Thread: This is it CD single

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default This is it CD single

Hi, my question is - why sony didnīt released This is it as a CD single??

1, a lot of experts agreed that this single will be the best selling single of all time and will surpass Elton Johnīs single Candle in the wind for princes Diana.
    2, This is it is just a simple song, but Candle in the wind is simple too (voice + piano only)
    3, If This is it single was a charity single and the profit from it was given to Michaelīs children, it would help Michaelīs family to overcame their financial problems.
    4, Wouldnīt you buy this single, if youīd know, that Prince, Paris and Blanket will get your money? If not, Iīm sure a lot of people from general public would, Michael was as important person as princes Diana and successful film This is it would only help the single to become the largest selling single ever.

My opinion is - Sony sabotaged another project, bigger than Invincible, sony sabotaged the largest selling single ever!!! Unfortunately there is no Michael who would make some demonstration like he did in 2002 :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F3t2...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukG0s...layer_embedded

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 3.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: This is it CD single

I think alot of people would of hated sony even worse if they had released 'This is it' as a single and said they were milking it even worse and it wasnt a propper finished track but a demo they used and released because (I think) it contained the words 'This is it' in the song and went well with the film.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

If they wanted to go for the biggest seller ever, they would have just pulled the best and most emotional balla out of the vault.

Dangerous Incorporated

Sony would have wanted people to buy the TII soundtrack which inlcuded obviously the song TII. If it was released on a single, people wouldnt have a need to buy the album for that one new song.

Also Candle In The Wind is a much stronger song than This Is It is.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Incorporated View Post
    Sony would have wanted people to buy the TII soundtrack which inlcuded obviously the song TII. If it was released on a single, people wouldnt have a need to buy the album for that one new song.

Also Candle In The Wind is a much stronger song than This Is It is.
    exactly. Candle in the wind is one of Sir eltons greatest works, this is it was like a demo, it wasn't even a finished outake.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

candle in the wind was a dud, on it's first release on an album. only when it was rereleased as a single, on the strength of what happened to Princess Diana, did it become strong.

this is a very subjective type of thing. there are plenty of people who say they like This Is It, and other people who say they don't. This IS It, the movie, did well, and people bought the soundtrack. so, both This Is It and Candle In The Wind, did well. so..peoples' opinions on the songs aren't really good indicators on how well a song would do.
    In Love of Money Land(Branca,sony,mainstream media), it's always a pride and snowy day.

And, remember when the king of pop fired John Branca?

https://t.co/dm3MFQdbzd

http://imgur.com/a/gdU5v It doesn't just... go away.

Dangerous Incorporated

Quote Originally Posted by vncwilliam View Post
    candle in the wind was a dud, on it's first release on an album. only when it was rereleased as a single, on the strength of what happened to Princess Diana, did it become strong.

this is a very subjective type of thing. there are plenty of people who say they like This Is It, and other people who say they don't. This IS It, the movie, did well, and people bought the soundtrack. so, both This Is It and Candle In The Wind, did well. so..peoples' opinions on the songs aren't really good indicators on how well a song would do.
    I like This Is It but I personally dont feel it is up to par with Elton's Candle In The Wind which was very strong in its own right when it was first released in the 70s (reaching #11). But yes it was more popular the second time around (reaching #1) but I attribute that mostly to the sentimental connection with Princess Diana more than the song itself, as most people already knew CITW.

But basically TII was released on the album to encourage album sales. Sony can charge more money for an album than for a single.

Gone Too Soon would have been a more appropriate song as a tribute single to Michael when he passed. Gone Too Soon could have held its own as a tribute single IMO

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

TII was just an old demo. The Candle in the Wind comparisons were before anyone had actually heard it - tabloids were spectulating with sales figures post June 25th and what it could sell.

Sony made a lot more money with it as an album-only track than a single.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,341 Times in 533 Posts

TII the best single ever??? sorry, but i started laughing when i read the first post.
    and I'm verry happy they never released it as single.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

How weird, in CZ discussion 27% fans believe that this single would be the best selling single of all time, 22% fans believe that this single would be best selling single, but itīs chance is lees than 50%, 16% fans believe that TII had no chance to be the best selling single of all time, but it would be NO.1 single in US and UK. 22% fans believe that TII would be as "successful" as Cry and only 11% fans think that TII would be Michaelīs worsts selling single. But here fans donīt believe in Michael, of course, this forum is supported by sony, but I think itīs sad anyway. No one believe in Michaelīs work and all fans are happy that sony released nothing. Iīm sad to say it, but Michael was never as popular as he was after his death, I think that TII would have been at least NO.1 single. Some people love Michael and would like support his children this way.