Thread: Janet Jackson: What's Happening~~~

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Janet Jackson: What's Happening~~~

Thanks for this! It's been so long since I've been able to enjoy listening to a Michael Baisden show as I used to all the time

Quote Originally Posted by nena View Post
    Janet was on the Michael Baisden Show today

http://www.michaelbaisden.com/tools/...mp3&title=Feel

She thanks fans for supporting her and her family and talks about upcoming projects.
    Before you judge me, try hard to love me. Look within your heart then ask: have YOU seen my childhood?

I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 841 Posts

Default 2018 MTV Europe Music Awards

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Post Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard join Rock Hall of Fame

By Andy Greene December 13, 2018 Rolling Stone

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year’s inductees: Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard, The Cure, Roxy Music and the Zombies will all join the class of 2019.

The induction ceremony will be held at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center on March 29th. An edited version of the event will air later on HBO alongside a SiriusXM radio broadcast. Ticket details will be announced in January.

Artists are eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first album or single. Kraftwerk, Todd Rundgren, Rage Against the Machine, Rufus & Chaka Khan, MC5, LL Cool J, John Prine and Devo were all nominated, but failed to make the cut. No newly-eligible acts made it in this year, but this was the first time that Def Leppard and Nicks appeared on the ballot (though Nicks was inducted as a member of Fleetwood Mac in 1998). She will become the only woman to enter the Hall of Fame on two occasions.

“I have a lot to say about this,” Nicks says in a statement, “but I will save those words for later. For now I will just say, I have been in a band since 1968. To be recognized for my solo work makes me take a deep breath and smile. It’s a glorious feeling.”
    Jackson also released a statement reacting to the honor. “Thank you Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” she says. “I am truly honored and I am happy to be in there with my brothers.”

Joe Elliott of Def Leppard is equally thrilled by the news. “Now we can stop holding our breath,” he tells Rolling Stone. “How wonderful to be in the same club as the Rolling Stones and the Beatles and the Who and Queen … It’s a nice badge of honor.”

For Colin Blunstone of the Zombies – who have been eligible since 1989 and have appeared on three previous ballots – this was the result of incredible patience and persistence. “You do start to doubt that it could happen,” he tells Rolling Stone. “I’ve tried to be fairly philosophical about it and tell myself that if we don’t get inducted, it’s just a bit of fun. Don’t take it too seriously. But of course when you’re actually inducted, everything changes. You think, ‘This is a career-defining [and] life-defining moment.'”

His longtime bandmate Rod Argent echoed Blunstone’s sentiment. “I know it’s fashionable in some circles to say, ‘I don’t mind whether I get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or not,'” he tells Rolling Stone. “But that is not how I’ve ever felt. When we were first nominated, that felt like a huge honor in its own right. And this time to turn the corner and get inducted, feels fantastic … I’m just so delighted.”

In a statement, a cordial Radiohead said that “the band thanks the Hall of Fame voting body and extends congratulations to this year’s fellow inductees.” But when we spoke to them in 2017, they were a little skeptical about the institution. “I don’t want to be rude about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because for a lot of people it means something, but culturally I don’t understand it,” said guitarist Ed O’Brien. “I think it might be a quintessential American thing. Brits are not very good at slapping ourselves on the back. It seems very show-biz and I’m not very show-biz.”

Roxy Music frontman Bryan Ferry had a different take. “We are delighted to accept this prestigious award on behalf of everyone who has been involved in the world of Roxy Music,” he wrote in a Tweet, “musicians, engineers, producers, designers and numerous people behind the scenes… and of course our loyal fans.”

Many Hall of Fame inductions have wrapped up with an all-star jam where each inductee lets loose on a single song, but finding one that works for all seven inductees might be a challenge. “That’s a bit of a tricky one, isn’t it?” asks Blunstone. “If you were to ask me off the top of my head, I’d go with ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ by the Beatles. Everyone knows that.”

Elliott has a different take. “I suppose older folk would be thinking [Chuck Berry’s] ‘Johnny B. Goode’ and younger folk would be thinking [David Bowie’s] ‘Heroes,'” he says. “It might one of those awkward moments where I’m saying, ‘I’m uncomfortable. I’m not doing it. Do they really want to play with us? Do we want to play with them?’ I don’t know. It depends on the Kumbaya-ness of the evening.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DuranDuran For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,288 Posts

Congrats to janet for being inducted to the rock and roll of fame

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

It's been long overdue, but it finally happened. Congrats to Janet on being inducted into the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame. So well-deserved, now all six Jacksons are in there!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Queen Janet, baby!

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Post Janelle Monae To Present Janet Jackson At Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

by Camille Augustin March 13, 2019 Vibe

With standard tickets already sold out, according to Cleveland.com, 2019's edition of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony will be the talk of the town later this year. To present the honorees with tributes and praise, the organization announced those famed artists like Janelle Monae who will honor Janet Jackson with this momentous accolade.

Jackson expressed her gratitude for the achievement when it was confirmed in December 2018. The Rock Hall described the "Made For Now" artist as someone who fearlessly tackled subjects of "poverty, race relations, and drug use" within her music, specifically on the iconic Rhythm Nation 1814. This was Jackson's third nomination.

The award-winning artist is poised to join a stellar cast of inductees that include Aretha Franklin, Billie Holiday, Bobby Womack, Earth, Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye, and her late brother Michael Jackson.

Other 2019 inductees include Radiohead, Def Leppard, The Cure, Roxy Music, The Zombies, and Stevie Nicks. The event will go down at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on March 29.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Janelle Monae To Present Janet Jackson At Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Wow that's great! I love Janelle Monae!