!

It wouldn't matter if Neverland is "up the hills" or "too far out", bus tours can take people there! Even if it were a 4 hour bus ride, I have no doubt that it would become still as popular as Disneyland. It truly would become a phenomenon with the amount of fans and worldwide appeal Michael holds.
Its an assured success :yes:

from my exprice and persons i lost
i like to light a candle on the day they died its helps me to grive and rembmer the beautiful they have
i think michael's neverland sould one day to turn in a zoo them park
where michael's fans can see michael fav anmials
ok i don't have anything planed for june 25 2010 i think i light a candle or try to talk to michael

Same here.. I wish they will do something on his birthday.. as far as June 25th goes I really do not want anything to remind me of that day.

Neither do I. So personally I am glad nothing is being planned because I am going to try and do all that I can. To just totally forget that horrible day even exists. Hopefully I am going to try and spend it in bed sleeping that horrible day away. Because that horrible day has put me in a state of deep permanent mourning. And that I had forever lost my happiness.

I think its a big shame that if not the most successful and inspirational to all music or other wise does not get his just deserves.

I recall when Freddie Mercury Passed they did this tribute in Wembley stadium that was huge (yes I know the band did it) but, for Mike it should be just as if not far beyond that.

We can only hope a group fitting will come forward, my thinking Quincey Jones Stevie Wonder, many of his old time producers and engineers seth riggs etc etc would be, the last thing we would need is another Sony money making machine show.

For me it will just be a day when I want to be alone with my thoughts, we will all remember in our own way, I couldn't go to any type of concert, it would be too painful for me, for others it would help. We will never forget him, or stop loving him, we don't need any public show to keep him in our hearts.

I think a lot of fans are missing the point here or don't understand what I wrote in my post. Its not about what we wish to do, its the morals of it. The respect.

If something public was planned, you would not have to attend, you could light a candle and spend it alone as a lot of you have expressed you wish to do that day in this thread. At least an offical public gathering of some sort, whether concert or something else shows respect from those in the industry that would put their hands up and organize something to say thank-you and for the whole world to come together to pay respect and remember the greatest entertainer who ever lived.

I think something should have been planned as well. (Isn't Jermaine's event going to be recorded June 8th and televised June 25th :ph34r:)

But besides this, I think many who would be putting this event together are in shock still and they are focused on the criminal trial.

For many others, I think they probably think we need to give shows commemorating him a break. Many complained how virtually every show was doing something for him. That run of shows ended just a few months ago. So I think many want to give it a bit of time before they do something.

But yeah, he is Michael Jackson, he really deserves something that is actually good and lives up to his memory. A lot of dedications to thim this past year were just bogus. he should have something proper. And for how much everyone says they owe so much to him and they admire him, they should be able to get something done.

Perhaps maybe in a few years they will have a concert or something. They do things like that for John Lennon. I think right now its a lil too raw in people's hearts. Im sure they will play his videos on tv and we'll hear tons of his music on radio that weekend. I could see doing something for his birthday though, that might be a better idea, in my opinion.

Do you guys ever plan anything on the day someone dies in your family? We dont, its a somber day where we may go visit the grave or attend church. Thats about it.

If they did something it would be nice, but I don't think there is a necessity.

I would like to celebrate his birthday...

As for june 25th, i think i'll dig a hole that i can sit in that entire day.

I for one am open to what people have in mind. I don't blame people for choosing whatever they choose to do on this day whether it be a lone vigil, being part of a fans vigil. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things of this magnitude and we must respect that no matter how obsured it may appear to others.

EDIT: ginvid I love your avatar! I used to love that film as a child! :D But I can't for the life of me remember what its called but I definitely remember that scene.

Back